So not happy

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

So not happy

Postby lauradr » April 8th, 2006, 8:35 am

Hi, Everyone I need help i have stayed on mf and I have only lost 1lb in a month I need help on how to lose the rest of my weight or am i just going to stay where I am.
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Pashta » April 8th, 2006, 9:14 am

I think if you have slowed down that much then you need to step up exercise to burn more calories. If you stop MF I'd be afraid you would gain weight because it sounds like your body is only using the 800 calories a day. Remember we must exercsie after 3-4 weeks and gradually increase it before going off MF.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 8th, 2006, 9:40 am

I was thinking the exact opposite. If you are exercising maybe you are burning too many calories. I am in my 12th week of Medifast and have yet to start exercising and am still losing 4-5 pounds a week average.

However if you are not exercising maybe start some light walking and add an extra shake and maybe that will trick your body into partin with the pounds!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby lauradr » April 8th, 2006, 9:43 am

Lisa, I am exercising some

248/174/150

lauradr

Postby DogMa » April 8th, 2006, 9:49 am

I'm with Lisa. At least for me, I stop every time I add exercise.

I stall all the time, Laura. I'm the QUEEN of stalls. Even when I don't exercise, I still stall a lot (heck, I've been 100 percent compliant for about three weeks and I've lost MAYBE 2 pounds in that time - and that's not even a stall in my book).

Are you normally a slow loser? Some of us just ARE and stalls are just part of life for us. What helps me is shaking things up in some way: Sometimes it's as simple as changing what supplements I've been having (having more shakes instead of oatmeal or vice versa). Sometimes it's having an extra supplement for a few days. Sometimes it's having red meat more or less often. Sometimes it's even having a bit MORE protein in my L&G. Sometimes it's more water - or less. And yes, sometimes it's having two L&G meals in one day (and only four supplements) or having a meal that's not quite so lean.

You're so close to goal, that also could be a reason you're slowing down. Your body really wants to hang onto those last few pounds. You may need to experiment to find what works for you. I'd start with the more program-friendly ones, of course. The point is to change things up and kind of shock your body out of its complacency.

Good luck, Laura!! Hang in there!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » April 8th, 2006, 9:54 am

:shock: Oh, Lauradr!

It sounds like you are in a :twisted: tough spot. That is a LONG time to be stuck!

Let’s go over your meal plan with a fine tooth comb and try to solve this mystery for you. I recently had a three week no-budge problem myself but I know it was because my :weightlift: exercise program was changed.

Have you had any prescription changes?

Let’s have a look at the time and meal choices for your typical day.

Have you made any changes at all to your routine?

:snooze: Sleep schedule changes?

Getting in a minimum of 64 ounces of water? More water is better…

Are you exercising at all?

Any additional stress?

Medimeal # 1 & Time:
Medimeal #2 & Time:
Medimeal #3 & Time:
Medimeal #4 & Time:
Medimeal #5 & Time:

Lean & Green Meal - what exactly are you eating, how much – are you weighing and measuring? & Time the Lean and Green is scarfed:

I am :pet: sorry that you have had a slow month, Laura.

You are a trooper and we do not want you to be in the :x dumper.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby lauradr » April 8th, 2006, 10:13 am

Nancy, here it is.
Medimeal # 1 & Time: 6:am
Medimeal #2 & Time: 9:am
Medimeal #3 & Time: 12:pm
Medimeal #4 & Time: 3:pm
L&G 6: pm
Medimeal #5 & Time 9:PM
Lots of water, I only eat Chicken and Fish no red meat

248/174/150

lauradr

Postby Nancy » April 8th, 2006, 11:56 am

Laura, your schedule looks :angel: perfect.

What specifically are your :bib: Medimeals? Shakes? Soups, etc?

Are you exercising? If so, what are you doing and how much?

As we get closer to our goal weight, the weight loss process does slow down somewhat. When that happens, if you have been accustomed to eating a bar each day, it may be the time to cut the bar into small pieces and eat it spread throughout the day rather than all at one meal time; it may be the time to eliminate bars from the daily schedule or have them only once in a while.

You may want to switch to shakes only for two or three days and see if that budges you off that plateau.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 9th, 2006, 10:05 pm

I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you! Hang in there, stand strong, and you will lose this battle of wits with your body, it will give up and release the weight and you will be both the winner AND a loser!

Sending you plateau-ending Karma (it's complicated, it involves a snoopy dance and the theme from "A summer Place").

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby pennyh » April 10th, 2006, 6:14 am

sounds like your body doesn't want to get any skinnier. I am 5ft 4in and right now my goal is 150. I can wear an 8 at this weight. You are 5ft 11in 165 sounds like a great weight to me. I know we all have a ideal of what we want to be.Look at yourself really hard and see if you really need to lose more and if you do im sure it will happen.Wow look at how far you have come-80 pounds. dont give up. you CAN do it if you believe you can.
mspenny
pennyh
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mom23 » April 10th, 2006, 6:27 am

{{{Laura}}} :hug: You have come so far and I'm sure it is so frustrating for you...please don't give up. I am sure you will be at goal as soon as your body realizes that :lightsword: extra weight needs to go away. I think Nancy's suggestions about mixing it up may just jumpstart you into the final stage of reaching your goal. Be strong! We're all cheering for you! :cheerleader:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby angiedor » April 10th, 2006, 10:11 am

At your current weight, you have a bmi of 23. That is where your body wants to be..healthy!
Angie D.
Start Date--->4/2/2006
271/258/140 (5'6")

angiedor

Postby lauradr » April 10th, 2006, 10:41 am

Maybe I sould take a break be happy where I am. I have alway wanted to be at 150 lbs again that was was I weighed when I got married 30 years ago and thats close to where my Dr said I needed to be Maybe Nancy will let me know if that is good are I need to start maintenance, I just hate to give up and not reach my goal I have came so for and so close to where I want to be

248/174/150

lauradr

Postby Marseilles » April 10th, 2006, 11:14 am

Laura, have you been back to see your Dr. now that you are so close to your weight goal? Perhaps you could discuss it with the MD and see how close to the right weight you are. Also, Im sure Nancy will chime in when she sees this post but if I am not mistaken, when she started to transition into maintenance her weight fluctuated a little bit before settling a tad under when she stopped. If it wasnt Nancy, it was someone here on the forum that happened too, I'm certain. My mentality since starting medifast is that I have a certain goal this time around, which is my overall health and a lifestyle change. I know completely that even when I get to my goal (which I havent even set yet, probably around a size 4 or 6), that I will always incorporate the medifast mindset into my new life. The small meals throughout the day, the being conscious of what I put in my mouth and the idea that if you dont let any gains sneak up on you, it will be successful. Maybe you are right, maybe it is time to transition and give yourself a break, maintain your current weight a while and decide after a few months whether or not you would like to go lower than where you are now.

It seems to me that what someone else said is true, your body is happy because it is healthy.

Just my two cents!
-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby lauradr » April 10th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Marseilles, You may be right!!! I am not sure I;m ready to give up

248/174/150

lauradr

Next

Return to The Weight Room