Aerie journal

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Aerie » August 30th, 2006, 3:51 pm

45, 45 I can almost taste 45#s. 16's are actually feeling a little lose today and it's that time of the month so I'm gettin' hungry for it. Then it will be on to 50# now that's a number to be proud of and probably the most weight I've even lost on a diet. I've got 5 weeks to get to 50# and make my next goal. That (and I don't want to jinx myself) looks really doable right now.

Soooooo if I continue to lose at about 10 pounds per month, my average rate I'll be at like 75 pounds by Xmas. That means new clothes in Santa's sack for me. :mrgreen:

Well I'm going to DC in October for a Surgical Conference. Looking forward to it quite a bit. Kinda hoping the hubby will stay home. That will allow me to linger at the museums as loooooong as I like and also less urge to splurge. We'll see. He hates to be alone so he may want to tag along, which will also be fun but a little more MF challenging. Personally I enjoy time alone. Comes from being an only child and a latch key kid. Plus my total obsession with books. I enjoy the solitude and quite of spending time by myself. And oh the luxury of sleeping alone for a night of two. Pure heaven no snoring....... Don't get me wrong after a night or two I do get lonely but at first it's great!

Well I'm excited about weighing tomorrow morning. Hoping to see even more of a loss.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 30th, 2006, 7:02 pm

Oh Doc! I want to go to DC with ya--No fellas! I love love love spending time there but hubby isnt into the museums and such as I am! We are thinking about aking the kids for their 1st time this Spring and I am soo excited!

BTW--not sure if I mentioned it or not but my daughter wants to be a Vet when she grows up! She is such an animal lover and that is all she talks about. I worked at one for a few years while in college and I Loved every minute of it!

I have started Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell..normally I fly through a book but this time I am having a hard time getting started...it may be that my eye exam is late(actually going in the morning) and I need new glasses bad so the tiny wording gives me a headache. I hope I enjoy better soon!

You are doing Great! Cant wait to see how your weigh-in is!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Aerie » August 31st, 2006, 3:34 am

That settles it you and I have got to plan a little mini trip. How much fun would that be?! And no guys. I just happen to have a convertable Mercedes we could drive. We'll have to do a spa day too......Now you're really talking girls only!

On this trip I'm planning on revisiting the American History Museum and hitting one of the Art Museums. I try not to spread myself too thin because you miss so much if you hurry ya know?

So your daughter wants to be a vet. Best job in the world! Tell her I said she has to do super well in school. There are hundreds of applicants for each seat in a typical vet school class. So tell her to study hard. It's definitely worth all the work though. Every day is an adventure. How old is she?

OOh you're reading the Clarke book? I'll be starting it soon we'll chat once I get rolling. The book club members really liked it so maybe it's just a slow start?

Well today is my last day at the office this week. That's right guys a three day weekend. Ahhhh I can barely wait til 5 o'clock......

I'll check back in then.
Aerie

Postby Aerie » September 1st, 2006, 6:21 am

My weight loss is flat as a pancake. When oh when will my period ever get here :x
Aerie

Postby JeepGirl » September 1st, 2006, 7:51 am

YAY! I am so there!! Girl Weekends Rock!!(course they prob rock more now since it has been like 10 yrs since I have been on one LOL)

She is 7. She has always said it was a toss up between a Vet and a RockStar ..but since she has severe stage fright I think the Vet will be the winner! She loves school at the moment so hopefully that will stick with her!

I am hoping it picks up. I actually put it on hold a few days and yesterday while it was rainy and dreary I read Montana Skies by Ann Bell. I am almost done and cried most of the way through the book so far.

YAY at the 3 day weekend! My kids are soo excited lol I am tooas we are going to pick up more wood for our home office..and 3 full days of working on it should get it close!!

Enjoy the weekend!
JeepGirl

Postby kendra_m » September 1st, 2006, 7:52 am

Hi Doc! I'm new around these parts... just posted my first journal entry and have enjoyed reading thru yours. I'm a voracious reader as well.

Just read a couple of good books.... one was The Memory Keepers Daughter, a well crafted story. And the other was called Inappropriate Men, which was a total total hoot! So funny....not real deep.... a great beach read!

Congrats on your impressive weight loss...I'm so anxious to get started on my road to losing!

Kendra
kendra_m

Postby Aerie » September 1st, 2006, 5:04 pm

Hi Kendra. I've eyed the Memory Keepers Daughter a few times in the bookstore and a few people in my online book club have read it I think. With your recommendation, perhaps I'll pick it up.

Thanks for calling my weight loss impressive. That's quite a compliment.

So guys after all my Hooraying about by 3 day weekend guess where I am right now and will be until 8 am tomorrow, at the hospital. sigh..... Oh well at least it's a bit slow right now and I've got some time to catch up with ya'll. We lost power at home for a couple of hours this morning. Thankfully the generator was up and running soon. Unfortunately no hot water so no shower today. Hopefully the extra deoderant layer is working and I don't stink too bad. :roll:

So I got no sleep on Tuesday (1.5) hours doesn't count, then Wednesday night I tossed and turned all night and got nothing again. So last night I took a Tramadol that my hubby had left over from when he broke his femur in a riding accident. Weellllll......... let me tell you I slept like a rock. As a matter of fact after I got up for an hour in the morning I went right back to sleep until 2pm. If I didn't have to come in to the hospital I'd probably still be sleeping. That is great stuff but I couldn't imagine having to take it for pain and going to work every day like my hubby used to. Luckily he hasn't had to take them since he had his pin removed from his femur a few months ago. I'm super sensitive to drugs since I really don't take many, maybe and aspirin or occasional Tylenol. I'm certainly well rested now but whew I won't be taking that again soon. I can see how they could become addictive. I feel like a mellow mushroom right now. :mrgreen:

Just about done with The Expected One. It's finishing up pretty much like I expected but as I mentioned the predictability of the plot isn't really bothering me. I'm just enjoying watching it unroll. It's a light read with nice imagery and no thinking required. Perfect for the mood I'm in these days.

So has anyone else experienced amenoria (no periods- or inconsistent periods) on MF. I'm only having my period like every other time. I take birth control but it dosen't seem to help. Not really a problem for me but it's a bit curious.

OOps gotta go deal with an agressive cat. I'll be back.
Aerie

Postby Aerie » September 1st, 2006, 6:37 pm

Okay I'm back to finish my thoughts then I've got some work to do.

Just wanted to write down a list of mini goals for my own future use.

1. Lose 40# by hubby's B-Day
(August 26th - accomplished this one)
2. Lose 50 # by my wedding anniversary October 7th
That's 7 pounds away so 1.4 pounds per week X 5 weeks.
3. Size 8 (even if tight) by Xmas
Thats about 30 # or 1.8 # per week X 16 weeks

My ultimate victory would be to be at goal by my birthday that's 73# or 2.6 pounds per week for 28 weeks. I'm just too intimidated to make this an official goal because I don't do defeat well.

We'll make this an unofficial goal until I get closer then I'll re-evaluate and see if I think it's doable. If by X-mas it's not looking favorable then I'll adjust to something I feel confident I can manage. Regardless I plan to be a lot thinner by the time I hit 37. :birthday:
Aerie

Postby Aerie » September 2nd, 2006, 2:16 pm

On my God! I went shopping at Old Navy today. That in itself is a huge NSV because I haven't been into a woman's clothing store in YEARS. I've been buying everything online or in the plus section at Walmart, how depressing. Well today I finally got the courage to walk in. I didn't feel like the fatests girl in the store either. Yippee!!

But here is the cake topper.... I bought 2 pairs of size 12 pants!!!!!!!!! Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12Size 12

Oh yeah that's right size 12's zipped and buttoned and not obscene. I feel pretty today!!!
Last edited by Aerie on September 2nd, 2006, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aerie

Postby lauradr » September 2nd, 2006, 5:05 pm

drmjwdvm, WTG!! i wanted to let you know how much I love to read your post.
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Checkie » September 2nd, 2006, 6:52 pm

Hello!!!

OH size 12!!! I can only imagine how HAPPY that made you feel!!!!

I'm hoping to be in a 12 by Christmas!

Congrats Doc!!
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Aerie » September 2nd, 2006, 8:00 pm

Lauradr: thanks for reading my journal and for the kind words.

Checkie: You're a hottie. NIce to see your face.

Well I am really looking forward to weigh in in the morning. I've been creeping slowly downward and I want a number to cement a loss for the week. I weighed 2X today, something I NEVER do but I've been nervous about my progress lately. Well I'm still going down and I think I'll have a reasonable number to report in the AM, a little more than a pound I think. Not really sure why I'm slowing down but I'm pretty happy with how I feel so I'm not ready to change anything at this point. Plus my sizes have dropped quite a bit int the last couple of weeks so I known I'm getting smaller if not much lighter.
Aerie

Postby JeepGirl » September 3rd, 2006, 7:08 am

Doc~~ a size 12 is awesome!! I loooove Old Navy and cant wait to be in something besides their XXL sizes :?

Great mini-goals!!
JeepGirl

Postby Aerie » September 3rd, 2006, 7:09 am

Well I was PLEASANTLY surprised at weigh. 3.9 for the week sliding me right past my much awaited 45# lost to 46.3 pounds of lard gone! Thank you MF! Well I'm off for some coffee and the bookstore. It's going to be a great day! :mrgreen:
Aerie

Postby JeepGirl » September 3rd, 2006, 7:13 am

WOW what an awesome Loss for ya!! Congrats! Have a great day!
JeepGirl

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal