jayzoe

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby queenielou » March 12th, 2008, 6:29 pm

Hey there,

Hope today was easier than yesterday with the cravings. I laughed when I read the m&m's and potty training comment. My cousin is also potty training her son and the other morning she asked him if he was going to be a good boy and use the pot. He looked at her and asked if she was going to give him some candy. :)
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby jayzoe » March 13th, 2008, 11:26 am

Yeh, I'm thinking I need to change the "reward" for potty training anyway, not only for my cravings but also because I don't want him to have trouble with food later too... and I'm undoubtedly causing a bad habit by training him that food is a reward, ya know? *sighhhhh*

I'm having serious motivation issues right now, I don't know what it is about this halfway weight, you'd think that it would motivate me MORE but I just sit here and get all grouchy about being compliant... what's THAT aobut???? :x
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Joy » March 13th, 2008, 11:38 am

jayzoe wrote:I'm having serious motivation issues right now, I don't know what it is about this halfway weight, you'd think that it would motivate me MORE but I just sit here and get all grouchy about being compliant... what's THAT aobut???? :x

I am sure you can do it! :bouncie: :bouncie: :bouncie: :bouncie:

warm regards,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby queenielou » March 13th, 2008, 1:06 pm

I'm not sure what it's about since I've had compliance troubles after onederland. Maybe you can read Unca's post in Tawanda's journal about making your goal less about the number on the scale and more about being healthy. That way, there isn't an endpoint but more of a journey. I thought it was helpful although I haven't incorporated it into my life yet. I hope to soon!
queenielou

Postby jayzoe » March 22nd, 2008, 1:27 pm

allrighty, I managed to get some motivation from SOMEWHERE and have been compliant this week... and I broke the 167 barrier, yay! I'm down quite a few pounds now with all my water and stuff and plan to stick to my guns now... I just had to "dig deep" (something a lovely lady I used to know said often, she was a great motivator!) and remind myself how far I've come and that it won't take much to get to my goal now!

I'm sticking with it this time for sure :mrgreen:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe

Postby queenielou » March 22nd, 2008, 4:36 pm

Yeah! Way to go for digging deep and being compliant :) Your attitude is inspiring - you will get there!
queenielou

Postby Mike » March 22nd, 2008, 5:46 pm

Way to go girl. Keep it up and you will be at goal before you know it.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jayzoe » March 26th, 2008, 10:36 am

Coupla nice NSVs this week, my hairdresser noticed that I'm losing weight (always a good thing!). Also I'm fitting into a fabulous pair of white jeans that I've kept around forEVER hoping to someday get into them *grin*

Lost a total of 15 inches all over my body since starting this, and I'm almost at the 30 pounds lost mark, so yay!

I'm out of town this weekend and I'm already planning my food for when I'm in the hotel... :mrgreen:
jayzoe

Postby Maisy » March 26th, 2008, 10:45 am

Now this I can help with...the whole PT thing. Stcickers are a God send. I like to use something like an old chair child size, or a large piece of poster board and each trip to the pot gets potty stickers, and no matter how busy mom is she will go with you to help chose where on the masterpiece the stickers shall be put. Mom goes cause if not the bedroom walls and the cat, dog, carpet become the masterpiece. I am now trying to de candy my kids...we now only allow candy 1 x per week.
Maisy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby jayzoe » March 26th, 2008, 1:37 pm

Maisy wrote:Now this I can help with...the whole PT thing. Stcickers are a God send. I like to use something like an old chair child size, or a large piece of poster board and each trip to the pot gets potty stickers, and no matter how busy mom is she will go with you to help chose where on the masterpiece the stickers shall be put. Mom goes cause if not the bedroom walls and the cat, dog, carpet become the masterpiece. I am now trying to de candy my kids...we now only allow candy 1 x per week.

I tried that for awhile, didn't seem to work with my boy... but that's been QUITE awhile ago, I think I may go back to the stickers now...
jayzoe

Postby Maisy » March 26th, 2008, 2:17 pm

AHHHH My bad, boys are bribes.. You can try to give coupons to trade in for hot wheels, or little toys. A fish bowl of toys bought from an educational supply store, you know, rings, tops, stuff like that. Or ask him what he wants for a prize...

We did the marble reward thing, the kids were 3,5 and 7, they actually respoded to the marbles and being able to spend them. Each child has his trigger, you will find it. That being said, WHEW I am glad to be done with it!
Maisy

Postby jayzoe » March 27th, 2008, 8:15 pm

ooooooooo what a fab idea, coupons! or marbles, or MONEY even, this kid has a thing about putting money in piggy banks, he'd take pennies even, so that's maybe the way to go *ponders*

so a grouchy thing and then a funny thing: GROUCHY is when you've been killing yourself being super compliant and working out and drinking MEGA water and the scale goes up by half a pound :x it's not a monthly issue or anything, it must be the exercise and I just have to accept it but I don't have to be happy about it!

FUNNY is when you put your meals in a certain place in the cupboard and you go to make some tomato soup and notice that it looks a little odd in the magic bullet :?: the color is completely off, so you finish mixing it and then take it out and sniff it a little and discover you've just made hot chocolate instead cuz someone moved your boxes around :mrgreen: cracked me up *giggle*
jayzoe

Postby Maisy » March 28th, 2008, 1:31 am

HEYYYY, 164 SWEET! By the way, fear not, soon you will be at goal and potty training will be over!
Maisy

Postby jayzoe » April 7th, 2008, 7:11 am

thirty pounds gone now! yippy... this month has been a slippery slide for me, I'm trying to dig in with my fingernails and stick to the plan with all I'm worth! :lol: I'm learning that just cuz I take a bite of something offplan that I still can stay on plan the rest of the day, not to just throw away the plan altogether... realistically I will eat some things that are bad for me thru out my lifetime, the goal is to eat them sparingly and not binge like I usually do! so I'm continually adjusting my food attitude...

now I'm trying to take it one pound at a time and get into the 150s, yay!

hubby keeps mentioning how "skinny" I'm getting, which is very niiice :mrgreen: not that he's ever been nasty about my weight, he's super supportive, and I'm extremely lucky to have him! :heart:

anywho, enough with the mush, I'm off to mix up a shake for lunch!
jayzoe

Postby lifelovinaries » April 7th, 2008, 2:19 pm

CONGRATS on your new club jay! :cheers:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal