desire to cheat

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

desire to cheat

Postby LeeannNH » June 26th, 2005, 4:22 pm

hi everyone!

i am having a moment of wanting to eat like crazy. :cry: im not sure why. my tom is almost here, due like tomorrow and i dont know if this is why i have an increased appetite. i have had my appetite suppression shakes, my pickles, my boullion and my water, and i still want to eat. of course i want to eat BAD things. :twisted:

i am tired and want to give in...which is why i came here. i know everyone goes through these times and i want to be strong. im just worried about the fragility of the moment as it has been going on since yesterday morning. i keep going hour by hour but that is getting even harder. :(

i guess i was hopin that i could come here and that would help. i just entered the 30# club on friday and i want so much to hold on to that success. i know i can do this but i need a little support....i feel so needy right now...like a weak baby that is whining and crying for attention. :oops: i guess that is what i am in some ways, well alot of ways.

i wonder if i am wanting to eat because i did make it to the 30# club. im wondering if i am having that super-human success moment that is telling me, hey you are losing weight and you can have that brownie for heaven's sake!

oy! i am so annoyed with myself right now. im so glad there is a place for me to vent these crazy thoughts in my head. i appreciate you guys reading this. it is a little embarassing for me to admit my draw to failure...i guess i would have lost the weight a long time ago if i didnt have that characteristic.

anyway...i will not cheat tonight. i will let myself wait until tomorrow, like i have done 1.7 million times when i would say i would begin my diet. maybe that will do the trick

ok, i will stop rambling now...ya'lll take care
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby ljm498 » June 26th, 2005, 5:20 pm

Leeann, coming here and talking it out is the best thing you can do! You're acknowledging the fact that you want to eat something unhealthy but you know you shouldn't. You're exactly right, don't do anything, just wait until tomorrow. This feeling will pass and when you get to tomorrow or when the feeling passes and you know you got through, you will be so proud of yourself and this will give you even more determination in the future and even more confidence down the road when the munchies hit again. You can say, hey, I got past it the last time, I will this time too! I know when the munchies hit for me at TOM, lately going for a walk or doing something else, but getting away from the kitchen and where the food is, is the key to getting past it. Just get your mind off of it totally if possible.

You can do it! Stay strong!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 26th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Leeann, didn't you say you made it to ONEderland on Friday? Hold on, hon, 'cause you don't wanna ever see that "TWO" again!

A week ago Friday I wanted to eat everything in sight. I had TWO lean and green meals that day, and even with that I was trying to justify going off plan, at least for awhile. I stuck with it, though, 'cause I was so close to ONEderland that I didn't want to give in.

My TOM started the following Monday, a week early. And I haven't had "the hungries!" like that since.

Make yourself some oatmeal cookies, or have another shake, if necessary to get you through this. Hang in there -- this too shall pass.

Good luck!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LeeannNH » June 26th, 2005, 6:58 pm

hey lynne and 24k

thank you guys for your help....i am still feeling pretty shaky but i think i will make it. i have 1 shake left tonight and i am having it and i will go upstairs to bed right away!

i just want to have the same confidence i had this time last week..
and no i do NOT want to see 200 AGAIN, thanks for saying that it will definitely be a good motivator to stay strong! :D

thanks again guys yall are da best
leeann

:mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room