Starting Today

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Welcome

Postby Echo » May 17th, 2004, 11:55 am

This really is a supportive group. I borrowed the idea to list reasons why I want to lose weight, and I put my goals in 4lb increments into notepad, along with landmarks along the way. Like, my friend lisa is getting married in September, I should have reached my goal by then. I am going to a concert in a month, etc. And half way I have promised myself an italian charm bracelet.

Weight loss journals are so hard to keep, but in notepad it's easy to open it and add an inspirational quote for the week, challenges, etc. This week when I'm feeling tempted my mantra is 'Own this'. It reminds me that I am in control of what goes into my mouth.

I also found a virtual model on the glamour.com site. You enter your stats, pick the hair color etc. and they create a model in your image. It's nice to see how different outfits will look after subtracting 10-20 lbs.

Remember, everyone, we own this. We can be the biggest group of losers on any message board ever! LOL

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby TypingTrish » May 17th, 2004, 3:49 pm

Hi PrettyFace! Welcome to the best bunch of "losers" anywhere! You are gonna love this place and the results you see with Medifast! I have no doubts whatsoever that you will hit your first goal BEFORE July! I started at just a few pounds under your beginning weight. I started April 18th and I have lost 17.5 pounds in four weeks! Not as much as some experience in the first four weeks, but I'm pleased! I've decided that it's time to kick things into high gear and get out the old Richard Simmons exercise videos and really burn this extra baggage off my body! :exercise:

Again, welcome...glad you are here and hope to cya around often! :wavie:

:puter: Trish
TypingTrish
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby ILOVEMY DOG! » May 17th, 2004, 3:58 pm

Echo,
Do you enjoy crafts? I enjoy making things and have found that by having a project to work on there is less time to think of being hungry. You may want to do a search for crafts or hobbies on the internet. I find myself getting "lost" in a project and forgetting about other things (such as food) for a few hours at a time! Joannes and Michaels look out! Here comes Wendy!

Wendy :)
When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.
- The Buddha (6th cent BC)

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
- Abraham Lincoln
ILOVEMY DOG!

Postby ILOVEMY DOG! » May 17th, 2004, 4:02 pm

Sorry! I addressed Echo not Pretty. I'm rather absent minded today! Although Echo I do want to say hello to you as well! :)

Wendy
When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.
- The Buddha (6th cent BC)

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
- Abraham Lincoln
ILOVEMY DOG!

Postby marge » May 17th, 2004, 5:56 pm

Pretty Face welcome to our Road to thinness..its a wee bit tough going the first few days but keep posting and posting and shaking and shaking and with all of us behind you ..you will get through the rough times :lol:

Keeping reading the posts...as I do

hugs

marge

200/183/150

:goteam:
marge
Preferred member

Postby Marseilles » May 17th, 2004, 7:18 pm

Welcome, PrettyFace.

So glad to have you aboard..this group of people are your biggest supporters and greatest fans, we are all wishing you the BEST success.

Looking forward to hearing lots from you, best of luck!!

Keep on shaking!!

-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Previous

Return to Come on in.