I got my Magic Bullet & Syrups....Ready to Experiment!!

Add your favorite recipes.

I got my Magic Bullet & Syrups....Ready to Experiment!!

Postby fatBgone » May 13th, 2005, 5:16 am

Good Morning!!
Well, yesterday my Magic Bullet came in that I ordered online for my Mother's Day Gift...I'm excited to start using it today. :toast:

I also picked up a couple of the Davinci Syrups at Marshalls the other day....they didn't have a very good selection to choose from, but I got Vanilla Hazelnut & Rasberry....SOOO, I was wondering if there were any suggestions of what to use those flavors for??? I've been looking through the Lean Cuisine posts, but didn't find much (or any) for these 2 specific flavors. Also, about how much would I add to a shake or oatmeal? I did read that you use less water for how much syrup you use. Well, any suggestions would be appreciated.....thanks!! Have a good day!
:hug:
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 13th, 2005, 7:33 am

Lisa~~I see you buy your own Mother's Day gifts too. ;)

I just got my Magic Bullet (for mother's day also). I don't have a lot of different flavors of syrups either. I pretty much have the ones you mentioned and the PB & caramel ones. One of my fav drinks to make is with the hazelnut syrup. I am not very good at measuring stuff. A trait I picked up from Grandma. :dunno: I use a dutch chocolate shake mix, some crushed ice, about a tsp. of instant coffee, about 8 oz of water, and a glup, glup of syrup. :pour: I zing that up in the MB and SHAZAAM I get a yummy shake that everyone in my house wants to steal from me. :guzzle:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » May 13th, 2005, 7:55 am

Now that you both have a couple of flavors of syrup to play with, you should do a search for DaVinci syrup on line, choose the merchant of your choice and place your order.

Several places carry them, some with better prices than others.......some even give a quantity discount if you buy 12 bottles.......(yes, you can mix and match). There are TONS of flavors from which to choose.

Have fun with your Magic Bullets........they work GREAT!!

Dean
Dean0408

Postby Nancy » May 13th, 2005, 3:31 pm

Raspberry is very good in the Dutch Choc and it makes the Medifast Strawberry shake taste like a July afternoon. I agree, Hazelnut is good in the Dutch Choc and also in the Vaniller with a teaspoon of instant coffee. I use a glug, no measuring here either. Hazelnut is good in the Chocolate Puddin'.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 13th, 2005, 6:07 pm

dangit.........now I need a Magic Bullet too 8) And I really have to try this instant coffee thing.

oh.........and Donica..............ROFLMAO about SHAZAAAM :roflmao:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby dlr2424 » May 13th, 2005, 6:24 pm

Christi.............your ticker is FLYING EAST................. :drive: ..........wow.......at a rapid rate.......30 lb club here you go!!!!!!!!!!!!..... :yay: ....couldn't be happier for you............ ;) (you deserve it.....the wonderful SABO that you are)
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » May 13th, 2005, 10:09 pm

Donna, looks like you are a shoe in for the 30 pound club maybe this week.........(although I remember when it took Rae several weeks to lose a half pound.....that was agonizing) Then Christi will be right behind you in a week or so.

Christi........You DO need a Magic Bullet. Once you have one.......you'll never go back. I truly think Medifast should vend them.........they are a perfect match for the MediShake product line. The bullet makes the shakes taste much better than the old fashioned shaker jar.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby fatBgone » May 13th, 2005, 11:34 pm

Thanks guys for the ideas!!! I haven't tried the syrups yet, BUT I must say that I've used the bullet for every shake today!! It's totally awesome and even just doing it plain - the shakes taste ALOT better & I didn't even think they were bad before. When I used the shaker jar, I never used ice, so I'm sure part of the new flavor is how cold it is because I'm adding some crushed ice in it. But, they are light & airy and...well - just YUMMY!!

I had put my shakes in the blender a couple of times, but had decided it was not worth all the trouble and mess of cleaning up, but the bullet is so small (yet powerful) and I can just drink right out of the cup - so the cleanup is minimal!! So, I can tell ya - I will be an advocate of the Magic Bullet for sure!!

Donica - have you tried yours yet?
Lisa
fatBgone

Bullet

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 14th, 2005, 5:34 am

Lisa and Donica,

Isn't the Magic Bullet the bomb??? First thing this morning (FIRST WEEKEND BY WAY ON MF!) I BULLETed a Dutch Chocolate Shake with 5 oz water and 6 ice cubes. The result wa a malt-shop type of milkshake...soooo good that I wanted to mix again and have another!@!! In fact last night for my final shake, I had a Banana Blitz (and I had previously not liked that flavor) using gthat same technique and it was awesome!!! By the way has anyone seend that infomercial with that australian guy and the blonde for the Magic Bullet??? They have that nasty old broad that they call "Hazel" tha has a cigarrette hanging out of her moth for the whole infomercial??? I thought that was hilarious. But I bought mine from Target. have great day@!!!!!!!!!
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 14th, 2005, 6:33 am

Hey Eddie,
That's hilarious that you're telling us about "Hazel" from the infomercial..... :smoke:

I haven't seen it, but when I was telling my friend that I got a Magic Bullet for Mother's Day she was telling me all about her and how gross & disgusting she was with that cigarette hanging out of her mouth. She swears that there is going to be a skit on Saturday Night Live replaying this because it's sooo funny and unbelievable. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I told her to call me the next time she sees it so I could watch it...and then today - here you are - talking about her!!! How funny!! :lol:

By the way, did you get any strawberry shakes? The banana and strawberry mixed together is totally awesome!! You just use both packs and about 14-18 oz of water and some crushed ice - Bullet It - drink 1/2 and save 1/2 for your next meal....OMG - it's my new favorite!!! :toast:
Lisa
fatBgone

Nasty Old Broad...

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 14th, 2005, 6:57 am

HAHAHHA....It hadn't occurred to me that a skit on SNL might come about. No I haven't tried that but it sounds terrific!!!! I an dilly-dally-ing aroun this morning. I just bought a new home and I had a to-do list a mile long! I think that I will tackle installing a cieling fan in my xtra bedroom this morning. I'm not sure yet.
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX

Postby DonicaB » May 14th, 2005, 10:06 am

Lisa~~ I have been using mine every chance I get. As a matter of fact.......I am slurping on a shake right now. I mixed a Swiss Mocha with some caramel syrup and some ice (and water of course) and YUMMY!

I love the easy clean up........that's for sure.

Eddie I haven't seen the infomercial but it sounds hilarious.

Don't have much time to chat today.......my son has his BIG 8th grade dance tonight and I'm trying to get prepared. See ya tomorrow at Roll Call.

Christi......I love the word SHAZAAM!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Ketann » May 14th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Thanks for posting about your Bullets and how they work. I was thinking of getting one, but wasn't sure and hadn't thought to ask here (duh :-P ). I'm gonna order one since I have at least 2 shakes a day. It may increase to 3 this summer if this machine is what you all are saying it is :).

Hugs and Shakes,

Keturah
Ketann

Postby mamabear » May 14th, 2006, 5:17 pm

I have a Magic Bullet too! And it is awesome!!! As for "Hazel" in the infomercial-I think it is hilarious that she is the one to complain about the smell of garlic when you cut it up! (I think it was garlic) Meanwhile she has that disgusting cigarette in her mouth. :roflmao:
mamabear

Postby DogMa » May 14th, 2006, 5:26 pm

The hazelnut syrup is FABULOUS in hot cocoa or chocolate pudding, and the raspberry is delicious in both as well. I don't drink the shakes, but I would think either one would be good in the chocolate shakes.

Raspberry might also be good in the vanilla berry oatmeal or even the apple cinnamon or peach oatmeals.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine