JennP

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Prancer » July 8th, 2006, 10:59 am

I almost done with my third week. Where has this time gone?? I seriously checked the calendar because I thought it was just two weeks gone by. Monday will start week 4, unreal.

I got my second order today and already tried the ranch soy crisps. I got the box just in time to have lunch today so I had fruit punch and soy crisps. What a nice change.

Down one more today, I was hoping for two but alas the scale went back up.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SharonR » July 8th, 2006, 7:25 pm

You are doing an amazing job, 19 pounds in three weeks!

The soy chips are the bomb!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » July 9th, 2006, 7:30 am

LOL Sharon I am addicted already! I actually had two bags yesterday due to some pretty poor mf planning. I was starving when I got out of the pool, I almost passed out in the water. I grabbed a bag of those instead of doing what I would normally do and inhale the entire refridgerator.

OK so almost the end of Week 3 and down 18 pounds. That would be 21 days 19 pounds. Not so bad. Tom has been so helpful and supportive of this program and my journey. He always has been and when I was on WW he even went to meetings with me so I didnt feel so scared. He is down to 188 himself so that would be 27 pounds since Easter. I'm glad he is feeling better about himself now too. He seems to function so much better when he feels healthier. I hope to join him soon.

I have been obsessed with thinking what it would take for me to cheat on my diet. I cant seem to come up with anything worthy enough to derail my success. Last night we were at a friends house and out came 6 (yes I said 6) bags of chips/cheese curls/pretzles etc. We were playing a game and there was a munchie attack. It was hard not to cave but those two pounds this morning were proof enough that sticking to it works. I just drank my bottle of water and was good.

NSV thus far:
Weigh less then my father in law (bizarre I know but still) Met that one the first week at 253.
No longer extremely obese...just obese WOO HOO
Get below 250

Next goals:

Survive our camping trip this weekend on plan (I bought RTD to help)
Get thru the first 4 weeks...3 down one to go!!
Last edited by Prancer on July 9th, 2006, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prancer

Postby Serendipity » July 9th, 2006, 8:43 am

JennP wrote: Tom has been so helpful and supportive of this program and my journey. He always has been and when I was on WW he even went to meetings with me so I didnt feel so scared. He is down to 188 himself so that would be 27 pounds since Easter. I'm glad he is feeling better about himself now too. He seems to function so much better when he feels healthier. I hope to join him soon.

I sure hope that "TOM" is your hubby or at least a SO, and not what "TOM" means to most of us, hehehe. That would just be wierd!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Prancer » July 9th, 2006, 10:16 am

Serendipity wrote:
I sure hope that "TOM" is your hubby or at least a SO, and not what "TOM" means to most of us, hehehe. That would just be wierd!

:oops: :oops: yes Dh's name is Tom...Thomas...LOL

I think I should go add TOM and AF to the acronym list.
Prancer

Postby Prancer » July 10th, 2006, 6:10 am

On to week 4!

Still at 244. I think I should just change my weigh in to Sunday. Its always the same.

I really am starting to worry about camping this week and trying to stay on plan while there. I bought RTD but didnt care much for the taste. Maybe if they were colder I will like them. We are camping with another family and as we plan this the food seems to be the center of it all and the list keeps getting worse and worse. Even dinners which is when I have my L&G. They want to do spaghetti the first night which means I have to have something different. Steak the second so again I am different as I dont eat red meat and the third is chicken which is fine. I also asked about veggies and they said they hadnt planned on doing veggies at all. OH BOY. I really have some pre planning to do!!
Prancer

Postby Karli » July 10th, 2006, 6:35 am

Hi Jenn, just wanted to chime on in. It would probably be good to have some backup plans for sure, so as to not let your health and well-being be dictated and controlled by others. I have not had any RTD's, but my HA loves them very cold, so you may indeed like to try that.

Best wishes to you and keep up the good work !!

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SharonR » July 10th, 2006, 7:35 am

Hey Jenn, I have an idea for you. Hubby and I brown ground beef and use stewed tomatoes to make a spagetti like sauce. Spice it up and sprinkle a little parmasan. You won't even miss the pasta and that way you don't feel like you are eating something completely differently than the others.

That's just my 2 cents...
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby SharonR » July 10th, 2006, 7:38 am

oppss...didn't see the part about you not eating red meat! lol

Take some cooked chicken, do the same thing with it, add bell pepper. Makes it taste like Chicken Catcatorie ( never knew how to spell that )

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » July 10th, 2006, 9:11 am

Thanks Sharon. Are we allowed to have spag sauce? I use ground chicken for most things that call for ground meat. I buy a ton of it when they have it at the grocery store. I wouldnt mind having it with the sauce and cheese, I just didnt know i could have the sauce.
Prancer

Postby SharonR » July 10th, 2006, 4:32 pm

I don't believe you can have Spagetti sauce because it has to many carbs. That's why I said Stewed Tomatoes. I did say stewed right? Tomato is allowed on plan, stewed have no added sugar. I get the Italian kind that have garlic and onion, gives it lots of flavor. Try it, see if you like it!

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » July 11th, 2006, 11:26 am

Thanks Sharon. I do believe I skimmed over the stewed part and just read tomato.

Week 4 day 2. Big dumb scale. I was up a pound today. I have all kinds of theories as to why ranging from the completely irrational to the most likely. Either way it best be fixing itself tomorrow of I know I am going to lose my motivation! I get discouraged so easily.

Ok as for life in general, just talking to myself. Or as some turkeys call it, random thoughts:

I knocked over my fruit punch drink for lunch. I dont konw if I am mad because the furniture is new or glad because it was wicked sweet and I wasnt enjoying it.

After the 2hr long dentist appt today I am glad I am not eating solid foods right now. Dang do my teeth hurt.

I cant wait until I can say I have lost more weight then DH. As of last night he was at 31 lost with no real effort other then exercising again. I find it hard to believe that at 185 his BMI still says overweight. I wish it would include something to do with muscle. If he were all fat and stuff that would be one thing but geesh he is down to nothing.

I am having trouble with the BM situation. I drink 120+oz of water a day and have my Greens. I think I need to go from lettuce to broc. for a day or two.

In true turkey form:
When a 5yr old asks if they can use some chairs the appropriate response is not "yes" it is "why"
Prancer

Postby wildtrk » July 11th, 2006, 11:37 am

JennP wrote:In true turkey form:
When a 5yr old asks if they can use some chairs the appropriate response is not "yes" it is "why"

gobble...gobble
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Prancer » July 12th, 2006, 9:04 am

Still week 4 now day 24.

I didnt lose the pound that I gained so I am still not a happy camper. Just love what a bad mood that metal square on my bedroom floor puts me in. I weighed for the second time after breakfast when I went to get ready for my shower. Still the same. As if taking my meds, eating a bar and drinking a bottle of water would make me weigh less.

I went thru my graphs on mymedifast.com and yesterday was the highest sodium I have had since July4, second highest since I started the program. Hmm..wondering if I am having a water problem.

NSV...my friend Rose told me in an email today that she noticed I am getting smaller around the middle. That surprised me because I have only lost 17 pounds and we see each other every day. Normally people you see daily dont notice things. I think she is trying to keep me going.

I am off to search for some different veggies today. Camping starts tomorrow. I need to preplanning. I bought RTDs to help with the camping situation. I am going to prebake some oatmeal today. I dont know if I can handle more then one RTD a day, they make me ill feeling. Maybe I can premake some puddings too. I guess I can bring soup too. DUH.

Today's turkeyism:
Once your child learns to tell time, stop telling them when things are supposed to be happening. It only leads to being informed at 6am how many more hours until things will happen.
Prancer

Postby Prancer » July 13th, 2006, 5:43 am

Day 25

Things are not making me smile. My scale addiction is derailing me. Up one pound this week and then stalled from there.

I have been 95% compliant since day 1. The other 5% to me is where I had cheese or salad dressing that ended up being high in sodium or fat. I set myself up for a big disappointment when I thought I was going to be losing 5 pounds a week. I know I need to be happy that I have lost some already but if it doesnt keep moving then I know me, I will keep cheating and next thing ya know I am justifying McD for dinner.

We are going camping today. I dont like camping, I am not an outdoors person at all. The campsite is very close to home so I will be coming home to sleep. It will make life easier for me anyway. I dont have to pack up my clothes or my meds. I can eat my first MF here in the morning.

My mood today is horrible. I want to just crawl under a rock and stay there. Very typical Jenn mood, depressed and whiney. I feel sorry for anyone having to come in contact with me today.
Prancer

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal