3rd day need encouragement

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

3rd day need encouragement

Postby bree » June 25th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Hi,

Its the evening of my third day and I have followed it. I do have 3 caffeine drinks a day though or 4. I tested me urine for ketones and it was negative and I have an awful headache. Any advice? Would love to hear it.

Bree
bree

Postby Diana » June 25th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Hi, Bree, and welcome!

I had a nasty migraine on the 3rd and 4th days of the program. I think it was something similar to detox. Nothing I did made a dent, not even the high-powered prescription drugs. By the end of the 4th day, I was much better and have a BIG improvement in my headache/migraine episodes.

Hang in there! This is the toughest part of the program -- once you've made it through this phase, it's not usually this hard again as long as you stay compliant.

As for the ketone strips, since the state of ketosis is very mild (versus other programs such as Atkins), it may not register on the indicator. It doesn't mean, however, that you're not in ketosis! I know I'm in ketosis when I feel energetic, I'm not hungry, and (now) I have an distinctive taste in my mouth.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Prancer » June 25th, 2006, 6:42 pm

I am just finishing my first week. Stick with it, the weight loss will be worth it. I dont know how much water you are drinking but it might help with the headaches.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Ms X » June 26th, 2006, 5:45 am

I had an awful headache too, for the first 3-4 days. Day 2 seemed to be my worst day overall, but by the 4th day I was feeling a bit better, except for weakness. Today is day 8 for me, and I'm feeling quite a bit better, so hopefully it will continue getting better as time goes on!

Like everyone else, meds did not help my headache at all. The only thing I could do was rest as much as possible, and wait for it to pass. I know that's not something you want to hear, but hang in there, it does get better!
Ms X

Postby Sarya » June 26th, 2006, 6:21 am

I had very bad headaches at the beginning as well. They were the same kinds of headaches I would get everytime I would try to wean off of certain foods or drinks (ie: soda or preprocessed food). So yes, it should clear up and it is most likely due to the diet change.
Sarya

Postby Aerie » June 26th, 2006, 8:44 am

I also suffered from the headaches, hunger and weakness. By the end of the 4th day I was feeling fine and it's been great since. Hang in there it will be behind you before you know it. :cleader:
Aerie

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 26th, 2006, 10:05 pm

I had the worst headache of my life on day 3 and leg cramps the night of night 3. My ketostix NEVER even registered, but I must've been in mild ketosis, because, look at it! I'm down 60 lbs! Stick with it...Most people on the program have some reaction. Make sure you're getting enough water. This too shall pass.

The way I saw it, my body was trying everything to make me eat sugar. It wanted to make me feel bad all the way to Taco Bell! It didn't work!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room