Starting Today

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting Today

Postby bella14 » August 21st, 2005, 6:29 am

I am starting medifast today. I purchased a large quantity of supplies and now is the day that I am going to start my weight loss journey. I am kind of nervous. I was not overweight as a child or a teenager, mine started after I had my son at age 19. My son will be seven next month. He has never seen his mom at a healthy weight. I have been divorced for about a year and a half. I lost 30 lbs with in a few months of the divorce. Now, I have leveled off at around 180. This morning when I weighed I weighed 178.5 I would like to loose 35 lbs to start with and then go from there. I have been visiting this web site since about the end of May. I am encouraged by the success and support of everyone. Thanks for reading my rambling message. Hopefully soon I will have a weight loss success to post for myself.

I hope that everyone has a great day and a wonderful week losing weight and getting healthy!!!
bella14

Postby Emma » August 21st, 2005, 6:56 am

Welcome bella14! You are going to feel soooooo good on this program and you're going to lose those pesky pounds faster than you could imagine. Come here whenever you get discouraged - everyone here is so supportive and nice.

emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Starting Today

Postby bella14 » August 21st, 2005, 7:02 am

Thanks for the encouragement!! I am looking forward to meeting everyone!
bella14
Regular Member - #10 Club

me too

Postby heathhes » August 21st, 2005, 9:49 am

Hey Bella!

I am starting today too. Maybe we can help one another stay in check. The 3rd or 4th day can be the hardest and then you are used to it. Good luck!

Heather
heathhes

Postby martha » August 21st, 2005, 11:01 am

BELLA and Heather--

WELCOME to both of you..You will love this forum as the people are really caring and GREAT!! They will see you through your roughest times and the not so rough times too..:mrgreen: .. I am so proud to have both of you join our forum. and look forward to seeing less of you at our weigh-ins...Have a great week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fatBgone » August 21st, 2005, 11:19 am

Welcome to you both - Bella & Heather!! :stroll:

You will both be thrilled with the success that MF offers for all of us who choose to lose weight (and stay compliant) with this program!!!

This forum is a great place for anyone traveling to Thinville!! I hope you both enjoy your trip!! Come here often for support and questions! This group of losin gals is the greatest!! :trophy:
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Starting Today

Postby bella14 » August 21st, 2005, 11:33 am

Thanks for all of y'all's encouragement.

Heather - I think that it would be great if we could kind of keep up with each other. I am looking forward to both of us posting our own success stories.

Kim
bella14
Regular Member - #10 Club

Is this really possible?

Postby clangev » August 21st, 2005, 3:55 pm

I am considering starting this program also. I am Type II diabetic and am overweight. I need to desperately lose about 50 lbs for my height/weight proportions and also to see if I can get off the oral medications to treat the diabetes.

Is this program really for real? Has anyone had success on the diabetic program?

I am restricted financially, so I really need to make a wise decision regarding buying diet products. I guess I am looking for other success stories.

Thanks for any feedback. I have not started the program yet, but I am considering it very seriously.

Cynthia
clangev

Postby Ash's mom » August 21st, 2005, 4:50 pm

Welcome Bella and Heather...

We are so glad to have you....newbies and oldies alike!! We all encourage and inspire one another to keep shaking!! The more the merrier!!!

Hi Cynthia: We are so glad you have found this forum. I, like yourself was very skeptical about this diet and whether it would work. After stalking the forum for a few weeks, I decided to take the plunge and go for it. I can say with 100% honesty that this program is for real. If you work the program, it will work for you. I personally do not use the diabetic products, but have read about many of the success of those who do and I'm sure they will be chiming in soon.

My only regret is that I didn't start sooner....now after one month I'm almost 20 pounds lighter and have lost one dress size and three inches off my waist!!! If you need further validation of the program's success, please make sure and visit the Roll Call section of the forum and read about everyone's successes and the support we give one another every day.

I sincerely hope you also make the decision to start the Medifast program....you won't regret it!!

Good luck to you and hope to see you around the forum often!!

Have a wonderful week!

Heather
Ash's mom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » August 21st, 2005, 5:17 pm

Ash's mom - I just noticed your stats are almost EXACTLY like mine (which I do not want to post just yet) so I'll be thinking of you as my weight loss "buddy" from now on....You're doing great by the way!

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY

Postby martha » August 21st, 2005, 5:53 pm

Cynthia--

Yes this program is for real :mrgreen: ..I have been here 4 months as of the 18th and have lost a little over 70#. I haven't done the diabetic supplements but they work great I am told..I understand about the money part too but I figured up I spent much more eating out everyday than on this program.. The only difference is we don't notice it as much because we spend a little each day instead of all at 1 time like this program..It makes all the difference in my life.. I know it works. if you follow it as it is laid out...hope this helps--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » August 22nd, 2005, 2:55 am

Bella and Healthhes (and clangev)

Welcome.
:byebye:
The door is aways open to the MakeMeThinner Forum.

We wish you the best of success.

It's :kool: cool you can begin together - Kat and Berk are also beginning this week.

Keep your good :cateye: on one another.

:hi5: Let's gitter done, Folks!

:goteam: :goteam: :goteam: :goteam:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » August 22nd, 2005, 4:02 am

Nancy wrote:It's :kool: cool you can begin together - Kat and Berk are also beginning this week. Keep your good :cateye: on one another.

Hi there all you new peeps! :) and welcome!

Yep, today is really my week #1, last week I got a bit smacked in the head by family woes... but this week, I'm getting on board... just inhaled my MF Oatmeal, and am running out the door to work, hehehe!

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL first week, stay on track through the tough times, and join us on Sunday Roll Call! I'll see you there! :D
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.