My Journal Rules

1 Thread per registered User.

My Journal Rules

Postby Unca_Tim » June 7th, 2006, 8:10 pm

OK Guys,
We've had several requests to add a journal section to the forum (I think DogMa just resurfaced it in a recent post), so here it is.

This will only be accessible to registered users.

Name your personal thread your registered user "Screename".
All new posts not given the name of a registered user will be moved.
1 thread (post) per registered user.

What I'd like everyone to do is, make 1 post per user and keep your own journal, diary, thoughts, etc... in your personal post.

Registered users are able to reply, add or comment in your journal.

Let me know if you have any other ideas for this room.

Who's brave enough to be the first?
:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
User avatar
Unca_Tim
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: July 15th, 2003, 11:33 pm
Location: The Great Northwest

Postby Joelie » June 7th, 2006, 8:29 pm

GREAT idea!

I have a suggestion.

Maybe instead of registered users being able reply, add or comment IN the journal...how about a separate thread for replying, adding or commenting so the journalist can pick up where he/she left off without having to wade through tons of posts etc.
Not that we don't LOOOOOVE ALL the comments...cuz we all do! ;)

Of course I have no clue if that would even work without having to lock each persons journal or if it would even be possible to only allow the journalist access to post in his/her own journal. Ok...I'm starting to ramble! Just a thought. :lol:


And NO...I am NOT brave enough to be the first one! :lol:
User avatar
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club
 
Posts: 846
Joined: March 9th, 2006, 9:23 pm
Location: TEXAS

Postby emarooster » June 7th, 2006, 11:08 pm

Cool idea. I'll go ahead on in. You east-coasters can join me tomorrow.
Our family motto: "We Put the FUN in Disfunctional!"
User avatar
emarooster
Trusted Member - #20 Club
 
Posts: 68
Joined: May 28th, 2006, 2:28 am
Location: Northern CA

Postby DogMa » June 8th, 2006, 12:37 am

I'm next!! Thanks, Tim!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
Image
User avatar
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club
 
Posts: 6657
Joined: June 9th, 2005, 5:40 pm
Location: North Texas

Postby DogMa » June 8th, 2006, 12:40 am

Oh, Joelie, it's nice to let others post in your journal. On my previous group, we used them as a place to catch up with friends or even sometimes talk about stuff not related to diet or exercise.

It's nice to have a place to talk about stuff that maybe everyone else isn't interested in, and then it doesn't clutter up the other areas so much.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
Image
User avatar
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club
 
Posts: 6657
Joined: June 9th, 2005, 5:40 pm
Location: North Texas

Postby Joelie » June 8th, 2006, 4:42 am

Ah! I hadn't looked at it that way. ;)
Then again...I've never done a journal for anything either. :lol:
User avatar
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club
 
Posts: 846
Joined: March 9th, 2006, 9:23 pm
Location: TEXAS

Postby Unca_Tim » June 8th, 2006, 8:58 am

Just wanted to add.....

This is your own personal thread to do whatever you please with.
It doesn't have to be Medifast related.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
User avatar
Unca_Tim
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: July 15th, 2003, 11:33 pm
Location: The Great Northwest

Postby Out*With*The*Old » January 25th, 2008, 7:08 pm

Unca_Tim wrote:Just wanted to add.....

This is your own personal thread to do whatever you please with.
It doesn't have to be Medifast related.
Last edited by Out*With*The*Old on May 12th, 2008, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: October 1st, 2007, 6:02 pm

Postby Loribug » January 25th, 2008, 8:17 pm

ditto! I kind of liked that little fairy.... :-P
User avatar
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club
 
Posts: 298
Joined: January 23rd, 2006, 9:05 pm
Location: Brandon, Mississippi

Postby Unca_Tim » January 26th, 2008, 1:25 am

Out*With*The*Old wrote:
Unca_Tim wrote:Just wanted to add.....

This is your own personal thread to do whatever you please with.
It doesn't have to be Medifast related.


Could you please explain what this means, exactly? Based on numerous conversations on the topic of 'journals' being our own space, we can chat off topic and even say what we feel since it is OUR personal journal - I thought the rule was 'it doesn't have to be MF related and we can do whatever we please'.

Do you actually think anything should be allowed? Should we draw no lines?

However, given the recent changes made to my journal (removal of a pic of a fairy/man without a shirt), I'm confused - which is it?

I am told someone found it offensive - - but there are men's pictures in the Studio without shirts - and that should be 'more public' than my journal.

That is our decision to show before/after pics of actual forum members showing results of the products that this forum is about. There are also pics of a tummy tuck that are very graphic, but after deliberation we feel it adds value to the purpose of this forum.

In addition, I was told that it shouldn't be posted because it wasn't MF related - but these rules say that non-MF stuff is OK in our journals.

Is a fairy really worth taking up both your and my time. After several complaints, we decided it wasn't appropriate or needed in the context of this forum.

I'm really confused and would love clarity -- because, to be honest - and I think this is obvious - I feel unfairly singled out. There are other pictures on this forum far more provocative than the abs Mary posted in my journal.

As we discussed in the chat room today, if you have problems with any language or images on the forum, let me know.



My comments added in bold.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
User avatar
Unca_Tim
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: July 15th, 2003, 11:33 pm
Location: The Great Northwest

Postby lifelovinaries » January 26th, 2008, 7:53 am

Unca, i know that kym was upset when posting this but i think she has VALID points to which you have responded. HOWEVER, i think what is happening here is many places on the forum, there are pics and/or comments that individuals may not agree with or find acceptable but no one complains and they are not removed. No one complains, because there is no reason TO complain. The way i look at it is...it is my choice to read/view it or not. If I find something that i don't necessarily agree with, i have the choice to not go back to it. When we had the discussion about our previous signature before, you said the primary problem with it was that, since it was in the signature, it would appear ALL OVER the forum and would never "go away". You stated that if it had just been in the journal, it would have eventually "disappeared" (getting so far back in the thread that no one really sees it anymore). Isn't this the case with the fairy pic? It would have eventually "disappeared"? I can truly understand kym's point about feeling singled out. We joke around so much with each other and others on the board that the word scrutiny is beginning to come to mind. I know as moderator, this is your job. No, I don't think ANYTHING should be allowed, I do believe that lines have to be drawn. I accepted the scale w**re thing because, with an open mind and reading some posts (esp. Tawanda's) i see how the word could be offensive to some, and you were right, in our sig, it would have appeared EVERYWHERE, continually offending. Your point was made and accepted. However, in the case of this "scale fairy", it is much different. Just as you try to get others to see your point, i am just explaining the other side of the fence. I think we need to look at WHO it is that is complaining. Is it just one person or is it 10? Is it the same person/people all the time? Do they complain about others all the time? Does it seem to be someone that just doesnt care for kym (or me for that matter)? Of course, these are rhetorical questions, i don't expect you to answer them publicly BUT just used for thought. Have you ever thought of how many other things here may not be appropriate but as opposed to running to the moderator, many just choose to ignore it, knowing that it is and individual's freedom of speech/expression? I know that this is your board/your decision, but doesn't this board in some way belong to the rest of us too? I look at it as a part of life...we don't agree with EVERYTHING we see or hear. We don't always like everyone or everybody. AND THAT'S OK. THAT'S LIFE. We are here for a common reason. Supporting each other. This forum has been known for supporting and caring for each other for things OTHER THAN mf. How is that support and care shown? Many different ways, whether it's in the form of :hug:, jokes, :wave:, uplifting pics, or kind words. The support is still there. Ok, i know this has been long winded. I am not trying to take up your time, but i do think it was worth saying. I do hope that my statements are taken as constructive, they are in no way stated while "whining" because as i said, it is your forum/your decision. Will this make me complain about every little thing i see/read? Of course not. Then again, that's just not my MO. Hope you have a good day unca (and anyone else reading this)! It's cold here in Jersey, just tryin' to keep warm. 8)
Image


restart: 01/04/10
User avatar
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: April 8th, 2006, 9:44 am
Location: New Jersey

Postby alpha femme » January 26th, 2008, 10:56 am

Unca_Tim wrote:Is a fairy really worth taking up both your and my time. After several complaints, we decided it wasn't appropriate or needed in the context of this forum.


Unca_Tim wrote:Is a fairy really worth taking up both your and my time. After several complaints, we decided it wasn't appropriate or needed in the context of this forum.


It's not about the bike for Lance, and it's not about the fairy here. I think that removals such as this one are startling to people, because the picture was not pornographic to any-- or offensive to most. I agree that "public" theads should be moderated in a way that errors on the side of caution, but, if someone doesn't like something posted in an individual journal, the most prudent solution is to not frequent that journal.

People don't become obese without significant emotional/mental issues. I used to weigh 400lbs; I know about issues! However, the policy of appeasement is a dangerous one that simply feeds antisocial and antagonistic behaviors. What kind of message is being sent when shirtless is objectionable?
alpha femme
Preferred member
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: May 19th, 2006, 9:47 pm
Location: CA

Postby Out*With*The*Old » January 26th, 2008, 11:57 am

:)
Last edited by Out*With*The*Old on May 12th, 2008, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: October 1st, 2007, 6:02 pm

Postby Unca_Tim » January 26th, 2008, 12:57 pm

Let me start this by letting you know, I was raised a navy kid, was a logger, rancher, and cowboy most my life. I played VERY rough clubs in a rock and roll band in my younger days. There's very little I haven't seen or heard and I have a VERY high threshold when it comes to being offended by anything. My point of view is one opinion that sets the bar on what we allow on this forum.

The hosts of this forum who's name is at the top of every page of this forum have pastored a church for many years, are Presidential Directors with TSFL and are on the board of TSFL. That is another point of view that goes into the mix on what we allow on this forum.

With those points of view and life experiences thrown into the mix, when we are confronted with complaints or objections to content or conduct on the forum, we all add our opinions to the mix and come up with a decision. It doesn't matter who does the complaining when we make our decision. In fact, through the years we've been here, I couldn't tell you who the "complainers" are. It's not that important to me. I value every one's opinion and take any one's objection seriously.

We've lost forum members because we've allowed content that was objectionable to them and we've lost members because we've censored their content. We regret that hard feelings were created and we lost a valued member, but we have to make and stand by our decisions. There's no way around that.

It's impossible to give you a bulleted list of what we'll allow and what we won't. This has been going on in congress since the beginning of media and will never be agreed upon. It's one of those "you'll know it when you see it" kind of things, any my opinion will probably be different from yours.

I am a member and moderator on several other forums. Some are VERY open and liberal, some are not. I've been censored a few times on some of those forums. I don't question their right as to what they allow me to add to those communities. I have the right to not participate if I don't like their policies, but I continue my membership because the topics are interesting to me and I enjoy the dialog with those community members that I share similar hobbies or interests with.

I guess what it comes down to is, our decisions are OUR decisions that we and you have to live with. We regret any hurt feelings that may result, but none of our decisions will suit all.

Thanks for your input and listening to ours.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
User avatar
Unca_Tim
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: July 15th, 2003, 11:33 pm
Location: The Great Northwest

Postby GucciGoo » February 13th, 2008, 8:19 pm

You know, this issue has NEVER been a problem here before. I have been a member here for a few years, and there is only one instance where anything got out of hand, and it involved a Christianity debate. That was in 2006 and we have all gotten along very well since then.

I have seen things I do not agree with on this forum. I sit here and laugh and mock the people to myself, then get out of the thread and move on. Many people do the same. Only a small amount of people complain about the forum because if they do not agree with what is posted, then clearly is does not belong here.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
User avatar
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: April 30th, 2006, 5:59 am
Location: Really sick of all this rain.

Next

Return to My Journal



 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests