jayzoe

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mike » April 9th, 2008, 4:06 pm

Congrats on the 30# club girl. Glad things are going well for ya. Hope all the rest just melts away as the temperature goes up.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jayzoe » April 10th, 2008, 9:22 am

so I really think my body just loves this weight, I can remember being at or around this weight for several years thru out high school and college, so I wonder if it's just sorta stuck right now? no worries, I plan on doing a "just shake" coupla days (along with my L&G of course) to power thru this stall and then I'll be fine....

here's some happy things going on, I had to buy new shorts today that are a beautiful size EIGHT, yippy! I was trying on size tens but they were all too big! :kool: ventured into the swimming suit dept but didn't have enough time to try them on... my sister is coming to see me in five weeks and we're going to the beach, so I definitely need a new suit!

I have found since losing the weight that lots of things have changed, my insomnia has almost disappeared, I used to have terrible sleep onset insomnia where it would take several hours to fall asleep no matter how tired I was... I'm thinking it was due to all the junk floating around in my system and also that I was usually just overfull. Now I just drift off so easily! :D

my carpal tunnels is also almost nonexistent, thank goodness which also helps my sleep!

PMS is a lot less than it used to be, probably because of the food choices I would make that would aggravate PMS, now I stick to plan and move on!

lots more energy of course, and I can lean over while sitting down and play with my kids like never before! :mrgreen:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby jayzoe » April 11th, 2008, 6:55 am

I forgot one, I have become one of those crazy people who is always COLD now!! I used to be super hot anywhere I went, I would wear shorts in the winter cuz I knew I'd be hot all the time... now I'm wearing jeans in the warmer weather cuz I know I'll be cold! spose I'll save major money on A/C this summer ;)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe

Postby jayzoe » April 18th, 2008, 6:52 am

WOW I'm lower now than I've been since before I got married!!! what an incredible feeling...

some thoughts on cravings: I've been trying to figure out WHY I crave things and see if there's anything I can substitute for it... we used to eat a LOT Of microwave popcorn in the evenings, and that one was easy, I just either eat a pickle spear or a few tomatoes with salt cuz it's the SALT that makes me want that...

the problem comes in with certain dessert items... usually when I crave something specific like bread pudding in caramel sauce *droooooool* it's a fabulous recipe I got from a friend of mine that's full of really bad stuff for me like lots of butter, bread, sugar, heavy cream, etc... and that's a very specific taste, and it's the TASTE that I love, that's why I can't stop eating something, I love how it tastes in my mouth and I just cannot STOP!!! it's the same thing with other baked goods, it's the TASTE of them, the fluffy texture, etc... I can get a certain amount of craving substitution by making the "shake cakes" I've found a recipe for and that works for at least making the craving manageable, but I still miss these...

course there's a big difference in missing a food and having an undeniable urge to eat it I guess ;)

some thoughts on addictive behavior: for awhile, I was turning my addiction to food into an addiction for SHOPPING, I was spending waaaaaaaaaaay too much money on various things that I really don't need... not good to substitute one addiction for another, so I'm working my way out of that mess with the help of our financial advisor... nothing terribly serious, just me taking responsibility for my actions and trying to figure myself out! :lol:

otherwise lately I've been waking up feeling like I can take on the world!!!!!! very very very happy........... :yes:
jayzoe

Postby Mike » April 19th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Sounds like you are a very happy camper. I understand (believe it or not.. I do), the shopping thing. When I first dropped alot of weight I went shopping crazy. My closet still has way too many shirts than I can wear. ;)

Ever tried the white cheddar soy crisps when you get the popcorn urge... I take mine to the movie theater with me. It works.
On the bread pudding, you might try the oatmeal muffin recipe and then perhaps just a little SF maple syrup and you might get something with a sweet taste that has a bread puddingish consistency.

Hope all remains well.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Diana » April 30th, 2008, 9:55 pm

((hug))) >smooch< (((hug)))
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby jayzoe » May 2nd, 2008, 10:53 am

grouchyGROUCHYgrouchyGROUCHYgrouchy :x

here starteth my rant:

I'm tired of working so hard, eating exactly on plan, exercising like I'm supposed to be, drinking 100 ounces of water a day..... and GAINING a pound this week!!!!!!! yeh, I bet it's partially PMS and partially maybe some muscle gain, but I'm still tired ofit... I'm tired of being a slave to the scale, why was I born with a food addiction? I'm tired of not being able to eat whatever I want whenever I want it, like my best friend in college who could literally eat a ton of food a day and never gain weight...

I'm tired of fighting the food compulsions that happen to me ALL THE TIME, to have a food addiction around other people who eat is just horrible... it's like telling a smoker they can smoke but only a piece of paper rolled up, or telling a die hard alcoholic that they can drink but only if it's that "near beer" crap that has no alcohol in it... it's like taking a drug addict into a meth house and expecting them to just deal with it... food addiction is completely different from other addictions cuz we can't just quit cold turkey and stay away from the source of our addiction, we HAVE TO EAT... yeh, I know we don't have to eat the junk and we don't have to eat so much, but it's still incredibly frustrating not to be able to just quit...

/end rant

hey, i actually feel quite a bit better having that off my chest! :mrgreen: I'm off to drink a gallon of water and do my exercise... *sighhhhhhhh*

I'll be fine I promise, I just needed to vent :lol:
jayzoe

Postby DogMa » May 2nd, 2008, 11:17 am

Awww, I hear ya. It's totally unfair, and I've been feeling that way more lately, too. I HATE that I have to be so careful to avoid gaining, and that I'll have to be this way for the rest of my life. It stinks.

But it's also the hand we've been dealt, and our only choices are to watch everything we eat and exercise ... or be fat and unhealthy.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby cydj21 » May 2nd, 2008, 11:44 am

I hate it too...and with so long left to go in my own weight loss journey sometimes I find myself very overwhelmed and just so frustrated with the whole reality of the situation. Try to take comfort in the fact that you've found MF and are experiencing success...so many people waste their entire lives never able to get a grasp on their issues. Confronting them, admitting them, venting about them and ultimately getting past them is what makes you strong enough to conquer this. :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Tawanda » May 2nd, 2008, 1:04 pm

Add my voice to the rant, too. Last night I jumped into the land of carbs (willingly) and this morning I decided to extend my visit awhile longer. I wish I knew 'why' I make it so hard to make the 'right and wise' choices.......but I do and then I pay for my foolishness. Good for you for chosing to stick to program and not to give into the inner brat who wants to pretend that we can eat whatever/however much we want without any ramifications (weight gain and discomfort).
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby jayzoe » May 2nd, 2008, 1:57 pm

yay, I'm so glad y'all understand! :D I know it's just part of my life now, but that doesn't mean I have to like it :lol: I thought a bit about it after I ranted and decided I'm relying on my scale too much so I took some more measurements .. I've lost 6 and 1/2 inches since the end of March!!! so it's not all about the scale... I just get so focused sometimes I spose *shrug* it doesn't help when the stupid magazines at the supermarket talk about "lose ten pounds this weeK" or whatever the idiotic headlines are...

I don't READ those magazines, but it's kinda hard not to see them when you're standing in line :mrgreen:

I've actually averaged about two pounds lost a week since January (AVERAGING obviously! ;) ) which is reallllllllly good, I just may have to revise my opinion a bit on that... a pound a week should be plenty for me since I'm getting close! IrefusetogiveupdammitI'malmostthere! :lol:
jayzoe

Postby DogMa » May 2nd, 2008, 2:02 pm

You WILL get there. But the struggle won't be over, unfortunately. It stinks, but some of us are just NEVER going to be able to slack off and eat anything we want.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » May 3rd, 2008, 8:53 am

Ditto Robin. You will! If anyone knows what it's like to do the long haul and GET THERE, it's Robin.

And I hear you on the addiction thing! Every time I leave the house it's like running the gauntlet (sp?). That's when I like to get out a "before" picture and just remind myself that I didn't like being there and I'm not going back. Not that it reduces the presence of the trigger or temptation, but it does reduce it's power.

You ARE getting close! Have you measured lately? I've noticed more changes in my inches lately than in my weight. Remember, when you exercise, you're building muscle which is more dense than fat, so a smaller volume will actually weigh the same or even more. And a bonus: that muscle you're building burns more calories even when it's resting!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Postby Mike » May 7th, 2008, 9:27 am

Just wanted to stop byu and say hey. Keep up the great work.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby jayzoe » May 12th, 2008, 3:10 pm

so yeh, I haven't been around, mostly becuz I've been off plan :oops: not like COMPLETELY off plan, but I don't really think that eating three Medifast meals and then pigging out the rest of the day counts :lol:

I'm discovering more and more that I just literally can NOT handle being around carbs made of refined sugar, I go nuts... I can't stop eating them, it's like a psychotic thing, I don't even TASTE it most of the time, I just shovel it in... it's crazy! so I've decided that if I really want refined sugar, I have to get it in teeny amounts, like going to an ice cream store, buying a cone and that's IT, I can't take any extra home, I can't tell myself "oh you'll just eat part of it every day" cuz I DON'T, I can literally eat a whole carton of ice cream in one sitting... and then not sleep all night cuz my stomach hurts :roll:

so I'm learning! and back on plan, hopefully till the end of my journey... I'm also lightening up on my "two pounds per week" goal, I think it's distracting me from my real purpose of getting healthy... it's too much pressure, I just freak out and don't do myself any good... so I'm taking the goal time off my ticker and just dealing with things as they come! :mrgreen:
jayzoe

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal