Aerie journal

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Aerie » August 4th, 2006, 5:15 am

Hi all I've been absent for about a day or two but I'm still shakin on. Just lots to do at work. We are considering putting an addition onto the back of the hospital and hiring a new doctor. Plus yesterday I had a screaming knock down fight with one of the other doctors in town. He such a jealous prick. Every time I see an emergency that is one of his clients he calls me and bitches about some aspect of the case. Yesterday he had the audacity to say I practice Agressive medicine. "Well I do run a 24 hour emergency and critical care hospital you a**hole." The dog I saw of his was dying of heat stroke and guess what? It's recovered and home now. I guess my agressive medicine worked AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I sooo put him in his place and boy did it feel good. He's just so worried that I'm going to steal his clients. My opinion is if he's doing everything he should be than his clients will stay with him.

The best part was how bad I wanted to eat something after I got off the phone with him. Something like a Whopper and fries :shock: I didn't give in though that would of just played into his hands of trying to intimidate me. He won't win that's for sure.

Tomorrow is the grand opening of the county's first off leash dog park and guess who the sponser is ........My hospital. Very exciting!

Okay gotta sign off but I'll be back in later. Thanks for everything guys!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Aerie » August 4th, 2006, 5:59 pm

Hi all! I'm working the overnight tonight. Have a huge stack of paperwork to catch up on. Had a great day on plan but lately I've been really slacking off on my water intake. I'm not really sure why. Just getting lazy I guess. I'll have to be more conscientious about it. I noticed today that I'm just a hair under 1/3 of the way to my goal. :mrgreen: I just find MF so amazing and of course all your help and support makes it so much easier to stick with. I am just simply amazed at how fast and consistently the weight is comming off. People at the hospital are really starting to talk and a couple of the girls are thinking of trying MF too.

Food: Chili has definitely become my favorite MF meal. I love it, love it, love it. I cook mine on the stovetop on low for about 20 minutes. I add salt, pepper, tabasco, and garlic. It's definitely the most satisfying MF meal and I've been eating it every day this week. Mmm-Mmm-Mmm
I got my butt into a size 14 Gap jean the other day. Couldn't zip but did manage to button. God that felt good. I'm wearing 16's comfortably now and my 18's are all on the way to GoodWill.

Lastly; Splenda is my new best friend. I have ALWAYS hated and shied away from any artificial sweetners because they taste like crap. But Splenda in a cup of tea or coffe is like a heavenly dessert. I'm actually having some right now :mrgreen:

Planning on hitting the movies tomorrow night to see The Lady in The Water. Anyone else see it? My latest book Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross. Very good so far and I'd definitely recommend it.

Okay, G'night guys I'll check in tomorrow.
Aerie

Postby DogMa » August 4th, 2006, 6:06 pm

That's great about the 14s AND about not eating after the argument with the jerk. You're right; if he's good, his clients won't leave. Even with the Denver emergency place I loved, I still took the kids to our regular doctor if it wasn't after hours. What a jerk. He's probably jealous of all the attention lately - between sponsoring the dog park and the lion thing, you've been in the media some lately.

And that's great about the dog park. The one in Fort Worth is rated No. 1 in the country, but I haven't been there because my dogs have social issues. One doesn't get along well with other dogs and the other would be too petrified to even get out of the car. Sigh.

I did a charity dog walk a few years ago in Denver, and I had to take a friend's dog. How pathetic is that??

And the chili is my favorite, too! I should have ordered a case when it was on sale last month, but my cabinets were too full.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby PJinCali » August 4th, 2006, 6:26 pm

Hi Doc,

You are doing so great! I love reading your posts and the successes you have had in your life. You are an inspiration :D I can't wait until I can shop in regular stores.
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Aerie » August 4th, 2006, 7:19 pm

Thanks guys.

Dogma: One of my dogs has "social issues" too, I feel your pain :lol:

PJ: your kind words made my night.
Aerie

Postby alpha femme » August 4th, 2006, 7:58 pm

my baby girl was the queen of the dog park, but now she isn't too down with other female dogs. i miss taking her there. she would just run the damn thing until she dropped.

i think it's great that you're a vet. i really wanted to become one, but i can't handle the loss issues.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Aerie » August 6th, 2006, 6:01 am

Dog park was a sucess! Not much to say today. I'm off to dive back into Pope Joan, my latests literary conquest. It's so good. I'm sure I'll type more later.

Alpha your picture is so cute. You look like the happiest person.

Has anyone seen the poll for a MMT cruise? I would so do that!!!!!!!
Last edited by Aerie on August 22nd, 2006, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 6th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Ahhhh the end of a nice Sunday. I've got a big bowl of my MFChili and a cold bottle of H2O and I thought I pen some random thoughts for the day.

First off Pope Joan. Yes, very good so far I'm about 2/3 through. Nice collection of characters, driving plot and a solid read. I'd recommend it.

Spent the day at the Barnes and Noble. Had a nice big cup of coffee and read the New York Times from cover to cover. Then settled in for about 5 hours of uninterrupted reading in above mentioned novel. This time I remembered to bring and RTD. :mrgreen: Ate sashimi for lunch and took a buzz around in the convertable blasting my Christina Aguillera CD(what a voice). Exactly my kind of Sunday. Sundays used to contain bagels and cream cheese...... someday in the future they will again. Course it will only be one bagel and light cream cheese but nevertheless it's a ritual I'm looking forward to.

Hubby's birthday is comming up. August 26th. My next mini-goal is to hit 40 pounds by then. I think I'll make it if I continue to go at the same pace. He's just purchased a new Harley. I'll be getting him a nice fat gift certificate to the local Harley shop. He'll be in heaven.

I'm also getting hungry to plan a nice vacation. Haven't had one in so long. I'm thinking a nice autumn weekend escape to DC, then a nice winter escape to the outer banks, then a springtime jaunt to the tropics for a good soild week. Literally it's been 5-6 years since my last vacation. We're a bit overdue. You know how some people seem to have their act together and routinely plan and save for vacations? Yeah, well I'm not one of those people. I wanna be though. It's something I'm working on. You know letting go and going...
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 6th, 2006, 5:03 pm

Right, forgot to mention Lady in the Water. Very interesting and original film. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I'll say it made me laugh almost as much as it scared me. Paul Giamano (of however you spell it) is so much like Richard Dreyfuss in this film. Cool story and great cast of "characters". Makes some nice comments on the art of filmaking and story writing. Go see it!
Aerie

Postby Serendipity » August 6th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Is that Christina's new CD? If so, can you give me a quick review? I love her!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Aerie » August 7th, 2006, 11:55 am

I'm so far behind the times :lol: It's actually her Stripped" I just got it. :shock:
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 7th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Off early today. So looking forward to being home but gosh when I got here the place was a total pigstye. My house is tiny, tiny, tiny and I have 4 big dogs and 3 cats and it's impossible to keep clean. Plus I'm so busy that when I get home the last thing I want to do is clean. Hospital was busy this weekend so that was good.

Jumped on the scale this morning and was pleased to see a nice loss even over the weekend. Monday morning weigh ins aren't always so fun but I'm really on a roll right now. I might hit the 180's by the weekend if I'm lucky. If not no biggie but it'd be cool.
Aerie

Postby Aerie » August 7th, 2006, 4:19 pm

14!, 14!, 14! I got into a pair of 14's tonight! Zipper and everything!!!!!!!!! That's 6 sizes I've gone down. 24,22,20,28,16,14 WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bananadance:
Aerie

Postby Serendipity » August 7th, 2006, 4:30 pm

drmjwdvm wrote:I'm so far behind the times :lol: It's actually her Stripped" I just got it. :shock:

That's a great CD. I've had it for several years and I still listen to it alot. She's grew up in Pittsburgh.

I wanna buy the new CD, but I just can't believe that it could be as good as Stripped, so I want somebody else to get it first, lol.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Aerie » August 8th, 2006, 7:25 pm

Oh I'll definitely get it eventually. Stripped really is a great CD. There is nothing that girl can't do with her voice.
Aerie

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal