JennP

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Prancer » June 28th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Thanks Sharon! Thanks for the PM too!!
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 28th, 2006, 8:31 pm

Way to go avoiding the cupcakes! That just PROVES this is VERY important to you! GREAT JOB! Don't worry about the Christian thread at all. AT ALL!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Prancer » June 29th, 2006, 7:51 am

Thanks DeDe. It helps coming from someone who knows the ropes around here.

Got up and did the naked scale thing again. It said I was up 2 pounds putting me back at 253. I was kind of shocked. So I waited a minute and got back on. It said 250. I was happier and decided to try again. I got 250 3x in a row. I am taking the 250. I think I better get a new battery just in case.
Prancer

Postby SharonR » June 30th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Good for you!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » June 30th, 2006, 3:01 pm

I replaced the scale battery today. Twice when I started it I got ERR then it said I was #1 up from yesterday. I checked again hours later before I showered (after 3 MF meals and 7 waters) and it was the same as this morning. Hopefully all is fixed now.

Had a pretty good MF day considering everything around our house is falling apart. I got a salad from subway for dinner. The chicken there weighs 2.5 oz per portion so I got double chicken, lettuce and some shredded cheese. I did go with the low carb dressing which I am thinking wasnt good. We'll see tomorrow.

Now if we could get the dryer working it would be a better day. Oh and for the sake of everything squishy if it would please go 24hrs with NO RAIN!
Prancer

Postby Prancer » July 1st, 2006, 6:13 pm

Today started out so good. Down to 249. I was so excited. I am below 250!!! First time in years. I have gone between 250 and 269 for 2 whole years now!!

We had our yard sale. Went pretty good. We made about $150 which is pretty cool. I was really pleased that I managed to stay on plan even tho I wasnt home all day. I messed up dinner with no green. Mid day everyone went to McD for lunch. I actually went to pick it up for them. I sat there eating my pudding while they all chowed down on BigNTastys and double cheeseburgers!!

I am fuming mad at my In Laws tonight. Being tired and sunburned doesnt help either.

I really hope tomorrow's weigh in goes well. I really need something else to boost me right now.
Prancer

Postby Prancer » July 2nd, 2006, 10:18 am

Today started out pretty decent. I was still at 249, maybe I'll get past it for my official weigh in tomorrow. Still a decent loss for week #2.

I am finding myself very cranky with all the torists that are in town for the forth. I am having to express serious control in not running them down with the car or the cart at the grocery store.

DH called the inlaws to tell them that even tho the queen (that would be my sister in law) decided to surprise everyone and show up for a visit unannounced doesnt me we are going to change all our holiday plans to make the same visit. :x

I think I might have to face a restaurant for the first time tonight. I am nervous.

Oh and did you know wildtrk's muffin tops are shrinking? Have you heard?
Prancer

Postby Prancer » July 4th, 2006, 7:38 am

Third day in a row with no scale movement. Not too sure why. I only had 4 of my 5 MF yesterday. I am trying very hard to stay on track with this crazy weekend. I think I am not getting enough protein with my L&G meal. I had a chicken burger last night for dinner but wanted some cheese on it too so I made it smaller. I think I am jipping myself somehow and at the same time taking in extra sodium with the cheese.

I dont know if I can handle a plateau this early. My confidence is going to be zapped. I go to the dr on friday and wanted to have much bigger numbers to show her.

I see all the great successes here so I know this plan works. I need to keep my faith in it going.
Prancer

Postby Janae » July 4th, 2006, 8:04 am

Jenn-
Just wanted to chime in to say that I enjoy reading your posts and have watched you since you started....

The way the scale moves in the beginning is so motivating...but don't let it get to you when it stops the constant downward movement...I see you have recently replaced the scale battery....weighed "nakey" and .....

...it is very easy to becoome obsessed by the numbers and it begins to determine your mood every day...if you let it.

Just stay totally on plan and try to skip it (the scale) for a few days....Many peopele find that when the scale doesn't move so much...the tape measure does. Have you got starting measurements?

I read someone who posted recently and said "the scale and what it says are just information". Just as impportant is all the other information...like how much better you feel and how your clothes are fitting better and___________ ...You fill in the blanks for you.

I didn't want to sound preachy...I just wanted to encourage you...that big red scale (in your sig) will move.... One time after a week with only a 1.6 pound loss...I lost so much the next week...I had to check my scale, too! But it was right. So...it will happen.

Meanwhile....happy holiday and keep writing in :D .
Janae

Postby Prancer » July 4th, 2006, 8:50 am

Thank you so much Janae. You are all so encouraging. It is such a nice feeling to come here and have someone like you post in my journal.

I havent done measurements at all. I should do it. I keep forgeting that and to take a before picture.

I just was talking to my husband and we were looking at my medifast charts. He pointed out that the days after my calories were really low I was staying the same or gained once. The days when my calories were over 800 I lost. On Mymedifast.com you can log in all your food and add up your calories for the day. I have had days in the last week when my calories are below 700. I think I will make a bit of a change and see what happens.
Prancer

Postby Unca_Tim » July 4th, 2006, 11:29 am

Hi Jenn,
Sorry for your struggle right now, but you will get through it.

Less is not more on this program, and my "guess" would be that getting in ALL your MR's and your lean/green should get you back on track. You may even try an extra MR for a couple days and see what happens.

Best of luck to you,
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Prancer » July 4th, 2006, 4:45 pm

Thanks Unca. I am tracking my calories and I think I need to be a bit more careful on my L&G then I have been. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Prancer

Postby Prancer » July 6th, 2006, 7:35 am

Day # I have no idea I dont even know what week I am in. 3 I think...havent had my 3rd week weigh in..Man I am confused.

Well after a 5 day plateau I finally am down a pound more today. I need to really be more strict with my L&G I think. We went to Applebees last night and I had grilled chicken with asiago cheese. I think it was ok. I had a salad with it and I think the worst was the mexiranch dressing. I didnt even have 2T of it so I'm happy. I got to have one of my favorite things and did it in moderation.

I have twice in the last week managed to smuggle MF into the movies. So as the others eat huge vats of popcorn I am eating a pudding and drinking my contraband water.

Tonight is going to be a trick having to go to the baseball game. I need to do some thinking on this and see what I can figure out for when to have all my meals.

tomorrow is the big dr appt. I was hoping for more of a loss to show her but the 14 pounds is going to have to be ok.
Prancer

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 6th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Good luck at the doc's tomorrow! 14lbs is a great amount to show them!

Did I mention how much I LOVE your ticker?

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Prancer » July 7th, 2006, 7:48 am

Thanks Dede!

I went in today with one more pound down so I had a 15 pound loss in 19 days. She was very accepting of the program. She took enough blood and pee from me today I needed to come home and weigh myself again in hopes to be down another pound or something. J/K but I bet our friendly neighborhood turkey will get a kick out of that.

So I got the ok to keep going and she said to keep track of the BP (114/80 today tho I think the nurse used the wrong cuff cause she squeezed the heck outta my arm) and we would start talking about stopping one med or lowering the dose of the other.

So far in my 19 days of MF knowledge I have learned that I can stay on plan and sneak pudding into a movie. I can stay on plan while going to baseball games. I can stay on plan even when getting the kids food at McD way too often for their future health. I can stay on plan thru a holiday weekend. I can stay on plan thru a 6 cake order weekend.

Today's challenge: Make a cake for 150 people and not lick the spoon or bowl once!!
Prancer

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal