How do you cheat?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby Nancy » July 13th, 2005, 11:14 pm

Sometimes I wore my nightguard to keep from eating things and I put Vick's Vaporub under my nose to keep from smelling really good-smelling food...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Thanks all and Martha! I was saved from failure last night

Postby from Amelie » July 14th, 2005, 9:20 pm

I was that close to really losing it last night. I eyed every morsel of food on the table while everyone was dining, after the episode in the car. It was like my life flashed in front of me in high speed as I envisioned myself eating everything I should not eat, how I would feel that moment and how I would feel after I ate everything! Then God helped me...the attack calmed down, probably my stomach telling me I'm okay, don't need any more food! But yesterday was a preview of how crazy one can get. Now I sort of have a glimpse of what an alcoholic feels like with a drink. I felt like that with the extra carbs I had and the extra food. It was like coming home to a bad home. I eyed the quantity of food i used to gobble down and felt blessed I was able to put on the brakes. I will never allow myself to get that ravenous again. I should have stopped at a market and picked up something less caloric, even a stalk of celery would have helped, had I not been distracted by my hunger and the forbidden food I was eyeing and smelling. OMG!!! I had never had that kind of attack before! :shock: Thanks everyone for your support. It was quite an experience yesterday and last night. I was glad the day was over!

martha wrote:AMELIE--

Sorry you had such a stressful day today.. tomorrow will be better.. Be prepared and keep a few extra packs in your purse or glove box.. it helps.. Smelling food you can't eat is a terrible thing.. I know as I have to cook it all adn then watch everyone else eat it.. while I have a piece of chicken ,soup or a shake.. I have some SF hard candies in my glove box for emergiences just like that.. it helps with something in my mouth but not the smells :mrgreen: keep your chin up and let us know how tomorrow is for you.. isn't it funny how we are own own worse critics and enemies?? just a thought...will be thinking of you tonight..Martha
from Amelie

WOW I use vick's vaporub at bedtime. it calms me down

Postby from Amelie » July 14th, 2005, 9:23 pm

I never thought of using Vick's this way. Thanks nancy! I wrote about my experience last night. I actually had a food attack I had never experienced in my life before. Now I know how to cope. Thank you for your kind advice here in this forum, and to all the ladies who've been supportive, also to Martha who just replied to me today. Thanks all. I've been through the mill. Today I ate more than I should but it I was within my caloric and carbohydrate allotment. Whew!

Nancy wrote:Sometimes I wore my nightguard to keep from eating things and I put Vick's Vaporub under my nose to keep from smelling really good-smelling food...
from Amelie

Postby Nancy » July 14th, 2005, 10:54 pm

Amelie ~

If you are ever caught without your Medigrub, you can run into any 7 Eleven or Quickie Mart and get a half pint of low fat milk - it is not the tastiest but it will do in a pinch and keep you in ketosis and fill your empty tum-tum until you can get home and have a real live Medifast shake. Fill up on water, too or have a diet pop.

We get into dangerous territory when we leave home without enough Medigrub for the day.

Then there's always duct tape....
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Previous

Return to Weight Loss