Happy Home Maker

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 8th, 2007, 1:00 pm

Day two is almost over and i'm feeling good. I'm tired and i've felt a little out of it. I think that is to be expected.

I had the scrambled eggs this morning...lets just say they tasted better after I added a little garlic. Any suggestions to make these better will be appreciated.

I was busy and forgot to bring my RTD to my study, so I got home and had my shake about 30 minutes later then I should of. I'm eating every three hours and i'm NOT hungry...this is good.

I know I shouldn't have, but ....I weighed myself this morning...I know, I know...but I could tell I didn't feel so bloated...My scale was down 3+ lbs... :yes: I know it's only water , but i'll take it.
I'm not going to weigh myself until Sunday, that's my "Weigh day". I'll change my ticker then.
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » June 8th, 2007, 2:44 pm

HappyHomeMaker wrote:I had the scrambled eggs this morning...lets just say they tasted better after I added a little garlic. Any suggestions to make these better will be appreciated.

Scrambled eggs: 1. Don't microwave, cook in a skillet, 2. Add pepper, garlic, chili powder, other spices as you like 3. A Tbsp salsa helps. 4. Use recipes in Lean Cuisine section for pancakes, muffins, brownies.
I use them as I would any kind of eggs (in lieu of regular eggs, and as a medimeal).
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 9th, 2007, 9:57 am

Day three and i'm feeling better. I was tired the first two days and today I feel like I have more energy. I've also felt a little hungrier, but nothing I haven't been able to deal with. Usually when I'm hungry it's because i'm due for one of my supplements.

Since this is my journal, I'll be posting other thoughts and feelings:

My hubby is so sweet. I had asked him to pray and fast for my weightloss. He doesn't care, he loves me the way I am, but I just wanted him to cover me in prayer. He is so sweet. Sometimes I feel like he is nicer and sweeter to me then I am to him. My hubby is getting into a ministry , Crown Financial. I'm so proud of him. I want to stand by him as he takes this leap of faith. It's hard for him to lead, he's an introvert.

I sometimes wonder if he's as proud of me , as I am of him. I think he is, but that is one of the reasons I want to lose this weight. I don't feel like i'm my best for him..kwim?

I watched as my hubby (Deacon) was baptising new believers with our Pastor this morning..My prayer was that I would glorify the Lord by supporting my hubby in his new ministry. My hubby supports me in all that I do...Home schooling (he really believes in that), ministry and now Medifast. He fasted three full days for me...I am such a Blessed woman!!

Thank you Lord!!

Tomorrow is my first weigh in.. :-P
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby MerryMary » June 9th, 2007, 10:05 am

How very blessed you are ... and so is your husband. :heart: Sounds like you have a marriage covenant filled with the grace and love of God! It always does my heart good when I hear/read such beautiful sentiments. :rose:
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Mike » June 9th, 2007, 12:41 pm

Laura,
Sounds like he is a man that I could be friends with too. ;) A man of God and one that I would strive to be more like. What a guy... and a lucky gal. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Weigh In!!

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 10th, 2007, 3:21 am

Good Morning Mary and Mike,

I am very blessed...and most people like my hubby Mike...I'm not just saying that because he's my hubby...He really has a likeable personality and doesn't have a judgemental bone in his body.

On another note:

CHECK OUT MY TICKER!! Oh yea!! :yes: I know it's all water, but i'll take it!! I feel good. Today is actually day 4 for me. I feel good and i'm not as tired...as I sit here typing at 6:18am :D

:cleader:

I haven't been too hungry...my body seems to of handled the transition pretty smoothly. Now, alll I have to do is stay on track and keep my body in ketosis!

Yesterday after the Baptism's was a bbq. I didn't eat a thing. I was able to fellowship without eating. That's a big thing...we seem to do so much socializing that it can really hinder my weightloss, but again, I'm very blessed , my church family is very supportive.

I'm also wondering if anyone them are going to want to do the Medifast program when they see my results. 8)

I received your package Mike...I haven't had a chance to go through it , but I will.
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby Mike » June 10th, 2007, 11:18 pm

Glad all went well so far, and congrats on the loss so far (you can also post this in the Roll call section - each Sunday).

Have a great week. My last before summer break.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 11th, 2007, 2:45 am

Hi Mike,

one week left? :yay: You must be thrilled!! I have alot of friends who are teachers and they start counting the 180 days right from day 1.

My kiddies and I are on the college schedule...we start in August and finish in May. Although I don't think we're going to be able to do that this year. My daughter is leaving for a month long mission trip in two weeks and doesn't get back till the end of July and then both she and my son are going on another mission trip ,the end of August. I'm hoping to start in August and then take a break. We'll see if that happens, my kiddies want to just start when they get back.

I've been doing "ok" with the program. Yesterday I was feeling a little dizzy and I realized that I had only had shakes. I think the shakes are a little lower in calories then the other supplements. Other then that, I'm feeling good. I can feel the difference already. I can't believe that!!
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby holberry » June 11th, 2007, 8:52 am

Good morning !
Popping in to say Hi!
Also , for the dizziness, get some boullion and drink a cup whenever you feel that way. It works wonders! I always have some with me.
Keep going strong!
Holberry
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 11th, 2007, 5:14 pm

Thank Hol for the boulion idea...The salt will help.

Today I was hungrier, but I still did well. I want to exercise, but i'm suppose to wait...how long? I forget how long I'm suppose to wait.
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby Patty » June 11th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Hi Laura -

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi! I am starting tomorrow and this is my first time. I have been reading your journal from the start and have enjoyed the fact that you are just getting started also. I really want to make this work and I just love this site already!

Thanks so much and have a nice evening!
~Patty~

Back on track - 11/23/07

Patty
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » June 12th, 2007, 2:16 am

HappyHomeMaker wrote:Thank Hol for the boulion idea...The salt will help.

Today I was hungrier, but I still did well. I want to exercise, but i'm suppose to wait...how long? I forget how long I'm suppose to wait.

Three weeks.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 14th, 2007, 3:07 pm

Well, I'm still on track and doing well.

I've been a little hungry the past couple of days, but nothing that I couldn't handle.

A little victory that I had was, the other night during a youth ministry at my home, there was pizza ordered....I didn't eat any!!! I just had my creamy broccoli soup. Usually I would've eaten two slices!! :yay: I'm doing the "Happy dance". Later on that evening I was hungry, so I just went to bed.

Other then that, things are busy but not stressful. I think that helps with the weight-loss, keeping stress levels low.
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker

Postby bikipatra » June 14th, 2007, 3:25 pm

Glad you were able to pass up the pizza. :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mike » June 14th, 2007, 3:30 pm

Glad you passed the pizza temptation. 2 Cor 10:13.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal