We are starting today!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

We are starting today!!

Postby mousehouse62 » July 1st, 2006, 6:05 am

Today July 1 my diabetic husband and I are starting MF! We are excited and at the same time apprehensive. We got our "boxes" yesterday and I sat down to sort through the food to put our days in baggies but I am lost on the meal planning. It's 5 and 1 right? His meals are the diabetic ones and I got the Diabetic Guide and referred to that as far as planning meals for 7 days but when I went to pack food.....he only had enough for 21 days! I am so lost but I am NOT going to give up. I am figuring that 5 a day with only 1 bar in that 5 does not make a difference what he eats as long as it is 5 MF meals in a bag. Am I right? I looked and looked on the MF website, looked at all the downloads, printed until my printer was hot and am still confused.
My sweet baboo wants to lose about 30 pounds and I am looking toward 50 pounds. His weight is 182 and mine is 179.
We are doing this together for we know we will need each other for support and dealing with diabetes is a horrible horrible disease. But we will conquer what we need to attend to with MF. I am ready for any information, guidance and support that anyone wants to lend.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest!
Be blessed!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
HUBBY HAS MET HIS GOAL OF 155!!!! Go sweetie!!! :0)
mousehouse62
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby LovenElvis » July 1st, 2006, 6:10 am

You are correct, 5&1 - unless you need to have more calories :)

What did you guys buy, the variety pack or did you select your food?

21 days are ok, just try and remember to order around week 3 that way you don't run out...

I hope this helps
Laura Blake
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 1st, 2006, 7:28 am

You are correct that it's 5 MF items and then 1 L/G. If you didn't get enough food for the month and you purchased the 4 week variety pack then you should contact MF and let them know. Best of luck to you!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Ok, I've sorted through!

Postby mousehouse62 » July 1st, 2006, 9:21 am

Alright.....i sorted, resorted and resorted once again but I think I've got it! Our first challenge......we are going to see the Superman movie and we are HUGE popcorn and soda fans......we are taking a BIG bottle of water and our MF bar to enjoy throughout the movie......My hubby can have some popcorn since he is on the Diabetic diet but I think that Movie popcorn is ladened with "carp" so we will be good and follow through!
We are silly for challenging ourselves on our first day but I think if it was day three.....I'd have to choke the popcorn boy at the movie stand! :roll:
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
mousehouse62

Postby Elke » July 1st, 2006, 10:03 am

Welcome, to the both of you. Just remember not to put too much temtation in front of you this early. The first few days are critical and you will want to stay compliance. Again, its nice to have you and your husband with us.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby TonyR » July 1st, 2006, 1:09 pm

You have already started off on the right foot by making the decision to try and combat the diabetes, and then next win for you was to get all your meals ready for the week so that all you need to think about is the L&G meals which should be a piece of cake( no pun intended and I hope I didn't make you feel like you want a piece of cake !! :shock: !! Keep looking at this board and you will find that many people have very intuitive things to say, and if you have a question, just post like you have here and you will most definately get an ear full of stuff that will keep you pondering! Good luck!
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Janae » July 1st, 2006, 1:29 pm

Just wanted to chime in and say "Welcome"....

You have made a great decision to start and this is a great place to find encouragement and answers to your questions. You will find many kind, helpful and generous people here.

Here's to enjoying the journey...and walking it with you! :D
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Thanks

Postby mousehouse62 » July 3rd, 2006, 9:01 am

Thanks everyone for your words of support!
Hub and I are doing well.....biggest challenge, Not being able to eat FRUIT! I am a fruit-aholic so this is a HUGE challenge for me, but of course I am only on day three so as the days and weeks go by, I think it will become easier. Hubby wants to quit but he's always like that! He'd prefer to weigh 180 lbs and feel like carp instead of taking the challenge but he has me for a wife! We shall do this together.......
Thanks again friends!
This is a great place to come and express!
Be Blessed!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
mousehouse62

Postby Jen » July 3rd, 2006, 9:17 am

Great job so far, you will feel even better in just a few more days!
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen

Fruit

Postby Jan » July 3rd, 2006, 3:39 pm

Hi there,
The diabetic plan has some fruit. So that takes care of your hubby. As for you (I love fruit too) try using the Davinci Sugar free syrups. You can cut a stalk of celery into small slices and soak it in S/F green apple syrup and you'll have sort of an apple. I use the S/F fruit flavored syrups in my stuff too so at least I'll have the taste. When you get to your goal -- fruit will appear again. It will still be around.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 4th, 2006, 8:16 pm

Welcome. It sounds like you're off to a good start. It definitely will get easier. And for movies, the soy crisps are an excellent alternative to popcorn. Nice and crunchy and kinda salty.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Yum!!

Postby mousehouse62 » July 5th, 2006, 9:36 am

Thanks Jan and Dogma!
Those suggestions are great ones! I look forward to trying them.
I am so excited! My hub is down 7 lbs at the start of day 5 and I am down 6 1/2 lbs! WOOHOO!!!! We is celebratin'!!!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
mousehouse62

Postby emarooster » July 5th, 2006, 10:19 am

I feel your pain. I love summer fruit, too. I live in a semi-rural area that has lots of road side stands full of fresh fruit. I have to remind myself that strawberries will come 'round again next year. They will still be sweet and juicy. Cherries will be waiting for me next year, too.

BTW, Welcome
Our family motto: "We Put the FUN in Disfunctional!"
emarooster

WOOHOO!!!

Postby mousehouse62 » July 8th, 2006, 6:35 am

OMG!!!
I am down 10 lbs!!
Hub is down 13 lbs as well as his bs is FABULOUS!!!!
First three days were a little tough but I am sticking to it like glue!
Went to the water park with my cherubs yesterday and I took shakes and my bar and while all around me people were eating junk.....I felt great drinking my shakes and my water. However, next time I need to make our home base closer to the bathroom!!!! :lol:
I am chosen and blessed!!!!!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
mousehouse62

Postby Elke » July 8th, 2006, 9:15 am

YEA!!!! You and hubby are doing great. I know its a good feeling when you see something working. Keep it up!
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.