Starting Today!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Starting Today!

Postby newsluv » December 12th, 2004, 2:20 pm

I'm starting my medifast 5 and 1 plan today. I've had one shake so far and one of those bars, (I think I'm limited to one a day.)
Wish me luck...I guess I'll order more if I see results at the end of the week.

It's interesting, I see how food is such and integral part of my life. It's such a social thing. My husband asks me to go out and eat, my friends called me today and wanted to know if I would like to go out to lunch tomorrow.

How do you all handle these situations?
:-P
newsluv

Postby TamiL » December 12th, 2004, 2:34 pm

Hi Newsluv and welcome!! congrats on starting your medifast journey...stick to it..it really works....JUST DONT CHEAT!! stick to it...as if this is your last chance ever to loose the weight!! and I promise you the weight will come off!! if you cheat...its so hard to get back the DRIVE to do it...and your appetite will come back..and your body will go out of ketosis..and you will be guilty and feel badly..and get yourself on this never ending slip and slide game...and its not FUN!! so heed advice from someone whos been on this program a while...off and on sad to say...JUST DO IT....dont play with it..or nibble or snack...if you stick with it faithfully...IT WORKS!!

as far as going out to lunch/dinner with family and friends...I did what I could to AVOID that in the beginning....or I found a place that I knew I could have a lean/green meal and not RISK going off program...and went there often!! sometimes I did the full fast..with just 5-6 supplements a day (at least 3 shakes and 2-3 other supplements) (that one extra if i needed it to count as 6) and sometimes I did the lean/green....its whatever works best for you that day/week really. sometimes I just tried to AVOID going to dinner and would suggest going out for COFFEE or tea...or going shopping or ANYTHING instead of sitting down to eat..or watch others eat!! the people who know you and understand..will understand!! eating is such a social thing...its hard to avoid...but it all comes down to HOW BADLY you want to loose the weight!! just be polite...tell people that youve already eaten...or that you would rather sit and chat over coffee...or meet up at a shopping mall....whatever works is what you do!!
Goodluck to you and your journey..and remember...this works if you stay faithful to the program...no straying.... ;)
this forum is great....come..post...vent...type your heart out...and someone is always there for you!! :D
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » December 12th, 2004, 6:46 pm

Hello, Howdy Doody and Welcome, newsluv ~

Tami gave you great advice - there are always opportunities to go out or to attend 'fooders' and just know that you have chosen to eat healthy and get healthy for this season of time. You may still be with your family and friends, your focus will be on them and not on the food. Have fun, think slenderly and be happy that you are showing them a new slender way!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » December 13th, 2004, 12:02 pm

Welcome newsluv!

Handling invitations from others when on a diet is sometimes tricky. I decided to go ahead and admit to others that I was on a "medically approved" diet, and therefore couldn't eat or attend. Some people don't tell others they are on a plan to lose weight. Sometimes I don't tell people if I feel they're the type to launch into a dissertation on the evils of diets, etc. etc.

Sounds like you're not fully committed yet to the plan giving it a trial run so I wouldn't tell others yet if I were you. Important to mention though is that once you commit and follow the MF plan, you will lose quicker than any other diet plan out there. It also tastes pretty darn good too which I bet you agree - especially those bars!

Good luck, happy holidays and hope to see you here often!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Thanks!

Postby Newsluv » December 13th, 2004, 1:42 pm

Thanks for your advice! I ordered the two week supply and figured I'd buy more at the end of the week if I can handle it.

I'm doing ok right now, really it hasn't been that difficult for me, maybe because I'm so busy I rarely eat 3 meals a day anyway.
I can't wait to begin seeing results!
Newsluv

Return to The Weight Room