good news/bad news

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

good news/bad news

Postby LAwoman » January 8th, 2006, 10:12 pm

Hello everybody,

I see lots of great losses for so many people starting the new year and lots of new members ready for great losses. Woohoo!

I'll start with my "bad news" first:
I only got half-way through December with my restart. It was going so well, down to 190 before I slipped right off MF. Family, friends, parties, celebrations, out of town trips, vacations, out of town visitors... I know, I know, all excuses which did nothing but put me back up to a whopping 207 :shock: when I got on the scale this morning, ugh!!!

Now for my "good news":
I'm back to reach goal this year. I spent part of this afternoon reflecting on my life this past year(s). I still can't figure out why MF was so "easy" for me from March-July where I lost 60+ lbs and why I've had such a tough time restarting to reach goal. But I am happy I haven't gained it all back and that I'm here, even if it is again, to give myself the healthy, great body I should have. (What's the alternative really, a fat or fatter unhealthy body? :( )

So here's to all of us. A new year and all the years to come living in healthy, happy bodies!!!

I WILL REACH GOAL THIS YEAR AND MAINTAIN FOR LIFE!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Lisa Renee » January 8th, 2006, 10:25 pm

WOW, sounds like you are off to a GREAT start! The most important thing is that you are ready mentally. It sounds like you have put all that snackin behind you and are ready to live your new life now. Good luck and don't forget to check in often!

Renee
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Gwenski » January 9th, 2006, 12:10 am

LAwoman!

You are back. WOO Hoo!!! So, you took a wrong turn -- you found your way and that is all that matters.

The holidays are tricky to navigate so forget about it, learn from it and let's get shaking!!

You and WE KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS -- MAKE IT SO ---

Start Shaking!!!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » January 9th, 2006, 12:37 am

Hey lady! Nice to see ya, though I'm sorry for what brings us here. :mrgreen:

Look how far you've come, so don't beat yourself up over a little backsliding. Even the "thinnies" gain a little weight over the holidays. It's what we do NOW that matters, not what we did from T-giving to New Years. There is substantially less of you now than there was a year ago today -- don't forget that!

Now we'll just go forward, and take off the remaining weight. And then we should have a party!

Good luck. Remember, this IS fun . . . right? :lol:
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » January 9th, 2006, 1:15 am

:yes: :yes: It IS fun!

People like you Kids make it fun! :bounce:

We can do it together! :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re starting

Postby Jan » January 9th, 2006, 8:54 am

Hmmmm,
I've said this lots before but I'm saying it again. :mrgreen: Life is a learning experience and fortunately in some areas we are allow "restarts" :D So take what you've learned and go forward!! In this area restarts are just fine. I know you will do great!! Sometimes we have to stray a bit to really realize how great something is!! Those pounds will be gone in no time and by summer you'll be lookin' good.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nicki » January 9th, 2006, 12:18 pm

So glad you're back on the train ... we will all be success stories this year!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » January 9th, 2006, 4:10 pm

I agree with you about being happy that you didn't regain everything, you are stopping where you are going down the scale again (me too!) So congrats on that and we will be here to cheer you on to victory!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

awesome supporters

Postby LAwoman » January 9th, 2006, 7:07 pm

YOU "GUYS" ROCK :kool:
Thank you for all your supportive, helpful, kind words.
THANK YOU, Thank You, thank you!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » January 10th, 2006, 5:03 pm

LAwoman.... :D .....so glad to see you back on track!!!!!!... :treadjog: ..we all have our backslides... :huh: .....some big .. :sadblue: ..some small... :scratch: ...but for those that pick themselves up and get back in the race.... :runner: ..... will be the winners... :yes: ..now, always having read your posts I sensed you were a motivated and determined person....... :weightlift: ..... so I'm sure with your good attitude and focus you will reach the goals you set...... :yourock: .......and we will all be cheering you onto to victory............ :whoohoo: ........

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » January 13th, 2006, 6:51 pm

LA Woman ~

How are you doing so far this week? I know those re-starts can seem really rough. You have a winning attitude and you are beginning the year with a can-do approach. This IS your year to shine and to cross the threshold of optimal health!

I've been trying to figure why I seemed to bail out from weight loss programs in the past and never quite make it until I met Medifast. To me, it seems like when I was really desperate, when I had totally reached my breaking point I could somehow muster up the strength to go for another run at weight loss. When I began to backslide and allow some weight to pile up again, I'd feel so upset with myself and view the number on the scale as tangible evidence that I was a total failure as a person and once again my quest to be healthy slipped through my fingers.

When I met Medifast, it became so freeing for me because I actually felt great when I was on the weight loss phase. I never had that feeling of being in control before.

Other products or programs left me feeling deprived and very hungry. It is definitely a battle those first few weeks to get beyond the desire for certain foods, especially when we have had an intense relationship with food.

It seemed that just before I made my final decision to go for the goal, that I ate stuff that was not even appealing to me. My routine was :shock: see food, open the trap, shove it in, swallow, look for more.

When we have been on the program, taken a pause, it does not negate our past success and the pause does not mean that we are weak-willed diet failures. It is just that - a temporary pause. Common to all of us. It does not mean we are doomed to eating nothing but bland pre-packaged food. This is not a liquids only diet. With Medifast we get real food and it is real good food.

As I concentrated on the fact that I was getting excellent nutrition in every packet, the 24 essential vitamins and minerals, I reminded myself that I was getting everything that was essential for me. The other stuff - the :twisted: fries, the :twisted: bacon, the :twisted: cheese, the :twisted: tortillas, the :twisted: candy, the loaves of toast and bags of popcorn drenched in butter, etc. was not essential for my life, my heart, my veins or my well-being.

I began to view food differently and grew to appreciate my Medigrub so much more.

It no longer felt like :redhead: punishment when I had a packet but a :thumbsup: pleasure and privilege to have it.

I concentrated on how much better I felt, how my thinking was clearer (I still cannot solve the Sunday newspaper crossword puzzle) and how my energy level improved. I didn't fall asleep at my :puter: desk or :snooze: snore at a movie or in the planetarium.

Folks, it is :brickwall: tough at times to be back at it - but it is a lot tougher to be hauling around extra flabbage, too. Together, we will get the job done and enjoy the journey getting to our goals.

LA Woman, we know we'll be seeing less of you this year! ;)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

thanks for your support!!!

Postby LAwoman » January 16th, 2006, 11:48 pm

Hi Nancy,

I'm so glad I checked onto the forum today. I sort of wish I had read it on Friday, but better now than never, 'cause I really needed to read what you wrote.

First of all, thanks so much for "checking in" and especially for your supportive words. You amaze me with your ability to truly understand and say the most helpful things to me. I know the understanding part is because you've been there. But you truly have a gift for expressing yourself in such a meaningful and special way that always rings true. THANKS!

When you spoke about MF being "freeing" for you it triggered my memory as to why I liked it so much the first time around. I realize for the last month or so I've been spending so much energy on what I'm going to eat next, or what I shouldn't eat next..., when MF is already there for me so I don't have to think about it, or waste time, money, and calories on all that crappy food.

You reminded me that I need to constantly be vigilant for this first month as I "retrain" myself to stick to MF. I remember how much easier it got.

As you can see, I continue to struggle to just get started. I mentioned earlier the holidays and beyond were just go, go, go without a moment to myself. I felt like I would go back to work and get back to MF, but within a day I was eating like I was on vacation, without any thought to what I was doing.

So this weekend, as I continued to eat too many bad foods, I kept thinking about how bad my body feels and how much better, stronger, and healthier I would feel once I stick with MF and lose the weight. It's funny too, because I know that once the pounds start dropping and I feel good, I WANT to eat healthy and stay healthy. But when I sit here feeling gross, it's hard to get that motivation. I'm not making excuses, or complaining, I'm just stating how I feel right now at this very minute.

I went back and looked at my log from March to July to see how I did it which motivated me to stick to MF and reach goal, 'cause I know I can do this. I so want to lose the weight and be healthy for good. I refuse to give up. Tomorrow is day 1 for me. I'm thinking in small increments to get me to my goal this summer.

It's great to see all the new people here ready to work MF and have MF work for them. Also, all those who have to deal with restarting like myself helps motivate and support me to make this work. KEEP SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS, IDEAS, MOTIVATIONAL TIPS, EXPERIENCES... PEOPLE, IT REALLY DOES HELP!

You couldn't be more right Nancy. As hard as it may be to stick to MF, it's a lot harder carting around this extra weight, both physically and mentally.

You truly are a special person Nancy and have helped improved so many people's lives, including mine. All I can say again is THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU!!!

2006 is my year.
I will be thininLA!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 17th, 2006, 1:04 am

LAWoman ~

You are W-O-M-A-N

Willing to learn
On your way
Medifast is your weapon
Able to do anything for three hours at a time
No longer making excuses but making a life!

I believe in you! :you:

Hey, now! We are coming to LA LA land in two weeks! I wanna go to Mouseland! Let's see what you can do in two weeks? Can ya enter ONEderland by then or at least get into the pre-teens by then? :idontknow:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room