Aerie journal

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Serendipity » August 18th, 2006, 10:50 am

Love Lyle, Love Ashville, Love the Biltmore.....SO JEALOUS!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby ascicles » August 18th, 2006, 10:53 am

Yeah, Asheville is a great town. It is probably my second favorite town in the state, behind Raleigh (where I currently live).
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Aerie » August 18th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Didn't know you lived in Raleigh. I lived there while in vet school. I went to NC State College of Veterinary Medicine. I lived on Glenwood Ave right near Peace Street. Great neighborhood. That was about 6 years ago.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Aerie » August 18th, 2006, 3:49 pm

Got my hair done today. My hairdresser told me

Her: "You look great"
Me: I'm on a diet. I've lost 40 pounds"
Her: "You can really see it in your face. So what are you eating?"
Me: "Well you guys know the answer to that question...

She got a BIG tip. :mrgreen:

I feel little today. Me! Little!
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 19th, 2006, 4:46 am

Serendipity wrote:Love Lyle, Love Ashville, Love the Biltmore.....SO JEALOUS!

Tell ya what I'll trade your 100 pounds for my tickets ;)

Happy Saturday everyone. So I'm deep into The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. Stayed up super late reading it. This book was written in post revolutionary Russia and was suppressed by the communist party for 26 years. It's a satirical parody on corruption,good, evil and greed. Jesus, Satan, a vodka drinking cat named Behemoth, a firey red head named Margarita, and Pontius Pilot are some of the main characters.

You see they all apparate in post revolutionary Russia and wreak havoc on an artistic community....

If you enjoy more challenging literature this book is great. I'll warn you though I am having to make notes in the margins to keep all the unusual russian names straight.

This is the Book of the Month (Banned Book Month) for September in my on line book club (which I recommend to all you readers. www (dot) bookandreader (dot) com

Bought three new titles yesterday; The Expected One - Kathleen McGowan, The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists/In and Adventure with Ahab - Gideon Defoe, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - Susanna Clarke. I have about 60 books in my to be read pile on my desk and too many to count in my been read pile. It's an obsession and I can't stop! I read two and I buy 5. My defense is that someone is going to inherit a very SWEET library when I die!
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 19th, 2006, 10:57 am

Today I squeezed my butt into a pair of 13/14 Jordache jeans that I bought for inspiration, maybe about 3 weeks ago. I even zipped them up without lying down. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

So today I bought a pair of 12's. 12's can you imagine? Three weeks, three weeks, three weeks and I'll be in those babies. ;)

I think some people may be wondering why with just a modest weight loss I'm dropping sizes so fast. 24 to a 13/14 in 40 pounds. I just wanted to point out that I'm normally a size 2 and I have a tiny frame. So I really have a very long way to go.

The flip side is you can see every single ounce when I start gaining. Just 4 pounds or so shows right on my ass! :x
Aerie

Postby alpha femme » August 19th, 2006, 11:44 am

hey! congrats on your shrinkage.
:yes:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Aerie » August 19th, 2006, 5:41 pm

Thanks chickie!
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 20th, 2006, 5:31 pm

So now I'm at the realization that the diet is going to be tested on this mini trip to Asheville. As many of you know I'm fairly pragmatic about my diet. I try not to be too all or nothing because that leads me to if "I'm not perfect then I should just quit!" I eat a bar for breakfast (shame) and I drink a couple of glasses of wine or beer some weekends. I cut out one or two meals per day on the weekends too, to accomodate for the (empty) calories of the wine. Hey it's good for my heart and an important part of my weekend relaxation ritual.

That being said, within the boundaries of my modified rules I don't "cheat" often either. Only once I think, since I started MF. I'm just not that tempted. However, I am a bit nervous about Asheville. I know me. I won't be cooking soup at the restaraunt table sooooo..... my plan is to bring enough RTD's for 3 meals a day, one bar per day and soy crisps for once per day. Plus lots of bottled water. That leaves me open to have a L&G for one (or two) per day depending. I'm a seafood addict so I won't be too tempted by pasta and the like and a cup of coffee with Splenda easily replaces dessert for me. As I've mentioned before I usually only eat 4 meals a day when I have a L&G (yes I know I'm bending the rules) but it's all I can get in and I'm losing so if it ain't broke.....

I also plan on enjoying the winery. That DOES make me a little nervous...

Speaking wine; on Friday I bought a lovely white from Spain called Las Brisas 2005 Pinot Grigio. (World Market $8.99- $13.99) Just the perfect summer wine, dry, crisp and citrus. So good on the front deck with "The Master and Margarita". And hey I woke up thinner on Saturday.....

One thing I have noticed about our little group. There are some really amazing women here. Very smart, very sucessful, very attractive, very funny. I wonder what it is that we all have in common that gets us into trouble with our weight? Is it, (like for me), succeed, succeed, succeed, help other, help others, help others.......awwwww I'm just to tired to help myself, I'll eat some ice cream instead.
Aerie

Postby JeepGirl » August 20th, 2006, 6:45 pm

YAY Doc on the jeans! That is awesome!! That is cool your hairdresser noticed and actually said something. Mine didnt say anything to me but later that evening asked my little Sis if I was on a diet cause I looked different when I was in the salon earlier~~So at least she did notice!

I bet you will handle Asheville just fine & dandy! As for the wine..with you being into wine, you will LOVE the Winery! I dont like wine and I truely enjoyed that part of the Estate!

You are doing great and as you said when we hit the beach the tiki guys are gonna go nuts! I told Craig @ it and he just laughed...then 30 mins later said...Would you really let someone else come on our trip? :poke:
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Aerie » August 21st, 2006, 3:47 pm

Well I just had a crappy, the world is against me day, today. All hospital related and really I don't even want to get into it.... Put it this way when I got home I opened the fridge and as I was grabbing my liter bottle of water I said to my hubby. "I'm glad I'm on this freakin' diet because I could drink myself into a coma right now". :x The good part though is I stuck to plan like glue. I've learned in just 3 months that food is a poor panacea and it's not worth the price.

Well it's 6:40 pm but the cable is out and I'm just going to bed. Yup it was that bad of a day.....
Aerie

Postby lauradr » August 21st, 2006, 3:55 pm

So sorry you had a bad :hug: Glad you stayed with it..
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 21st, 2006, 4:02 pm

*Hugggs Doc* We all have those days from time to time!
I am glad you were strong and didnt stray!! YAY!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » August 21st, 2006, 4:06 pm

Awww, sorry, Doc. The good news is tomorrow has to be better, right? Good for you for not trying to drown your sorrows in food OR booze.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » August 21st, 2006, 6:05 pm

I look forward to those ridiculously crappy days.

It means tomorrow can only be better....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal