Zinkette99

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DogMa » June 22nd, 2006, 6:10 pm

Hey, I'm right there with ya in the shallow end of the pool. I don't think that second one would look good with my coloring, but I'd LOVE to look good in the purple dress.

I want to be hot, too.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Zinkette99 » June 22nd, 2006, 6:12 pm

Yeah the brown is not so fly but they have it in a really really pretty blue too.

And DogMa, you're a fox!
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 22nd, 2006, 6:13 pm

**drool** sign me up for the purple dress LOL
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » June 22nd, 2006, 6:42 pm

:oops: Thanks, Zinkette.

And we're going to look pretty silly, with an entire forum's worth of women wearing that same purple dress!!! (Although Nancy will need to find it in leopard print, of course.)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Zinkette99 » June 22nd, 2006, 9:42 pm

Haha I think it would be totally hot if we all got that dress. That would be an awesome Medifast commercial.

Well I had a funny little moment tonight. I took DogMa and Nancys advice and tried the chili again. I added some Mrs Dash spices and some salsa. HOWEVER... I am a moron and didn't look at the salsa label. It was HOT HOT salsa. Oh my God it was funny... I took one bite and I was like "Wow this is good, this is.... HOTTTTTTTTTT" Seriously, major heartburn tonight.

I did have a very very very small cheat. I am not even going to feel bad about it. It was SO HOT today and our house has no airconditioning. And the only cold drinks we had were my husband's Dr Peppers. So I did crack one open and took ONE sip. So I am not going to kill myself over it.

Otherwise, I had a great MF day. I hope everyone else did too.

And Lizbette I hope you like my avatar! And thank you Unca for being so very quick about putting it up.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Zinkette99

Postby Lizabette » June 23rd, 2006, 5:45 am

Zinkette99 wrote:Haha I think it would be totally hot if we all got that dress. That would be an awesome Medifast commercial.
Well I had a funny little moment tonight. I took DogMa and Nancys advice and tried the chili again. I added some Mrs Dash spices and some salsa. HOWEVER... I am a moron and didn't look at the salsa label. It was HOT HOT salsa. Oh my God it was funny... I took one bite and I was like "Wow this is good, this is.... HOTTTTTTTTTT" Seriously, major heartburn tonight.
And Lizbette I hope you like my avatar! And thank you Unca for being so very quick about putting it up.

YAY, ZINK!

I totally love your picture avatar. Gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for posting it!

Your story about the HOT CHILI is hilarious. I once mistook an oatmeal packet for a vanilla shake. It made the nicest, iciest, mushiest concoction you ever saw, but I dutifully drank it because I couldn't bear to wash those valuable nutrients down the sink. Worst part was,I was demonstrating for some company how delicious MF shakes are. I bombed!

I really could have eaten the chili, tho', because I love HOT HOT!

As to the purple dress. Purple is probably my favorite color. It's a royal color, you know. But aside from the fact that I could never have a body like that at 5'1'', people would know that my brains had cooked in the Philippines from too much sun.

With your enviable height, tho',you would have a good shot at it. However, I will expect to see a side-by-side shot of you and Marissa. Love your posts, girl!

:heart:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Zinkette99 » June 23rd, 2006, 11:20 am

So um I cheated and got on the scale before Monday...

Like I said, I hoped to hit 255 by Monday. I step on the scale today and it reads...

252.6!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea how it could be possible to dump 5 pounds in a day. It was VERY hot yesterday and I did sweat a lot of it off being outside, swimming and sweating in my airconditioned house. I drank so much water yesterday. I stepped on the scale 4 times to make sure it was right.

I am so incredibly excited. My body is finally working with me here!
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby DogMa » June 23rd, 2006, 2:46 pm

Wow!! That's an amazing loss! I'd take it and run with it, though.

And too funny on the chili. But it sounds like if you try it again with milder salsa, you'll be good to go.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Zinkette99 » June 23rd, 2006, 3:34 pm

Oh DogMa I am totally running with it. Its a big loss but I think it was due. I am excited. The 20 pound club is a little more then 7 pounds away....

I am really peeved at a friend of mine. She was someone I hung out with in college a lot. She was great fun to be around, we use to have some good times together. However, whenever a guy would show interest in me she would somehow sabotage it by telling me that he only wanted me because he went to VMI (its a military college) and couldn't get any other girls or that I should watch out because I was a "big" girl and he obviously had ulterior motives. I was really stupid then. I should have completely cut her out of my life. She was a person that went to my college JUST so she could meet a husband from neighboring VMI. She thought a woman's identity was directly related to her boyfriend/fiance status.

Hey, she had a car ok? I have no idea why I remained friends with her.

Anyway I was talking to her today and we were laughing about some random weekend we drove off to Myrtle Beach with some VMI guys and I was talking about how embarrassed I was that I made out with 2 different guys in the same weekend. (Sorry if I sound like a high schooler) She then paused and was like "Well, Alison, they were really drunk... Guys kiss anyone when they're drunk..."

I had to let her go after that. It just made me feel like crap.

I know I am not a completely horrible looking person. I dont think I am at least. But I guess I must be seeing things other people don't see. It hurt my feelings that she said that to me. Like a man would only be with me because he has no other options. I look at my husband and realize that's not true but the conversation with her took me back to the place I once was where I didn't know if someone would ever really want me. And I look at pictures and think how crazy I was! I think I looked really great in college. I don't know... Why do people put people down like that so obviously?

Anyway. Sorry to ramble.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby Zinkette99 » June 24th, 2006, 11:30 am

I am having... a bad time.

I don't know. I AM very happy with MF and how it is changing my body. I am finding it easier and easier not to be tempted to cheat and my hunger pangs are basically gone for the most part. I did have some salmon last night that didn't set well with my stomach so I have had some gross sandbox issues. Otherwise, I love the program.

My personal life sucks. I am so excited about this program but when I mention it to family and friends they just shrug and look at me like "Right. We give you a month and you'll be off it." It's very frustrating but at the same time... It makes me want to do this even more. My major goal is to leave for FL and not come back to VA until I have reached goal or am at least close to it.

My family is full of accomplished people. I think the only thing they think I have ever accomplished is getting married. They just speak to me like I am a complete moron. Sometimes I just don't feel like they know me at all. Its like I am pigeonholed completely. I can't wait to lose this weight. I have never really started and finished something big in my entire life. I never finished college, I move around all the time from boredom. I want to be in control of something. I want to conquer something.

I really want respect. Sigh.

Eaten today:

RTD
Salmon (blech) greens
Mint Choc Bar
RTD

Coming up:

Chicken rice soup
Chicken Noodle Soup

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby jump4joy » June 24th, 2006, 11:54 am

I know I am not a completely horrible looking person. I dont think I am at least. But I guess I must be seeing things other people don't see. It hurt my feelings that she said that to me. Like a man would only be with me because he has no other options. I look at my husband and realize that's not true but the conversation with her took me back to the place I once was where I didn't know if someone would ever really want me. And I look at pictures and think how crazy I was! I think I looked really great in college. I don't know... Why do people put people down like that so obviously?

Well, I think you are a classic beauty....you remind me of Eva Longoria (from Desperate Housewives). I've known people like that (who love to put others down). It's THEIR issue....it's about their own insecurities. They need to put others down in order to feel superior or better about themselves.

I'm sure you already have the respect of those who really matter. Those who withhold approval and withhold from treating you with the common courtesy and respect that you already deserve are not worthy your reciprocal high regard, IMO! I have some similar issues with some competive siblings, and I just don't play the "competition game" with them. Family gatherings are often a Brag-Fest. My accomplishments are less visable, but just as valuable. I used to put up with all kinds of disrespect from toxic people in my life, but NOW I won't! When someone is in-my-face rude to me, I call them on it.....calmly and firmly. I've finally learned to love myself enough to stand up for ME and not allow myself to be disrespected.

Be patient and quietly persistent, and the butterfly that will emerge will stun and amaze everyone in your life.

You, as you are TODAY, are beautiful and have much to be proud of, I'm sure!

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » June 24th, 2006, 12:11 pm

zinkette...i forgot if i asked but where in florida are you going to be? im near orlando!

and thats good that its keeping you even more determined to succeed! you will, just like me :D
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Zinkette99 » June 24th, 2006, 12:20 pm

Joy thank you so much for that. Your family sounds like my family! At family gatherings its this whole "Well your cousin Caleb got a full ride to such and such university." Or "Your brother is so incredible, serving his country overseas." (My brother IS incredible for doing that but when I hear it every day its like "OK I GET IT. I AM A LOSER!") Or again "Your cousin is making 80,000 dollars fresh out of college! He's going to be SUCH a catch." My grandma always talks about how beautiful my girl cousins are. I sometimes feel like my whole purpose in my family is to be the absorber of comments on everyone else. I feel like such a jerk saying that. I sound so selfish. I LOVE hearing about my family and I am very proud they have all done so well with their lives. I am geuninely happy for them. But sometimes I just feel like a black sheep. And even when I try to talk about something I am doing (Like writing a novel, or a promotion at work, or my weight loss) it's just... it's just shrugged off. I mean I realize I shouldn't NEED their praise but... Every now and then it would be kind of nice.

Blah.

And Joy I think you're completely right. I think for a long time... I have put up with behavior I should not have. I always make excuses for other people's actions. I always place blame on myself. Its ridiculous. I am really trying to work on that. I am a person that is constantly saying "sorry" all the time. My husband hates it. I think a lot of it comes from just being so eager to please everyone. And I can't. It's just not going to happen. Letting people talk down to me is not acceptable.

I think part of MF is not just losing weight in pounds. It's losing weight in other things that are not good for you: People, vices, etc. It's a long process but I am ready to clean everything up in a way.

And THANK YOU on the comment on Eva Longoria. WOW, that just made my month! I think she is possibly the most beautiful woman alive! As a matter of fact (I am such a dork) I have this collage of beautiful thin women hanging on my fridge. She is all over it! I will never be quite as tiny as her but I would love to be mistaken for her taller sister. Haha. ;)

I am so glad I have this journal and this site. Good lord it saves me some days from myself.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby Zinkette99 » June 24th, 2006, 12:21 pm

LilEmo I will be in Bradenton which I believe is like only an hour and half from Orlando (if that.) I can't wait to go to DisneyWorld! (I have never been.) We should go to a water park or something when we're skinny. I really want to do that, as silly as that sounds. I have never been comfortable enough to go to one.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » June 24th, 2006, 12:23 pm

thats right i think you did tell me lol, we will definitely have to meet up . wet n wild is a fun park. i have to warn you i do like the scary slides (go straigh down and give atomic wedgies lol)

but we should go somewhere where we can wear bikinis...maybe do a baywatch run? lol *slow-mo running*
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal