jayzoe

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby vcille » June 1st, 2008, 7:00 pm

Good for you for staying on track even though you don't want to!! So many times we live for the instant gratification instead of remembering the long term goal!! Hang in there- and yes God knows all and He has you in the palm of His hand!
vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby Diana » June 1st, 2008, 7:11 pm

Yay, Jayzoe!!!

I agree that there are BIG correlations between alcoholism and food or any other kind of addiction. The only difference, really, is the manifestation. And, of course, it's perfectly ok to show up at work smelling like glazed donut, and said substance isn't usually linked to "altered states."

Mike and I will continue to pray for your family.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby DogMa » June 2nd, 2008, 7:55 am

But you can't give up food entirely. You can live your whole life without alcohol (you could live your whole life without food, too, but it'd be a very short life!).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » June 2nd, 2008, 9:15 pm

Oh, yeah, then there's that! lol Good point, Robin. Dayna (my sister) once had an epiphany while doing Atkins that binging on string cheese was still binging.
Diana

Postby jayzoe » June 3rd, 2008, 1:55 pm

Ah yes, binging... that was pretty much my eating habits before now, I literally could NOT just eat a bite or just one chip or just one bowl of ice cream. I know that everyone says "don't deny yourself" but I really don't know if I can NOT deny myself some of that stuff... the only way I can possibly eat it safely is if I eat is somewhere other than home, like go to an ice cream store and eat it there or whatever...

I hate addiction :|
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » June 3rd, 2008, 4:00 pm

I still battle some binging problems on occasion. Some folks who've been here awhile might remember the big banana binge of several months ago, when I couldn't get enough of the darn things. Ate five bananas in one day. Then there was my peanut-butter-on-toast obsession that lasted a couple of weeks. Sigh.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby jayzoe » June 5th, 2008, 6:44 am

grrrrrrr I also hate scale addiction, the scale hasn't moved in a few days and I'm getting all grouchy about it, even tho I KNOW that I've lost quite a bit in the past week with all the water/salt weight, etc... and it's a touchy time of month, blah blah blah...

I'm just an instant gratification kinda girl :mrgreen: so this whole waiting thing has me grumpy, it hasn't moved since Sunday (big deal, I know) ... move scale, move! :lol:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe

Postby Diana » June 5th, 2008, 5:08 pm

LOL, Jayzoe!!! About a year and a half ago, I actually wrote a plateau song -- I know yours isn't a plateau, just building steam for a grand movement at some point perhaps, but I can so totally relate!! I wrote the song so I would be prepared for when it happened. (Never has, by the way -- all my plateaus are self-inflicted.) I can't remember the song now, nor even the tune I used. . . .I'll have to dig it out. . .

Hang in there. The journey's not easy, but it is simple. In the meantime, may I suggest a little James Taylor? :whistle: "No one can tell me that I'm doing wrong today. . ."
Diana

Postby jayzoe » June 6th, 2008, 6:24 am

It moved! See, all you have to do is yell at your scale and scare it a little :-P Like I said, I have family coming in four weeks, I realllllllly want to greet them at the door from the 140s!!!! we'll see! :mrgreen:
jayzoe

Postby jayzoe » June 12th, 2008, 1:48 pm

Bit of a hiccup this weekend (that's my new terminology for anything off plan cuz hiccups are a natural thing that happen occasionally but they always GO AWAY! ;) ) but have been on track ever since.

Just got done with a great workout video where we did that thing where you're on your back with your knees up and you lift up your bottom? pelvic tilts maybe? anywho, it was awesome, I could actually feel each and every muscle through out my abs and backside! yippy!

no scale movement and I'm okay with that right now, it'll come!
jayzoe

Postby centuryclub » June 12th, 2008, 2:14 pm

hey, thanks so much for your cooking tips. i think theyll definately be useful

good luck with losing and thanks so much!
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRxkE4s/]
[/url]

"It's only work if somebody makes you do it." - Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Always run off the field - you never know who's watching.
centuryclub
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby jayzoe » June 17th, 2008, 8:23 pm

must pat myself on the back tonight, we were singing the national anthem at a baseball game tonight... I came prepared, knowing how insanely good all that food would smell! :shock: I ate a nice sized lean and green before I left and drank bunches of water, then after we sang, I got a diet dr. pepper and just walked around looking at all the food... funnel cakes! popcorn! peanuts! pizza! ice cream! various other junk food!

and I did NOT buy any of it!!!!! yay me! :lol:

still workin insanely hard on getting down to the 140s before the Fourth of July... one pound till forty pounds lost! five pounds until I'm no longer considered "overweight" by BMI!!! fourteen pounds until goal!!!!!!!!
jayzoe

Postby Mike » June 17th, 2008, 11:06 pm

You are just sailing along. Keep up the great work.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » June 18th, 2008, 7:43 am

Good job at the game!! I know it's tough, but being prepared like that is SO helpful.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Sojourner » June 18th, 2008, 7:29 pm

Way to rock it, Jayzoe!! :yeah:

:whoohoo: :bravo: :whoohoo:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!