Happy Home Maker

1 Thread per registered User.

Happy Home Maker

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 6th, 2007, 7:04 pm

Ok, so here it is the night before I start my program...

I'm excited and nervous. I'm not nervous to start the program, I'm nervous about keeping the weight off.

I've lost the weight before, only for it to come back. I'm so tired of losing the weight. I've changed the way I eat and the types of foods, now I need to change the amounts. I have to watch my portions.

My worry or fear is that I won't keep the weight off again!! :oops: I know I can't let that stop me...I must perservere. The Lord did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power...power IN HIM.

I'm praying for the Lords strength and power here.

I've decided to come up with a small goal. I'm starting the program tomorrow... 6/6/07 , My goal is to lose 15lbs, by 6/30/07, which is my birthday. :D
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby holberry » June 6th, 2007, 7:42 pm

welcome!
This is a great board to be on!
Holberry
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » June 6th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Hiya Laura,

Glad you started a journal. This is a great way to get more support and of course, as you know, to put your thoughts down.
Ho cool that you got it so soon. (FEDEX.... ours is shipped UPS and takes almost a week :roll: )

Our prayers are with you. Good luck. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 7th, 2007, 3:06 am

Thanks Mike,

I also like to journal for accountability. It also helps me to remember my goals, my feelings and my thoughts as I go through this process. ( I forget everything these days)

One of reminders God had for the Israelites was to "Remember" and "Do not forget"...They had to remember all that the Lord had brought them through, How he delivered them and brought them to the "Promised Land", ok, it was 40 years later, but that was THEIR fault.. :D

I quit smoking years ago, and about a year after I quit smoking I found a journal. The journal was right in the midst of that trial. What a blessing it was to read what I had gone through as I sat there in victory..It really reminded me of all the God had gotten me through. I hold on to that "Truth" as I start my next assignment from HIM!
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby Tawanda » June 7th, 2007, 5:54 am

Laura, today is the beginning of a great journey to a healthier body!! I'm eager for your success and happy you are here.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby pinkbugs471 » June 7th, 2007, 6:23 am

Laura, Nice to meet you.

You can do this. I too was afraid when I started. I thought "this is another attempt that I will fail at". Not gonna happen. You can do this. The first few days are the hardest. Take them one shake at a time... :D
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 7th, 2007, 9:30 am

Thank you Ladies!! :D You all are so supportive. I really appreciate it.

Today so far has been good. I had my first supplement , apple oatmeal. By the time I was hungry later, it was already time for my next supplement. Actually , I was running late. I was 15 minutes late for my next supplement.

Water isn't an issue for me. I think I've already had all the water that is required of me. I drink alot of water.

I worked at my farm today...2 hours...I was tired after , I'm actually tired now. I'm not sure if i'm tired from the farm or the diet. I'm going to go have some coffee. ;)

It's such a beautiful day today. The weather is cool and sunny. Tomorrow its suppose to be humid and in the upper 90's.

I'm feeling good. I don't remember feeling too poorly the first three days. What gets me is the cravings and giving into them later in the diet. Anyone available to slap food out of my hands??? 8)
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby ChynnaDoll » June 7th, 2007, 9:54 am

Hello Laura!!!...WELCOME:+)...so glad you are here with us, and feeling good today!!! You CAN do this! I know exactly what you mean tho about the cravings returning later on in the diet...that happenes, and i'm sure to everyone, but they WILL go away..just try introducing your mind to doing something else that's fun and interesting if you can :-P

Laura wrote:
The Lord did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power...power IN HIM.

I LOVE your reliance on GOD..isn't he AWESOME!!!

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 7th, 2007, 10:30 am

Ok, just a quick note.....

I'm LOVING the chocolate pudding...yummy!!! :lol:
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 7th, 2007, 1:57 pm

Ok, I just got finished with my "Lean & green" meal. I had chicken (canned) on a bed of Romaine Lettuce with some mayo.

I feel good , but i'm tired.

I think I did too much today. I worked at the farm for two hours then cleaned the whole house. I was going to go grocery shopping, but decided against it. I'm too tired.

I'm not sure if it's the diet or just that I did alot.
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby Mike » June 7th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Laura,
Remember, if you do alot of exercise (working on the farm counts), its okay to have an extra replacement to replenish the calories you burn inexercising when you first start. You don't want to improperly fuel your body.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby SuzyQ66 » June 7th, 2007, 6:50 pm

Welcome Laura - it sounds like you had a good first day. I am cheering you on to lose your goal weight of 15 pounds by your birthday. I think you will find this forum and the people who are on here very helpful. They are quite the blessing.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 8th, 2007, 2:53 am

Thanks Mike,
I know I can do that. I wasn't hungry. :shock: ...I was tired..

Well, today is day two...I'm going to start taking my supplements earlier. I had problems getting them all in yesterday.

I feel good this morning...I woke up feeling good, not quite as bloated as I've been feeling. :oops:

The problem i'm having is that, my days are busy...it's a good thing I purchased the RTD...I'm just hoping I have enough to last me a month. It seems I have more times during my day when I'm not home for my next meal.

Today I have a women's Bible study and then I MUST go and do some grocery shopping.

On another note:
It was amazing how satisfied I felt yesterday on so little food. One thing that amazes me is my lack of self-control. This is something i'm going to have to work on if i'm to keep this weight off for life!! I have to learn to identify need vs. Want and satisfied vs. stuffed. :dooh:
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 8th, 2007, 2:56 am

Thank you Suzy!!

I do find this forum to be very supportive...and friendly. :wavie:

I see you've done very well!! You'll have to share all your secrets.
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby Mike » June 8th, 2007, 9:10 am

HappyHomeMaker wrote:One thing that amazes me is my lack of self-control. This is something i'm going to have to work on if i'm to keep this weight off for life!! I have to learn to identify need vs. Want and satisfied vs. stuffed. :dooh:

You, me, and many others suffer from this condition. Great insight! ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Next

Return to My Journal