JennP

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Prancer » August 4th, 2006, 9:42 am

I MISS MY SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok got that out there. I hate not knowing where I am at for the week. Tom told me if he gave it back to me then he would take it away for two week. Man he is a nut.

Well AF has left the building. I was not sorry to say good bye. I have had a couple rough L&G this week but feel good about where I am at. A friend of mind told me that she can see my weight loss in my face, back and stomach. I dont know if she is just blowing smoke or what. No one else has seen it or at least havent said anything. I saw someone yesterday that I havent seen since I started and she didnt say anything. It bums me out. I want a NSV darn it. Ok so well my rings are loose now. If I shake my right hand my ring almost falls off. I guess thats good.

I havent changed my siggy 'cause I cant network right now. By this point I am just going to wait until next week. Praying for a loss.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sarya » August 4th, 2006, 9:46 am

Some people will never say anything about the weight loss. Wanna know something funny? Every time I would go home for a holiday all of my relatives would be like, "OH you lost weight didn't you? You look great!" when I had gained weight. Lose 35 pounds and I don't think anyone besides my parents commented.
Sarya

Postby Prancer » August 4th, 2006, 12:30 pm

Sarya wrote:Some people will never say anything about the weight loss. Wanna know something funny? Every time I would go home for a holiday all of my relatives would be like, "OH you lost weight didn't you? You look great!" when I had gained weight. Lose 35 pounds and I don't think anyone besides my parents commented.

That is so funny. I have had people comment before when I lost like 2 pounds. 23 pounds and no one sees it.
Prancer

Postby Sarya » August 4th, 2006, 12:37 pm

Yeah.. I'm hoping that I've lost more than 70 by thanksgiving. They'll have to notice then won't they??

I'm not sure why people ignore it. I wonder if a: they're jealous, b: they're that unobservant, c: they're afraid you'll talk about how, or d: they think sometihng bad happened to cause it. Not a clue. I always say something when I notice someone has lost weight.
Sarya

Postby jump4joy » August 4th, 2006, 2:10 pm

I'm really puzzled by this too! I've lost almost 40 lbs. and nobody has said a THING ('cept hubby and daughters). It'll be interesting to me to see how long it takes till people start talking about it to me. :?

Joy
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Prancer » August 4th, 2006, 6:27 pm

I'm kind of glad it isnt me. Thank goodness we have this site to share pictures at and be encouraged. I really wished I had taken measurments. :x
Prancer

Postby Prancer » August 5th, 2006, 9:39 am

Dh gave me back the scale today. I have only lost 1 pound. I know i need to be happy about it but I'm not. I set goals for myself and I havent met them at all. I was hoping for 3 pounds a week and I am no where near that. It is really killing me. I am completely out of shakes and waiting on my order. DH told me to just go off program a little for a couple days until it gets here but considering only 1 pound lost I think it wont be a good idea. I am really discouraged today. I have to bring my daughter to a princess birthday party in a few minutes. They are getting manicures and pedicures at a local salon. I have to face all the moms which I hate doing anyway. The fake smile, the fake "how ya been" s, UGH. I just want to crawl in a hole.
Prancer

Postby Elke » August 5th, 2006, 10:12 am

I don't do princess parties. I will however say its takes people a while to say anything. I think maybe they think we are sick...why else would we be loosing so much weight? I have had a few people notice and it does feel good. I have NSV before anyone noticed so don't let it bother you. Once they notice it will feel good. I have some notice and others don't. Go figure. Heck my mom didn't really see it till I was at 35 gone! By the way...its not too late to take measurements :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 6th, 2006, 7:48 pm

OK Jenn I am all caught up with your journal lol

First off~~If you haven't done it yet...Take Measurements! I had a little plateau a few weeks ago and remembered that it had been a month since I had measured--I had lost 12 inches in a month when I felt I wasnt losing much!

Now that that's said lol--I am a scale addict as well and I know first hand how a teeny tiny loss can make you feel after a week of being good. However I have come to realize that ANY loss is a good thang and I know there will be weeks that a 1lb or 2 will creep back in but I know I need to keep trudging along in order to get where I want to be!

Taste Buds~~We went to our mexican place the other night and I havent had chips since June 4th. Well I picked up a small one to have a bite with salsa and it was so bland. I asked everyone if the chips were bad and it was just me..so yes taste buds so change. Craig hopes the changes will make me like lettuce before this is all said & done lol

**Huggs Girlie** I hope this week is a better one for ya!
When is your order due to arrive? Do you need me to send ya some shakes?
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Prancer » August 6th, 2006, 8:19 pm

You're sweet. My order should arrive Monday...Tues at the latest. I am also swapping with Supermom for shakes. I am going to be WELL stocked by the end of this week.

For my L&G tonight I had taco salad with chicken, lettuce and some shredded cheese. I put some hot taco sauce on it. I took one bite and asked DH "is this salty?" He said "no its normal" so I ate some more. After two more bites I tossed it and ate some cottage cheese. I felt so mean because he made it but MAN it was wicked salty. My poor taste buds are so sensative now. I cant drink diet coke from a can or bottle because it is too sweet, cant eat things with salt.... I am going to have to start liking veggies :shock:

I will bring my tape measure down to my room and measure tomorrow morning when I get up! It will be interesting to know anyway.

Sometimes dont ya wish the trudging was more like sprinting? I am excited at 25# gone but then if I look at how much I have left I get overwhelmed. Weight loss is a hard journey.
Prancer

Postby Karli » August 6th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Jenn, you are doing great. But may I ask (I am just curious) what makes the taco salad a taco salad ? Just the taco sauce ?
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Prancer » August 7th, 2006, 6:23 am

Karli wrote:Jenn, you are doing great. But may I ask (I am just curious) what makes the taco salad a taco salad ? Just the taco sauce ?

Before MF we would cook the meat with taco seasoning (still do that) and eat it with lettuce, crunched up tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream ....taco fixings in a bowl not on a shell. With MF I just have the meat, cheese, lettuce and taco seasoning.

btw, its nice to hear from you Karli. You have been doing fantastic!!
Prancer

Postby Prancer » August 7th, 2006, 6:16 pm

I have my scale back for good now. WOO HOO. I weighed myself this morning and I was 236. That means I have lost 10% of my weight!! One more goal down. I need new goals. Then again if my order doesnt get here tomorrow I am going to be starting all over again!
Prancer

Postby JeepGirl » August 7th, 2006, 6:27 pm

WooHoo Girl that is awesome!
You are doing so good! Hopefully your order will be there tomorrow!

Goals are always good as are rewards for each goal! I am realllllllly good at the reward part of it LOL
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby SharonR » August 7th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Jeep girl, just curious, what are some of your rewards? I have yet to reward myself for any weight loss.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal