Bad news, good news, bad news

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Bad news, good news, bad news

Postby Alison » April 21st, 2004, 8:10 am

Hi everyone,
I am weighting in at week 4 with a 1 lb. loss. Week 1 was 9.5, week 2 = 3.5, week 3 =2.5 and now 4 at 1lb. I know I should be happy with any weight loss. 1 is better than none right?
So what's the good news. I have been interviewing again. I have been out of work for some time and as I have mention I moved from the east to the west coast about 9 months ago. I interviewed at a country club of all places to teach art. I am an art director by occupation. ANyway I would have never even considered going into an athletic club of all places to interview before MF and my 16.5 lb. loss. I would have been too intimidating even though I am overqualified for the position. I had my 2nd interview yesterday and though I feel I didn't get the job which is not the end of the world I was thrilled at how I handled it. My 2nd interview was with a guy who was younger than myself who kept asking why I wanted this job and was I a kid at heart and honestly made me feel old and stodgy. THAT'S OK. A month ago I would have left that interview and made a beeline to the candy aisle at the local drugstore. No question. I admit I bitched to my husband a full 10 minutes took some serious deep breaths and got through all those feelings of rejection. A month ago I would have been convinced that the whole problem was me being fat and this guy thinking I did not have the energy to keep up w/the kids. That did not cross my mind. So all that being said I am happy to feel in control for the 1st time in my life and I am happy my #'s are going down and not up.
Here's to a New day!!
Alison
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby auntjanot » April 21st, 2004, 10:36 am

Alison,
I must try this deep breath thing, It seems to work in so many situations. I should have tried it a couple of weeks ago when I told my boss what he could do and where he could do it.
Great job! That candy bar wouldn't have helped you feel better or get the job, but I bet the bitching at the husband did make you feel better didn't it? Don't you hate it when the bosses, cops, doctors, teachers, etc. start looking like 16 yr olds?
BTW, Thanks for the earlier reply to my post!
Janet
auntjanot
Regular Member - #60 Club

Return to The Weight Room