JennP

1 Thread per registered User.

JennP

Postby Prancer » June 14th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Ok I am starting my journal. I ordered my first 4 weeks today with the 5th week for free. I dont know about some of those free flavors. What is Latte anyway??
Last edited by Prancer on February 16th, 2007, 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby loriannk » June 14th, 2006, 2:12 pm

Great Story Jennifer. A bunch of the stuff you said sounds like what I went though minus the twins. I too did fertility with no luck and got preg on my own 6 months after we stopped. Had my first daughter in 99 and got preg again with my other daughter 5 months later. Yep had two kids 14 months apart. Was still fat and it took 6 more years for me to get preg again with my son.

I wish you the very best and I am sure you will do great.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » June 14th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Welcome, Jenn. I'm so glad you decided to join us and share your story (hey, and your twins were born the day after my birthday! cool!). I think this will really fit in well with your lifestyle; prep time is SO minimal, and there are several grab-and-go meals (I predict your next order will include the famous ready-to-drink shakes). Good luck!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Prancer » June 14th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Thanks girls! I also went on ebay and got a magic bullet today!!
Prancer

Postby Prancer » June 16th, 2006, 12:08 pm

I got the email today that my MF was shipped via fedex so it should be here by Wed I think. I'm already getting nervous. My dh is now if full support. He said yesterday he thinks its a good idea because I never seem to want any food in particular. He said it should be easier when I dont have to pick what to eat.

I told one of my friends I was starting a diet next week. She asked what and I wouldnt tell her. She isnt a very good encourager so I think it best to keep it quiet for a while. We are going camping together in a month so she will know then for sure. Most likely over forth of july since we always spend the holiday together.

I am enjoying coming here every day. It is keeping my motivation up. I'm worried about not liking some of the things that come with the variety pack. The latte, chili and cappochino are not my thing. I dont like coffee or coffee drinks. yuck.
Prancer

Postby Zinkette99 » June 16th, 2006, 1:55 pm

JennP, welcome!

You won't like everything. There are things you will hate. The best thing to do is to find out what you like and when you re-order just stick to those things. But honestly, you might be surprised. I hate coffee but the cappacino is awesome when you put it with cold water and set in the freezer or fridge for an hour. Makes a huge difference.

I think you're going to do great. And I have friends similar to yours... Friends that discourage and are cynical. Just let your weight loss speak for yourself. We are always here to encourage you.
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » June 16th, 2006, 2:52 pm

So true. Although there are still a few products I have never tried and don't intend to try, starting with cappuccino and chai latte. I don't like coffee or tea (or chai), and unlike my big oatmeal conversion, I don't believe I ever will.

Definitely check out the lean cuisine area for some ideas on doctoring up the foods, though. It makes a HUGE difference.

Eventually, you'll settle on the foods you like and stick mostly to those. I know I mostly stick to the same five or six foods every day.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Prancer » June 19th, 2006, 6:43 am

Ok so today is day 1!! I had a hard time choking down the oatmeal. I actually love oatmeal but not a fan of flavored oatmeals. I like just normal old plain oatmeal. I also tend to drink a ton of water with oatmeal and this morning I only had one half bottle left in the fridge. That didnt help either.

So after I brought my kids to school I went to walmart and got a case of water. Then when I got home I cleaned out a whole cupboard and restocked it with only MF foods. I am claiming it as my own. Last night I took a few ziploc bags and got all the foods for a day and zipped them up. So now for the next 4 days I only have to think about my L&G meal. Hmm, better go take something out of the freezer.

Non food related....Tonight is Kindergarten graduation and my babies are going to be graduating. Doesnt seem possible. I guess I have to stop calling them babies soon. :cry:
Prancer

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2006, 8:47 am

Never. They'll always be your babies.

And bummer on the oatmeal, but you'll get used to it. If not, you can have something else. I had broccoli soup for breakfast for months.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby TheShadow » June 19th, 2006, 12:21 pm

I almost died when I tasted the oatmeal! It was gross and I love oatmeal. Here's what you do...get some Walden Farms (or some other brand) sugar free, carb free maple syrup from the dietetic section of the grocery store and add a tblsp or two. It makes all the difference. You've got to try the chicken and wild rice soup. It is great. But a warning on all the soups and chili, you need to heat it in the micro and then let it sit with a saucer over it for about 20-30 mins, then reheat it. Otherwise the veggies don't get rehydrated right. If you do it this way, it is great. Add all the spices and things like that to you foods, experiment and go crazy. My new creation....orange creme shake mix with 8 oz of grapefruit crystal lite blended with ice. Tastes like a Jamba smoothie (sorta).
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Prancer » June 19th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Thanks Shadow and Dogma. I have gotten to my 4th meal already today. I havent been hungry at all. I tend to not eat much during the day and always ate a lot at night...so we'll see how the next few hours go.

I was much happier with the bar, soup and shake. I put the soup in the fridge with water when I did my breakfast so it was hydrated well. I kind of over spiced it and burned the heck out of my mouth with the pepper.
Prancer

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Oh, that's too funny. I HATE the chicken and rice soup. And I used to hate oatmeal, but now I love the Medifast version. My favorite is the apple cinnamon with two packets of Splenda, some extra cinnamon and a dash of DaVinci sugar-free caramel syrup.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Prancer » June 20th, 2006, 4:44 am

Dogma, the apple oatmeal is on schedule for today for breakfast. I am waiting until I bring my son to school so my stomach has time to settle some.

I have successfully completed day1!!!! It went so well. I wasnt hungry at all. I was feeling kind of anxious by dinner time. I didnt get my last MF in until late because of graduation. I did however get thru graduation without eating any of the stuff at the gathering...including cake, cookies and juice. I also managed to ignore the doritos calling me at 9pm..a weakness for me. So I was pretty proud. I didnt enjoy getting up to pee a bazillion times last night though.

Graduation was great. The kids did fantastic and I only cried a bit and it wasnt even about my kids but about my daughters best friend who passed away this year so she wasnt there physically. It has been a rough year for these kids, dealing with death in Kindergarten is not fun.

So...on to day two!! I tracked my magic bullet and it should be here this morning! Got to be cleaner then the blender.
Prancer

Postby Prancer » June 21st, 2006, 11:25 am

Day #3 and things are ok. That excites me. I felt a bit hungry yesterday here and there. It was ok tho. Today at lunch I was tending to the kids and fielding phone calls and over cooked my soup so it went down the drain. I was :x good thing Tom came home because I was ready to blow. I decided to have my orange shake in place of it. I made it with ice and sprite. I am in heaven!! It was so good!!! I got a lot happier after that! :lol:

I shouldnt be weighing myself every day but I have been. Down #6 from Monday. Shh, dont tell anyone, I dont want to be upset if it should go up later in the week.
Prancer

Postby DogMa » June 21st, 2006, 2:06 pm

That's great, Jenn!! And I'm so sorry about that little girl. No one should have to deal with death that young. I'm glad you got through the day, though.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Next

Return to My Journal