Jen

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Jen » August 31st, 2006, 7:59 am

Well, things are going very, very well. After some thinking, I decided to lower my goal weight from 150 to 140. As much as I didn't want to move the carrot out another 10 pounds ahead of me, I believe 140 would be my goal eventually so why not now. My ticker has been altered to reflect the change.

We started back at the gym full time (5 days a week). I am happy to report that my weight loss has not stalled. I usually eat an extra supplement on days we go and drink even more water. This week, I have been doing 60 minutes of cardio, split between the elliptical, stationary bike, and treadmill. I keep my intensity lower so I maintain the fat burning state. A couple times a week, I do less cardio and add light strength training. I already have defined calf muscles and my biceps have a little shape! Whoo hooo!

One huge difference I have noticed is my heart rate (according to the machines) has been much much lower. I remember a few years ago, I would step on the elliptical and my starting heart rate before exercise would be 120-130, now when I first get on, it is 90-95. I realize the machines are not accurate, but it is obviously consistently lower which makes me happier (and healthier). Also, my endurance is really great now.

I still haven't gone shopping for smaller clothes, I am just making some of my looser stuff work. I found an old pair of jeans and made cut-offs so I didn't have to buy a new pair of shorts this summer, but they are already getting too loose to wear. I have smaller jeans and some smaller tops and sweaters so I will try not to buy new clothes this winter. By next spring/summer I should be smaller than ever, so I will treat myself then.

I have been rewarding myself with a few DVD purchases. I just got season 3 of Arrested Development and I will surely get season 2 of The Office in a few weeks.

I posted before that road trips/vacations were difficult because my usual routine was to eat eat eat. Well, things are great now, I am having no problems adjusting to weekend trips on MF. I guess I just had to retrain my habits a little. Everett and I travel to a lot of car shows (our business deals with vintage VWs and we go to about 15 events a year). Car show food is like carnival food. Bratwurst, burritos, donuts, snow cones, etc. I am thrilled to report no cravings and no issues with enjoying my MF.

My tastes are changing a little. Fruit & Nut bar has replaced Lemon Fantasy as my current favorite, I am rocking the hot cocoa at least twice a day, and the chili is surprisingly satisfying to me.

I have plans to visit my parents at the end of October. I should be about 50 pounds less than when they last saw me, so I am excited to show off a little. Recently, I have been fantasizing about family reactions when they see me. Usually, I am not such an attention whore, but I am looking forward to some hearty congratulations.

When I hit 50 pounds lost I will post some progress photos in the Studio, I have already located some horrifying "before" photos that should make a nice contrast. :lol:

Well, enough for now. Work the program and it works for you!
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » August 31st, 2006, 8:34 am

Great report Jen,
It's so nice to see this kind of progress. The disappearing lbs are nice, but those NSV's are what really make it worth while.

Bet those VeeDub's are getting bigger too, huh?
:veedub:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Jen » September 3rd, 2006, 8:19 am

40.5 pounds in 10 weeks. Nothing has ever been this quick or this easy, and it keeps getting easier! While for the first month I was obsessed with MF, scheduling meals, reading these forums obsessively, things have settled down to a comfortable routine now. I think my body got the message. It is working with me not against me and the pounds are coming off.

If anyone reading this is trying to decide whether to give Medifast a try, please believe me that it will work if you just follow the program. It is a great feeling to know that your goal weight IS possible and maintaining it IS possible.
Jen

Postby Jen » September 11th, 2006, 10:45 pm

We bought a new scale yesterday. The digital read-out on the old one went all wonky so it was hard to read. I'm fairly certain the old one was still accurate though so I don't need to make any adjustments in my weight.

Things are going well with MF and the gym. My weight loss was really small last week (.5 pounds) but I have been kicking butt at the gym and I am starting to see some muscle tone under the fat. I am stoked about that.

I decided to start weighing myself every morning for the next month, mainly out of scientific curiosity. I have noticed that I seem to lose big one week then not so much the next, but averaged over 2 weeks, my loss is consistent. I am curious to see the up and down every day so I am going to make a little graph and see if I can figure out my particular pattern. I remember reading DeDe's journal and she said her body was on more of a 10 day cycle of weight loss, so we will see what is up with me.

We have some weekend trips planned in the next month (Solvang, Las Vegas, Huntington Beach), and a longer trip to see my folks in November. I am looking forward to their reaction to my weight loss, since I should be at least 50 pounds less than when they last saw me. I was optimistic about reaching my goal weight by January, but it looks like it may be a few months more. Still, relatively quick results and Spring is just around the corner!

Tomorrow season 2 of The Office comes out on DVD!! I am so excited it is pathetic, but I love that show.
Jen

Postby Jen » October 8th, 2006, 7:58 am

After dipping my toe in a few times this past week, I officially made the 50# club today. Less than 12 more pounds to my half-way weight and Onederland!
Jen

Postby THINKnTHIN » October 8th, 2006, 8:21 am

WAY TO GO!!!!! WOW! What an accomplishment! You must be floating on air today! You should be so proud of yourself! I know you said you didn't want to buy any new clothes......but come on! 50LBS deserves a new outfit! HAVE A GREAT DAY!
THINKnTHIN
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Jen » October 9th, 2006, 7:55 am

I had to give in and buy a new pair of shorts a few weeks ago since every pair I own was falling off. Other than that, I am trying to hold out until Spring since I have enough winter clothes.

I am thrilled that my "skinny jeans" (size 16) fit now. When I started Medifast I was squeezing into my size 22s.

I need to get some progress pics into the Studio now that I am down 50 lbs.
Jen

Postby kmr » October 9th, 2006, 9:20 am

Congrats Jen! That's awesome! :bravo:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Jen » October 12th, 2006, 12:37 pm

In honor of today being my birthday (36!) I finally started a Studio thread and put some before pictures up. Truly frightening and liberating at the same time. We are going out to dinner tonight so I will get a picture to post as my "50 pounds lost" photo.

Everett got me some books, some fabulous stuff from Origins, and the bigger Foreman Grill I wanted.

Tonight he is taking me to Mimi's for grilled salmon and veggies.
Jen

Postby Elke » October 12th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Hey Jen, nice to catch up with whats going on in your mf world. I have some 16 that I no longer wear , we need to get together and I will give them to you.
You are doing realy good on the program and you should be proud, I can't wait to see the progress, we really need and L&G!!!
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Sojourner » October 12th, 2006, 7:42 pm

Happy Birthday, Jen!!!!!

:birthday:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Jen » October 12th, 2006, 8:35 pm

I put my updated picture in my Studio thread. Either there is some bizarre fish-eye lense on that digital camera, or my boobs are still ginormous!

dreaming of a C-cup,
Jen
Jen

Postby Jen » October 20th, 2006, 10:42 am

I had a funny conversation with my mom this week.

We were talking about my progress on Medifast and I mentioned that I was almost half way to my goal. My mom knows I have lost over 50 pounds and the convo proceeded....

Mom: Not even half way?! But you've already lost 50!
Me: Yes, but I have about 70 more pounds to my goal weight.
Mom: What is your goal weight?
Me: About 140, that may change depending on how much muscle I have...
Mom: stunned silence... 140 is skinny.
Me: Actually, 140 is smack in the middle of a healthy BMI range for my height, plus I talked to Emily (my sister) and she said she feels really good at about 135 (She is the same height).
Mom: Well, Emily has a different build than you.

OK, now I feel slightly annoyed.

Me: The only difference between our "builds" is that Emily is a healthy weight and I am fat.
Then I laughed, and my mom blustered on a bit about me being big boned. Whatever.

I felt really proud that I didn't allow her to make excuses for my being overweight or let her make me feel like I couldn't achieve my goals. I take responsibility for my weight now and only I can do something to improve it!

Then I called Emily and we had a good laugh.
Jen

Postby Jen » November 3rd, 2006, 8:54 pm

I am soooo close to 60 pounds gone I can taste it!

The next couple Sundays should be exciting. It is very possible that I will make the 60# club (202), hit my halfway point (201), AND make onederland (199) by November 12th. A nice little trifeca of accomplishment. :lol:

My size 16 "skinny jeans" that I was so excited about fitting into are getting loose and my hip bones and clavicles are starting to make an appearance.

Things are very, very good.
Jen

Hi

Postby dede4wd » November 24th, 2006, 12:02 am

Hi Jen,
Just catching up with you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext