I'm still happy, but....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I'm still happy, but....

Postby kassilou » July 4th, 2005, 4:58 am

I've been waiting for almost three weeks, and I think I finally broke my plateau! Today I was down 2#!!! However, the only reason I am up so early to know this already is that my dh and son have gone off to help look for a missing little boy in a nearby community where there is an amber alert. Please pray, if you are so inclined, that this little 7yo is found safe and sound.
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » July 4th, 2005, 7:11 am

Kassilou...... :clapclap: ........so glad you are down 2.... :yay: ....love to see the scale move down............and I will definitly keep the little boy and his family in my prayers....... :angel: .......I can't begin to imagine what his family is going thru right now..............but with many needed prayers hopefully he will be found safe................
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » July 4th, 2005, 7:52 am

Kassilou--
CONGRATULATIONS on your 2# loss and that old stubborn plateau is finally moving on :D as for the little boy I will continue to pray for his safe return..Thanks for the info and keep up the great work!! :mrgreen:
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 4th, 2005, 2:33 pm

YAY for breaking the plateau! I hope they find the missing little boy. It breaks my heart to think of children being hurt or go missing, it must be terrifying for everyone!

Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LeeannNH » July 4th, 2005, 4:26 pm

kassilou

im happy to hear that your plateau is over but i am sorry to hear about the little boy. that is really nice to hear that your family is helping with the search.

i will keep him in mind. please keep us updated
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » July 4th, 2005, 4:38 pm

Kassi-

CONGRATS!!! The plateau is over! I am so happy for you. :mrgreen: :-P :mrgreen: :-P :mrgreen: :-P

I will keep the family & boy in my prayers.

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LessOfMe » July 4th, 2005, 6:10 pm

WooHoo, Kassi! You are an inspiration to those of us who have been in that "Plateau Waiting Room." I'm sure you saw me there while you were waiting! :x So happy that you are "out the door" and moving that scale down a few more notches. :yay:

I will join in praying for the little boy. I will also pray for his family and for your husband and son who are so generous to help in looking for him.

Karen
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby tumbleweed » July 5th, 2005, 6:10 am

kassilou, plateaus are mean! congrats on getting past it!

Has there been an update on the missing child? My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family...
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby kassilou » July 5th, 2005, 9:44 am

No sign of the child yet. He's been missing since some time Fri night/Sat morning. They think he left on his own, as his bed was pushed up by the window. But no one has any idea what has happened to him since. The authorities told all the volunteers to check inside doghouses and such as it is possible that he is hiding. He is bipolar, and does not have his medication with him, so that is making finding him more difficult. People are out searching today, too, and experts arrived yesterday to help direct the search. No leads have panned out yet.
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 5th, 2005, 5:42 pm

What a horrbile situation. I will keep him and his family in my prayers. Please keep us updated.
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby fedup » July 6th, 2005, 8:00 am

My thoughts and prayers are with this boy's family too! I just got back in town and read this post.... how horrible. Bipolar is a tough tough tough... (my SO is bipolar and I work with alot of bipolar children also...) we'll all send our prayers and positive thoughts your way, and bless you and your husband for helping, after all "it takes a village" doesn't it?
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room