I'm so happy to be here!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm so happy to be here!

Postby Triskets » July 28th, 2004, 8:58 pm

Hi Everyone!
This is my second day on Medifast. I was on this program in 1989 when Oprah made liquid diets so popular. I got rid of the excess 40 pounds I had to lose. I gained it back because I didn't take responsibility for my own after care. My doctor at the time (the only way you could by Medifast was thru a doctor) told me to get Jane Broody's "Good Food" cook book. That was his idea of stabilization and maintenance. As if!
I'm 5'8" and am packing around 255 pounds on my medium built frame. I'm going to get down to 150.
The difference this time for me is this support forum (Thanks Terry and Nancy), and my change of attitude. When I've been on diets in the past, I've said "I want to lose xx pounds". This time I'm saying "I will lose 105 pounds".
I feel different this time. I've made peace with my family and have a better relationship with them than I ever dreamed possible.
This is a great diet. What worked for me last time on Medifast was always having my shakes at the same time every day, experimenting with different diet pop flavors to mix with the Medifast, keeping junk food out of the house or out of sight (my hubby likes some junk food around so I buy him stuff he likes and I don't), telling my family and friends and probably MOST importantly, making the Medifast program my number one priority.
I'm looking forward to talking to everyone in the future!
Good Luck to us all and God Bless.
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Echo » July 28th, 2004, 10:07 pm

Hi Triskets, Welcome to the forum. I think with your experience you will have great success on the plan, and after, since you know how important maintanance is. You are wrong about one thing though, you don't need to make medifast your number one priority, you need to make YOU your number one priority!

I look forward to seeing you around the forum and sharing in your success!

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Triskets » July 29th, 2004, 11:12 am

Hi Echo -
You are right - I AM my number one priority!
I look forward to chatting with you in the future.
We'll be out of town this afternoon thru next Tuesday.
Talk to you then!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.