Christy's journal

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Christy's journal

Postby fedup » September 15th, 2005, 10:28 am

DAY 1
Okay, I'm such an "all or nothing person", and it's something I have to change.... I did so good the first time around on MF. No cheats and great progress....Now it seems like I'm slipping and sliding and failing all over the place. :cry: I know you're all in the boat with me, and you are all such a great support that I feel it's okay to "come clean." I responded in another thread about how bad I've been doing lately with my MF.

I'm bigger than I've ever been, and I need to change it now before it becomes something I cannot conquer. I'm feeling really scared today, coming off of so many failures I keep trying to keep myself empowered and focused.... There is so much stress in my life right now, but I cannot keep turning to food, 'cause my weight is probably my biggest stress of all. I am tired, do not look remotely like my former self, can barely do anything active. I feel "weighed down" emotionally and physically....

So, today is "D" day, decision day! Do I accept this body and continue this way, or do I fight to change. So, I'm back in the fight. I'm 1/2 way through the day, I miss food, but I'm not cheating. I've had 2 shakes so far. I'm so shaky today that I'll probably post more later... I'm trying to have shakes early in the day and save my bar and soup for last because I"m a big "late eater" and want the "best for last..."

So here's my new daily journal.... which hopefully will be much more long lasting and successful than my last... I'm trying to build up my inner strenght and dedication here, and I really feel like I can do this....
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » September 15th, 2005, 12:13 pm

Christy................ :hug: ............sometimes life can be so challenging and our urges to eat very overwhelming..... :twisted: ....I empathize with you..... :bighug: ......But BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT and YOUR WORTH IT.........the rewards of health far outweigh the moments foody pleasure..... :angel: .....my prayers are with you

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Guest » September 15th, 2005, 12:51 pm

Hang in there!

You can do this. Set tiny goals for yourself at first. Try to stay on program for 10 days. At the end of 10 days, give yourself 1 meal off program with no guilt. Then stay compliant for 10 more days. When you are hungry, remind yourself that you just have to hold out for a couple more hours (or however long) and then you can eat again. That was the hardest for me in the beginning. I would eat and 10 minutes later I would be watching the clock for the next moment to eat.

Eat every 3 hours! Get creative with your lean and green. Use it as an excuse to try new food and new cooking methods. If you are going to splurge, plan it and savor every bite. When you are eating your lean and green focus on sloooowing down. Enjoy each bite and the textures. Put down the knife and fork between bites. I'm horrible about inhaling my food, so slowing down is quite a lesson for me to learn. When I'm not so good, and wolf down my food, I notice I'm like "what now... it's all gone..." So I make a cup of decaf tea, and by the time I'm done sipping and relaxing, I feel perfectly satisfied.

Don't forget that you can have any combo of supplements a day. Eat what ever fills you up the most. I love the oatmeal and soups and warm things, so I tend to eat those more than the shakes.

MF is magical in that it does work and can work quickly. However, we have to find the lessons we need to learn to be successful. Identify what has held you back in the past and use your time with MF to create new habits. Don't restrict yourself to 6 shakes a day because you think it will be faster. Start with the 5/1 and see how that goes. This will only work if it is something you can do. I don't think I would have the willpower to only do supplements. This program is already a drastic change. Make it something you'll enjoy, not something to dread.

You are not alone. We all face struggles on this journey. You will make it through this!

--jentuke

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2005, 11:53 pm

I'd suggest another non-foody reward for completing 10 days of success - like a new magazine, a trip to the music store, a visit with a good friend, three hours at Barnes and Noble and a manicure, etc.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » September 16th, 2005, 3:21 pm

I too believe that you can do this. I'm excited by the thought of 100 days of being perfectly compliant, but I know that probably is not in the cards for me. So I slowly crawl along to the finish line and do the best that I can. I do have to say though when I don't cheat or slip, I am rewarded weekly on the scale. Maybe start with a 7 day challenge, do like Nancy suggested and get a manicure or some other non-foody reward, then add another 7 days on to that and so on.

Good luck, we all believe you can do it, now all you have to do is believe too!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » September 19th, 2005, 12:31 am

but I know that probably is not in the cards for me.

:shades: And why not?

:shock: Sheesh! If you are a Mommy to 2 Girls then you carried them each for 9 months - if you could do THAT for 18 months, I think you can be compliant for 100 days...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room