DID I CHEAT?? AND IF SO, HOW BAD??

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

DID I CHEAT?? AND IF SO, HOW BAD??

Postby MLA9500 » June 6th, 2007, 1:35 pm

Hi everyone.. Lisa here....

Ok... besides dealing with the dry/rash lip thing.. as some of you, i too haven't shed an ounce past 10 lbs in over a week, and i'm 1 day into week 4.. trying not to get discouraged.. but i think i am.... :cry:

I haven't had any cheating urges until now..... well, here's the question.. did i cheat? i had a couple of roasted chicken wings yesterday beyond my ounce allowance and then today... i just couldn't resist, i had a few slices of ham luncheon meat.. its regular ham but it says "water added" :oops: and then I don't know how i resisted, but my son was eating freshly popped popcorn and i resisted.. so i'm glad for that.... but what kind of damage do you think i did?? :| and can we have luncheon meats?
MLA9500
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 6th, 2007, 4:01 pm

Probably zero damage, other than a little water retention from the sodium in the ham.

Can you give us an example of your daily schedule, and maybe we can help you find what might be stalling you?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mike » June 6th, 2007, 4:10 pm

Sounds like the normal 3rd week syndrome that some suffer through.
As Unca said, perhaps if we looked at your daily plan we might be able to help.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MLA9500 » June 6th, 2007, 5:17 pm

My doctor has me on "his version" of the MF plan.... I have only 4 shakes a day with 1 l&g and the l&g consists of 8 oz of cooked lean meat, green salad and broccoli (green veggies) with 1/2 teaspoon oil or ff salad dressing (which i use 10 sprays of wishbone balsamic (its pretty good). I went on the website and downloaded all the allowable veggies and i use the amounts allowed.. I"m also allowed to have celery sticks, sugar free jello or sugar free icepops... but, i only had the jello in the beginning.. I'm pretty full with the 4 shakes and the meal.... my meat choices are chicken, pork, or steak... or occasional plain hamburger. I'm thinking the weight has to come off soon.. doesn't it? Pre MF i was eating potatoes, pasta, french fries, bread.. you name it.... Could it be that this little amount is how much i need to maintain?? that's scary!! :shock: I have to also admit, i've not found the time to exercise on a regular basis... I really like to walk, even if its around the block..... I appreciate all your advice!! I would be really lost without this forum.. everyone should join....
MLA9500

Postby Mike » June 6th, 2007, 9:14 pm

Personally, I keep hearing about some doctors modifying the 5 and 1 and making it a 4 and 1. The plans that Dr. Andersen and the other Medifast doctors devised are proven for weight loss, and they are set up as 5 and 1 (or more), or the 6-0 for a reason.
Not to question your doctor, I am sure they have their reasons for reducing your calories even more, but I do worry sometimes whether or not some doctors truly understand the program.

Stick with what your doctor says and it will come off, it may be slower due to the reduced calorie intake possibly causing your body to want to hold onto the nutrition it is getting.

If I am off on this, hopefully Nancy or another source can correct this. You might want to take the opportunity to listen in and ask questions on the Doctors call...... Wednesdays at 830 EST (with Dr. Andersen, Dr. Joe, or others), 646-519-5860 pin 0971#.

The same number works for the Nurses call with Lori Andersen Mondays at 830 EST.

Hope this helps.

Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Nancy » June 6th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Since you are under your doctor's care, I must defer to the plan devised by your medical practioner. It is similar to the modified plan formerly used by TSFL (it was originally known as Health Inventions in 2002). As Mike indicated, the program has been updated and the changes are readily available in the revised April 2007 Quick Start Booklet.

Drink plenty of water. I'd limit those snacks - either sugar-free Jell-O or a sugar-free popsicle or celery.

The Lean and Green meal sounds quite generous to me if consumed at one meal in comparison to the other four smaller meals; esp if your protein serving size is 8 ounces cooked weight.

If it were my choice, given the meal plan prescribed by your doctor, I'd divide the L & G into two smaller meals and eat them spaced out by several hours such as...

brekkie: shake
mid morn: shake
lunch: 4 ounces protein with the broccoli serving (whatever portion size indicated by your doc)
afternoon: shake
evening supper: 4 ounces protein and small green salad w/ low fat dressing
late evening: shake

There ya have it, 6 portion-controlled balanced meals

Start with progressive exercise this week - there may be some weight fluctuation when exercise is initiated but your weight ought to begin to trend down. Drink lots and lots of water throughout the day. You may be experiencing a temporary rest phase where your body makes the final adjustment to the fat-burning state – review your sleeping patterns, possible hormone cycles and meal timing.

Do not give up – use every ounce of determination right now – don’t let a temporary speedbump doink you off the highway to health and get you off into the pucker brush somewhere – you have done a great job, you made a decision to make healthful changes in your life, this is a process and it takes time (Dang! We all want it off ASAP!) and day by day, you are making steps to improve your physical health.

You will get there if you decide to not let anything deter you.
Nothing can interfere with your decision to reach your goal – nothin’ because you made a decision about what you want to weigh and that decision determines how you will live – movin’ in on health, day by day, every two or three hours. You can do it!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby DogMa » June 7th, 2007, 2:21 pm

I haven't looked at the new Quick Start since I'm not on the program anymore, but ... chicken wings are allowed??? Fatty, impossible-to-get-all-the-skin-off chicken wings?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » June 7th, 2007, 5:39 pm

DogMa wrote:I haven't looked at the new Quick Start since I'm not on the program anymore, but ... chicken wings are allowed??? Fatty, impossible-to-get-all-the-skin-off chicken wings?

It's those new skinless boneless chicken wings. :lol:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MLA9500 » June 8th, 2007, 11:47 am

Thank you so much... I have some good news... I actually ended up losing 2 lbs!!! :D so now i'm down a total of 12 in almost 4 weeks.. Now I just hope it continues.... I am definitely going to try and follow Nancy's advice and split the l&g into 2 meals... the doctor did say i could do that.. i just really look forward to a nice big meal at the end of the day.. but Nancy's way makes so much sense and actually, not that i'm anywhere close, but, that way will make it easier to transition..

Also, my dry chapped lips are showing more improvement.. I told my doctor... "i'll live with puffy lips!" i can not come off this program!!

Oh, one more thing... anyone getting tested for Keytones? My doctor said i had no keytones this visit.. he said i'm getting more carbs from somewhere... i'm kind of baffled... the only thing i can think of is maybe going out to dinner.. i ask for everything plain, but who really knows what they put on the food... or maybe when i "cheated" and had those couple of wings.. they did have a drop of bbq sauce on them...(but really dry)
He said.. if you'll stick to the diet by having your veggies.. then continue to do the same... or, try to skip the veggies and just have the protein... but, i look forward to my veggies! so i guess my question is... How reliable are keytones and should i skip the veggies?? Thanks so much again.... your advice and support means more than you can imagine :D
MLA9500

Postby Unca_Tim » June 8th, 2007, 9:38 pm

Dont skip the veggies. Follow the program as written, and you don't have to worry about ketones.

Happy Shakin'.....
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mike » June 8th, 2007, 10:47 pm

As Unca said... don't focus on the ketones. The fat burning state that you are in on this plan is so light that most of the time, it won't show on the testing strips (one reason why its so easy to be knocked out of the fat burning state with this plan). Its not like Atkins where its a deep state of ketosis.
Just follow the plan and you will lose.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby DogMa » June 9th, 2007, 11:13 am

Your doctor suggested you stop eating veggies? Even Dr. Atkins told people to eat vegetables. Is this person a regular doctor or some sort of diet doc??
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » June 9th, 2007, 12:36 pm

I hadn't even connected that Robin. Good thing you caught that. Makes no sense to me either to have a doctor suggest not eating veggies.
:roll:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Serendipity » June 10th, 2007, 3:56 am

It may benefit you to get the doctor's information from Medifast and give it to your doctor to read. His suggesting that you skip the vegetables makes me think that he doesn't understand that Medifast is a balance of protein/carbs/fat and that ketone sticks don't always register. You can tell him that they never did for me. I lost my weight using the 5 & 1 plan in a little over a year.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » June 10th, 2007, 4:35 am

Serendipity wrote:It may benefit you to get the doctor's information from Medifast and give it to your doctor to read. His suggesting that you skip the vegetables makes me think that he doesn't understand that Medifast is a balance of protein/carbs/fat and that ketone sticks don't always register. You can tell him that they never did for me. I lost my weight using the 5 & 1 plan in a little over a year.

The most I ever get is the lightest pink, almost beige. That is of course when I am losing weight!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Next

Return to Come on in.