Aerie journal

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Aerie » August 8th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Busy day, busy day. As usual. Right now I'm on another overnight and I'm waiting for a snake bitten Shih Tzu to get here. It's about 10:30 PM and I've been here since 8 AM this morning. Don't get me wrong I thrive on some constant level of stress. YET, I always bitch that I'm too busy and "Why can't I just have a normal boring life like so an so?" Of course when I get my life settled and "normal" I always end up stoking another fire. I have a manic life with wide swings in all of it's aspects. Ehhhh whatever.... At least my diet is going well :mrgreen:

Got the Cream of Tomato Soup and tried it for the first time today. Yummy. It's pretty good and can be made with reasonable sucess in the microwave. I'm on my second bowl. Yesterday I threw a Make you own Sundae party at the hospital for the staff. They loved it and I had NONE!!!!!! Wasn't even tempted.

Just mere pages from the end of Pope Joan. I'll give a thorough review when finished.

Well that's it. Off to read all your posts.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Aerie » August 9th, 2006, 7:31 am

37 pounds!!!!!! WooHoo!
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 9th, 2006, 5:18 pm

Oh what a nice day. I slept, slept, slept.... all afternoon. Then hubby brought home dinner (all legal no worries) and I watched The Hills Have Eyes. I have to say that was probably the most violent movie I've seen in a long time. Not so good. I prefer a good thriller with some splashes of violence not overkill. No pun intended.

I'm getting itchy for 40 pounds. Which is not good because it always seems when I get really hungry for a goal it seems to take so long to get here. I'm hopeful for 40 by weigh-in after next. I'm also planning on buying an experimental pair of size twelves weekend after the one comming up. 12!!!!! how exciting that will be to wear a size that dosen't end in 'teen. Whoo-Hoo!!!

Placed my first order through TSFL. Wanted to feel a participating member of the community. I bought a case of chili and a box of Dutch Choco RTDs. Hopefully my order will go out as planned. I've never had any troubles with the MF website.

Well I'm back to bed. I'm a sleepy girl today. G'night
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 11th, 2006, 5:47 am

Getting closer!!!! Starting to feel more and more confident about hitting 40 by hubby's birthday. I'm off today, and tomorrow. AAAHHHHHHH! Nice to relax. I'll finish up Pope Joan this morning and then post a review. Plan on doing some shopping today. It's so funny that I love to go shopping for clothes now. Something I avoided like the plague 30 something pounds ago. And it's not just outifts, I enjoy buying shoes, jewerly, watches, whatever. I just feel so darn good. Of course it's still a disapointment when I catch myself in the full mirror but I'm okay with that. The image get's smaller every time and it won't be disapointing for much longer.
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 12th, 2006, 6:27 am

I am officially 1/3 of the way to goal! WooHoo!
Aerie

Postby JeepGirl » August 12th, 2006, 6:54 am

WoooHoo Doc!! You are doing great!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Aerie » August 12th, 2006, 9:21 am

So finally after saying I would for days now I've finished Pope Joan. I enjoyed this book quite a bit. Joan was consistent of character and I appreciated this particularly at the tragic end of the novel. Her story was engrossing and although there were a few lags in the plot all and all it held my attention well. A nice part of the book was the epilogue which discussed the historial evidence that suggests Pope Joan actually existed. There is quite a lot of it to be sure. I'd recommended this book to anyone that enjoys historical fiction with a well delveloped plot that is character driven. Next read: All the Names - Jose Saramago (one of my favorite authors)
Aerie

Postby Arklahoma » August 12th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Am enjoying reading your journal ~ Lots of interesting things going on. BTW, I was wondering about your vacations in DC. I've always wanted to go, but everytime I start to plan the trip, I just get overwhelmed. The hotels just seem so expensive and I don't know where to stay. Is there a better time of year to go when the cost is not so high? We wanted to stay close to the smithsonian b/c that's our main interest, in addition, to the white house & capitol stuff. Any recommendations about accommodations, time of year, or really anything???
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Aerie » August 14th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Yes DC rocks! We always stay in Olde Town, Alexandria. It's directly across the river from DC and a 7 minute cab ride to the Smithsonian or anything on the Mall. Alexandria is very quaint with lots of antique shops and nice restaraunts with outdoor seating. They even have a Moroccan restaraunt with belly dancers. We always do Smithsonian when we go to DC. However, remember it's like Disney you can't see it all in one trip so don't kill yourself trying. I've not been to a single one of the museums and not been completely blown away. My one piece of advice is to take the guided tours they are so worth it and you will get so much more out of the experience. Each museum will take an entire day to see properly. And of course the best thing is they're all free!!!! Your tax dollars at work for you. :mrgreen:

Another thing I recommend is the theater. DC has some great shows. Our favorite theather group is Wooly Mammouth and they always have a show going on. We've also seen some shows at the Kennedy Center which have beem great (see Shear Madness there you'll love it!)

As far as the war memorials, they are worth a trip to and the WWII memorial is just simply amazing. It may make you cry.

If you go to DC plan on doing a lot of walking.

Because hubby and I never go anywhere we usually splurge on hotel so I can't recommend and lower rates but there is a great web site called something like "Alexandria the Fun Side of the Potomac" that has a list of all the hotels in the area. My one STRONG recommendation is to stay right in Olde Town.

I hope you go and I hope you love it as much as we do.
Last edited by Aerie on August 14th, 2006, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aerie

Postby Arklahoma » August 14th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Thanks for the tip, Doc.
Arklahoma

Postby Nova » August 14th, 2006, 8:08 pm

I've been to DC a few times, and I stayed in a couple different B&Bs. They were clean and reasonably priced, although breakfast in both of them was more donuts and cold cereal rather than eggs and bacon. If you go that route, look for one near a metro stop and make sure they have parking if you're going to drive into DC, even if you have to pay extra for the parking.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Aerie » August 15th, 2006, 8:58 am

Well I've hit my first "plateau" sorta. I was losing right along then suddently a 2 pound jump up. :( Now I'm regaining lost ground. I'm okay with it in the grand sceme but a little frustrated because my next mini-goal 40 pounds by 8/26 is getting close and, despite what my ticker says down there I've actually got 2.7 pounds to go to make it. It's gonna be close :? Yikes!
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 15th, 2006, 7:57 pm

So I'm on my weekly overnight and I've got some time to journal. I've been super tired since Sunday. We did a spay neuter marathon session for the Humane Society. My back, butt, legs and shoulders are all sore. Surgery is draining when you do it all day long. However I have to say 40 pounds ago it would have been a lot worse. The day went well though and all the animals did fine.

Back on track with my water consumption. :mrgreen:

Hubby's birthday party is next Saturday. It's an annual shin-dig with lots of food and beer and wine. I'm not worried about that part of it though I'm usually able to resist quite well.

Well Now I've got a constipated puppy to deal with so I've got to go.
Last edited by Aerie on August 22nd, 2006, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aerie

Postby DogMa » August 15th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Poor puppy. And good for you on the spay/neuter program.

Don't stress about the slight bounce. I'm sure it'll go back down again in no time.

I was thinking of you the other day. My aunt had to put her dog to sleep after 18 years. The poor thing had been sick for years and at death's door repeatedly the past few years (pancreatitis among other things). And had dementia. She needed round-the-clock care, so my aunt and uncle would take turns leaving the house, but wouldn't leave her alone for more than an hour or two. So as painful as it was, I'm sure it's also something of a relief. It would be for me, anyway.

They've always gotten their dogs (poodles because of allergies) from breeders, but I'm hoping to talk them into going with poodle rescue (or some other rescue) this time. The last thing they need is a puppy, anyway (they're in their late 70s).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Aerie » August 15th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Oh yes, and because Poodles have such a long lifespan and they frequently outlive their elderly owners there are many out there that need a second home. I'm sure they'll have no trouble if they opt to go that way. Good luck! BTW another good hypoallergenic small breed would be a Bichon Frise. Nice dogs and great for an elderly couple.
Last edited by Aerie on August 22nd, 2006, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aerie

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal