Cheated...AGAIN but this time it was BAD, REAL BAD!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Cheated...AGAIN but this time it was BAD, REAL BAD!

Postby lifelovinaries » May 5th, 2006, 3:39 am

I actually tried posting this last nite but my internet went down...

:boohoo: I know here's the SAME ole song...It all started with waking up late this morning and rushing around getting ready for work. Unfortunately, I had not chosen my work clothes last night so as I zipped around my room yanking things outta the closet and throwing them on the bed and floor, i became more discouraged. Even with a 10 lb weightloss, I was feeling extra FAT today. Yes, FAT, I said it!!! Anywhoo...I figured since I was feeling like the 3 letter F-word, I might as well feed it. I did fine up until lunch time (even though I had forgotten my oatmeal and had to eat a bar for breakfast). Well I had my chili for lunch then it hit me, why not stick a hunk of bread pudding to my big (insert f-word) booty. Then, here ya go, stick some cheezits to the other side (hey, weren't those dang cheezits my problem before?), then Long John Silver called my name and forced me to visit and order some veggie bites (fried broccoli and cheese) and a diet coke. Well I finished the evening up with 5 miniature reeses' cups. Needless to say, depression has set in. Actually it's more anger. Angry with all the cheat foods because they did not make me feel any better after eating them. DARN IT, they were supposed to make me feel better, isn't that why I was eating them? All they did was make me angry with myself. Why am I willing to basically self destruct. Is it my subconscious telling me that I am a failure and my conscious (or ego) believing it? Or do I realize that this plan REALLY DOES WORK and I am afraid of success because I have to prove MF wrong? Who knows!!! :huh: Well tomorrow is another day, I will be back on track (hopefully!) :roll:

O.k. now that I have attended my therapy session by venting here, thanks for being my sounding board...

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 5th, 2006, 6:12 am

I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough time. You said that you were feeling fat and that you might as well feed it. Honestly, you can't let your feelings dictate your actions. You have to be strong and try to get through at least a month. Once you've seen 20 or 30 lbs go by the wayside, it really does get easier. I hope and pray that you can persevere and get through this rough time. Crossing my fingers for you!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » May 5th, 2006, 6:30 am

Scroll down this room and read the "Am I crazy?" thread. That voice inside your head telling you to eat is NOT your friend! Don't listen to it! When you hear it, run away as fast as you can!

Keep the memory of how you feel right now. When you are tempted again, think hard. Is it really worth that awful feeling you get afterward? Next time this happens, come here and post instead of choosing to eat. We have all been where you are. Vent to us.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby thefinest » May 5th, 2006, 6:33 am

It'll be ok! You are starting with a clean slate today now. At least you learned that it was not worth it to eat off plan.

You will do great today..just keep shakin! :goodluck:
4/24/2006@176.5lbs 5`10
[/url]
thefinest
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Denise » May 5th, 2006, 8:18 am

Isn't it great to know when we make mistakes..we have a brand new opportunity to make a fresh start!

Think positive thoughts...everyone...supports you! :)
Denise
Preferred member

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 5th, 2006, 8:51 am

Like the old song goes ( and, most of you are much tooooo young to remember it!)---"Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again"!!!! You can do it!!! You were already successful at losing 10#, so you know you know that Medifast works and that it works for you. And, it works for anybody who is 100% compliant. Maybe, you can read your quick start again and keep visualizing how wonderful you will look, say, with just another 10# gone! Try to do something great that is just for you--stay on Medifast, and give yourself another chance to win the battle. You are having a rough start, but that does not mean that you will never be the victor in your struggles and your journey. Face it, head on, :x and go after what you really want for you!! :D :D I have already said a little prayer for you, for strength to succeed! :)

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby Shana » May 5th, 2006, 10:20 am

I'm sorry you had such a miserable cheat day - and you didn't even get to enjoy it because you were feeling guilty, AND they really don't taste as good as we think they do after we get used to eating GOOD foods!

I am going to try to write my post about self sabotage & the fear of success today - I should have plenty of time while waiting to see my doctor this afternoon lol.

Hop back on the wagon sunshine! You CAN do this - help me prove that Medifast really DOES work! :)

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby mamabear » May 6th, 2006, 10:13 am

We all trip up occasionally, the important thing is to pick yourself up and get going again. you can do it! :hug:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 6th, 2006, 12:55 pm

I know EXACTLY how you feel! Isn't it funny that these things don't taste all that good, they don't have magical powers to make us feel better, they don't fix anything, they just make us feel mad and guilty. Believe me, I've been there.

Like Jo says, run away from that voice in your head. It is an addiction just like alcohol or drugs calling to you. DON'T listen!

It's over, it happened. Learn something and then forget about it! You have a clean slate now, you can start fresh today. That's the beauty of this program. Then there will be one other learning opportunity. Next time those cheezeits or whatever calls to you, just see if it's worth it to go through the first 3-4 days again.

Situations like your stressful morning are where RTD's are invaluable to me, even if I'm running late I only have to shake and throw a straw in the RTD! I HIGHLY recommend them!

Next time, come vent BEFORE you grab the food and we'll TRY to help you through it!

Today's a brand new day!

DeDe
dede4wd

Return to The Weight Room