jayzoe

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DogMa » May 12th, 2008, 3:17 pm

Glad you're back! And I hear ya. I've gotten to where there are certain sugary things I can manage, but some things I just refuse to have in my house (ice cream, I'm talking to you!!).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby jayzoe » May 27th, 2008, 10:42 am

so I went on vacation with my sister and family and was on a "planned" off plan, if that makes sense! I knew I would be going, I knew I would be off plan so I tried to make it a "maintenance preview".... and it really didn't work :cry: I am now kinda scared to go into transition and maintenance, cuz wow did I eat badly!!!

I"m hoping it was a one off, and once I actually hit my goal weight and go thru transition that I won't just go crazy like I did last week... *shrug* back on plan today and I want to be completely compliant until I hit goal!!!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby vcille » May 27th, 2008, 10:47 am

How easy it is to go badly on vacation.... but now you know that didn't work for you and can begin formulating plans for when you do transition!

Good for you for going back on track today!!!
vcille
vcille

Postby Diana » May 27th, 2008, 2:17 pm

Jayzoe, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! And according to Nancy, it's a common fear.

It's a mindset. The way you go into transition and maintenance is completely different from how we view "vacation allowances." And eventually, even those morph into better choices.

Lauren has stated it several times -- this is a life-long program, not a diet phase. The MF meal replacements are simply tools to make the choices easier right now. A lot of successful maintainers continue to use them for that very reason. But it's so much more than that.

Dr. Andersen has developed this program based on his BeSlim philosophy which was the result of researching the common key elements of folks who've lost a substantial amount of weight (at least 50 lbs) and kept it off for at least 5 years (I originally said 2, but that's incorrect). There's an assessment to evaluate if you've got all the pieces in place. (Send Mike a PM and he can tell you more.) In those times when you're unsure during transition and maintenance, go back and take the assessment. It makes it clear what things you've got in place, what areas you need to pay more attention to, and helps you decide if what you're doing is going to keep you on track.

By the way, you and I are in the same boat, vacation-wise. I just came back from a badly managed Memorial Day weekend. It still happens. :roll: The difference, though, is we, you and I, get right back on and move forward (even though some of that forward movent is through pounds we've already lost before). So, come on, Medibud! Let's hit this trail together! We can't change the past, but we have total control over right now!

(forgive the long post :oops: )
Last edited by Diana on May 28th, 2008, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby jayzoe » May 28th, 2008, 6:01 am

thanks for all the happy thoughts! I appreciate it... I'm trying very hard to get over any mindsets I have, isn't it funny how much of eating habits is in the BRAIN instead of the tummy :mrgreen:

at any rate, after a day of staying on plan and drinking all my water, I've lost four pounds of BLOAT, which is fabulous... still have a few more before I reach my ticker weight (which by the way I am NOT going to edit, I'm headed straight for that weight and quickly! :lol: ) and then I'll be back on track for sure... I have more family coming in July and I'd love to be able to greet them from the 140s!!!!!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe

Postby Mike » May 28th, 2008, 8:57 am

Back on track is good. Glad things are better.

Keep at it. Summer is almost here and the warmer weather makes us want water which is good.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby vcille » May 28th, 2008, 3:19 pm

Way to go!! Good job on getting back on track. TOday is day #2 for back on track for me. Just hanging in there

BTW, I love your verse at the bottom-its one of my favorites.

vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby jayzoe » May 29th, 2008, 7:14 am

and today I lost another 2.5 pounds of water weight/bloat weight... I don't consider it "real" weight since I gained it so fast, I think it's probably mostly water and salt retention, but I'm still happy to get rid of it *laugh* hopefully will continue the trend to get myself back to my ticker weight and then keep coasting along!!!

still fighting some food demons, but I seem to be doing well with it, not buying all the junk that I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT to buy, I remove myself from temptation instead... I'm accepting the fact that it will always be a struggle *shrug*
jayzoe

Postby vcille » May 29th, 2008, 7:25 am

It may just be water weight- but at least its not there anymore!!!

I don't buy tempting food either. I do have children so I do have to buy some snack things- but I don't buy them junk. It's things like fruit, granola bars, etc. but it's still tempting

But I have found that my tastes change. My mom made this ooey gooey choc. cake for memorial day. I had a piece and couldn't finish it because it was just too rich.

Vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby jayzoe » May 29th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Oooooooooo I hope my tastes can change too! :mrgreen: I do find that I no longer crave anything greasy, like I used to be able to go thru a drivethru and get a huuuge burger and fries/tots and gobble them up like there's no tomorrow, but lately they really have no appeal *blech*

but carbs, cookies, cakes, ice cream... *sigh* I just can't be around them right now... hopefully in the future sometime I might be able to just eat a little bit of it, but now? I go crazy and binge on the entire thing... last week especially! it's no wonder I'm all bloated!
jayzoe

Postby jayzoe » May 29th, 2008, 8:56 pm

BIG TIME STRESS here, my mom just called to tell me that my sister in law is planning on leaving my brother because he's an alcoholic :shock: I've known my brother had some issues with drinking before but I never realized it's gotten so bad... we're all really scared about what he will do when she tells him she's leaving and taking the kids with her... she's hoping that she will scare him into sobriety and they won't have to get divorced, but we'll see... I'm grouchy with myself for not keeping in close contact with my brother (we live in different states since we're military) even tho I KNEW some things were going on... maybe I could've made a difference or at least he could have had someone else to talk to about it, he always comes to me but this time he didn't :| Addictive behavior definitely runs in our family, I know my mom is also a food addict along with me and now my brother is an alcohol addict...

anyway she's supposed to tell him tomorrow night, now is when I really wish I lived closer...

staying on plan but not happy with it
jayzoe

Postby vcille » May 30th, 2008, 7:36 am

I'm so sorry. You can't blame yourself! That would be like your brother blaming himself for your food issues. Even though you're not close you can pray for him and you his family. Praying for you and your family during this time. ((((HUGS)))
vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby DogMa » May 30th, 2008, 8:45 am

What Vicki said. And you can also call him afterward, to let him know you're there if he wants to talk.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » May 30th, 2008, 11:36 pm

Hey J...

Just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in our prayers. Remember who is in control, and also remember that little verse you have in your signature. At times it may seem a little thing, but it really can be what matters.

Take care, and we hope for the best.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jayzoe » June 1st, 2008, 5:05 pm

okay, so it sounds like my sister in law confronted him about his drinking and basically said "alcohol or family"... and I did talk to him afterward and tried to draw some corrolation between food addiction and alcohol addiction and we seemed to have a nice conversation... I would say it went well, but who knows what will happen, right? except God and I'm certainly not Him! :lol:

still very much on plan despite wanting more, it actually feels good! I'm back to my ticker weight, yay! this week I plan on sticking to plan fiercely and adding my exercise back in to make a great week... I'm in the midst of reading Psalms right now too, it's a great pick me up...
jayzoe

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal