Starting Today

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting Today

Postby Pretty Face » May 17th, 2004, 6:00 am

Hello all, allow me to introduce myself. I'm "Pretty Face", or at least thats what everyone says to me when they meet me. As in " You have such a pretty face, if only you werent so fat", hahahah or "You have such a pretty face, why dont you lose some weight", or "You have such a pretty face, if you lost weight, i m sure you could find a handsome man to marry you", I could go on forever, but i m sure many of you have heard it all before. They dont complete the whole thought, but those are my beliefs as to what they are saying when they tell me I have such a pretty face. Well my story is, I was a fat child which turned into a fat teen and then on to an obese adult. I am tired of the day to day struggles which my weight causes. I have tried several methods to lose weight, and after each one I felt like a worse failure than the time before. I have been reading the post here and I know what a supportive bunch of folks you are, but I also know that I am the one who has to do this. I have had my products about 2 months and always had one reason or another as to why I couldnt start. Well excuses ran out today and I got up this morn and had my first shake followed by a 16oz bottle of water. I look at some of the post and get mad at myself because i could have been at my first goal by now. I weigh 325 and my first goal is to be down to 300 by july 4th. I know I have a long weigh to go, but if i break it down then maybe i will be able to stick to this. So with fingers crossed and shakes in hand, I am hoping this will be the start of my new life.
Pretty Face

Postby Carrie » May 17th, 2004, 6:07 am

I'm glad you've made the decision to start. It isn't easy, but I believe we can do it!

I get the 'pretty face' one a lot ...... that and 'you have such a beautiful smile'. Ugh.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » May 17th, 2004, 6:17 am

:) Hi pretty one!
I am starting today as well! The shakes are pretty good and my husband who started today also found them to be rather tasty! Keep in touch throughout the day and tell us how things are going. Harvest your dream!

We will do this! :)
Wendy

Postby ILOVEMY DOG! » May 17th, 2004, 6:21 am

hmmmmmmmm that funny thing happened again with my profile...I have to remember to log in from the website...

Just wanted you to know who WENDY is! ;)
When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.
- The Buddha (6th cent BC)

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
- Abraham Lincoln
ILOVEMY DOG!

Postby Landylue » May 17th, 2004, 7:38 am

Yesss! I've heard that back-handed compliment a thousand times! Geez! In a matter of months, though, you won't ever have to hear those 'lines' again.

I want to extend a HUGE welcome to the forum to you! I have a very good feeling regarding you already. I PROMISE you that you are soooooo going to hit your first goal way before July! You have come to the perfect place to do it. During the next couple of weeks, if you stick with the program, you are going to see that scale plummet! It WILL happen! Believe it!

The first few days were a bit rough for some of us because of the letting go of food as a crutch, so stay close to the forum. You'll find the support here invaluable! I practically LIVED on the computer for the first few weeks!

Good luck, and I can hardly wait to start reading your success stories!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jeanette » May 17th, 2004, 7:50 am

Welcome, Pretty Face!

Yep I agree--you'll be to your first goal way before then! Once you reach it, you'll just have to revise it.

Best of luck!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Pretty Face » May 17th, 2004, 8:45 am

Hello all, its me again. Doin ok so far. Had my second shake and second bottle of water. Did some housekeeping that should have been taken care of a long time ago. Trying to keep busy and keep my mind off food. Stomach is growling, but i dont think i m hungry, just used to eating all thru the day. Thanks for all the support that you have already given me. I have already set a bar aside because i think i m gonna need it. So I will keep posting and hopefully I will be able to do this.
Start date 5/17/04
Start weight 325
First goal 300 by 7/04/04
Pretty Face
First Post

Postby Landylue » May 17th, 2004, 9:06 am

Good girl! You know, there are quite a few of us out on the forum from time to time all through the day, so reach out when you can.

I was amazed at how often I had gotten into the habit of reaching for food out of everything from anger to procrastination to boredom. Again, breaking the habit of using food as a crutch will be a real eye-opener for you, as it was for many of us. Instead of eating, get on the forum and write out what you are feeling. We've all been there. You won't say anything that we haven't felt ourselves. I think the key is to use this forum at first like a crutch itself, and then as we get stronger and more confident and we are running under our own steam, we'll even start to pick up others that have stumbled along the way to offer them support.

It is definitely a TEAM EFFORT.

By the way, I am proud of you.

Landylue
Landylue

Postby explorthis » May 17th, 2004, 9:32 am

Trying to keep busy and keep my mind off food. Stomach is growling, but i dont think i m hungry, just used to eating all thru the day

P/F, Welcome. You said it perfectly, stomach is growling, because you’re used to eating what you want, when you want, and however much you want. I think this is a huge mind game. You have to get used (mentally) to a new thinking, and realize the cravings will pass as you become more accustomed to Medifasting. Be patient.

Even Landylue understands it’s a habit, weather it’s boredom, or just plain wanting something to eat for no reason.

I had gotten into the habit of reaching for food out of everything from
anger to procrastination to boredom.

Nancy has said numerous times, food is just like fuel for the car, believe it or not, you will survive on just the bare minimum. It takes time to learn new habits, but if you are patient, it will work I promise!

Be faithful…

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

pretty face

Postby saira » May 17th, 2004, 9:49 am

hey girl!!!

welcome....i havent been around too long but i can tell you, you will be happy that you came here. You get ALOT of support here....just stick with it..and i know you will make it!!!

by the way...i've gotten that pretty face comment too! or "wow, your so intelligent...or smart....(but fat!)" *barf*

we will make it!!
saira
You want some of this?
saira

Postby Landylue » May 17th, 2004, 10:46 am

Mike: "Even Landylue"...?!?

Hellooooooooo!!!

:tongue:

Landylue
Landylue

Postby explorthis » May 17th, 2004, 11:09 am

I am sure for some reason this "tongue" person was bestowed on (at) me, but I must be missing something.

???
explorthis

Postby Landylue » May 17th, 2004, 11:52 am

Just messin' with ya, Mike.

In your post above, you stated, "Even Landylue understands it’s a habit..." Usually when the word 'even' is used, there's something going unsaid, but, at the same time, understood.

However, mostly I was just messin' with ya. Let's don't let this thread get off subject here. It's more important to show our best support to Pretty Face. I really do have a feeling that she is going to be one of the more remarkable success stories on the forum.

Landylue
Landylue

Postby welcome » May 17th, 2004, 11:52 am

welcome to our family, you won't be sorry you came here i promise. Everyone here is so understanding and genuinely cares for one another. I am a newbie too but it has been so much easier for me with the support of everyone. You can do this I'm glad you took the starting steps and started shaking with us.

Amanda
welcome

Postby Amanda » May 17th, 2004, 11:55 am

that was me above it sometimes logs me out. hmmm.
Peace & Love,
Amanda

Start Date: 5/14/2004

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda
Regular Member - #30 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.