Zinkette99

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Zinkette99 » June 17th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Thank you for your kind words, everyone.

I am really upset today. I learned that my package for my order has not even been shipped yet. I ordered it on the 15th and upgraded it for 2 day air (an extra like 18 dollars) and it will not be shipped until Monday. Which means I will get it Wednesday. I thought I would be getting it Monday. Which means I upgraded for basically nothing since I will be getting it almost a week after I placed my order.

I am so frustrated. I love the people on this forum but I don't think I will be ordering from TSFL again. The customer service person was not the most empathetic individual I have ever talked to. I am so completely frustrated. I don't think I can drink skim milk for the next 5 days. It's just not possible. I dont know. I might just cancel the order and order off of ebay or something. Ugh.

Anyway, I have already started off the day horribly and sorry to sound so bitter.
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby SharonR » June 17th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Dang girl!! I'm so sorry. I know it's frustrating. Are you totally out of food? Do you know anyone on the program who lives close to you that you could borrow from?

Hmmm....

They should at least give you the 18 bucks back.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Zinkette99 » June 17th, 2006, 2:08 pm

I am not totally out. I have enough meals to last me til Monday. But after that I don't know what I will do. I was not offered anything. I thought I would get free shipping or at least be able to downgrade my shipping back to ground. I was just so disappointed. I wish Medifast products were available in stores. I don't even really care about getting anything back I just want my products. :(
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Zinkette99

Postby SharonR » June 17th, 2006, 2:18 pm

Hmm, well stay on plan till Monday then. A miracle could happen. Do you have a HA? (Health Advisor)
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Zinkette99 » June 19th, 2006, 1:07 pm

Well today is better. My package is sceduled to arrive today. I don't know why I was told it would be here Wednesday but I was so happy to see it would be here today.

This diet is making me mean. Has anyone else had this side effect? I am much more short tempered. I am hoping this will pass.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby Zinkette99 » June 19th, 2006, 5:32 pm

Good lord, I so blew it today. I had a big big cheat day but I am just going to try to get over it and start fresh and new tomorrow. I know I will do it which is more then I can say last time I had a big cheat in February. That cheat never ended. I went off the program for 4 months. So the fact that I am getting right back on the wagon keeps me going. One day will not be the end of me. It just saddens me I am already having these issues barely 2 weeks after I started. I don't know how everyone else seems to do it so easily. :?
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2006, 5:52 pm

I don't think it's really easy for any of us. Many of us have had slips - some big, some small - but as long as you come right back, you'll be fine.

It does, however, get LESS difficult, I think. But even after a year, I have my tough moments. It's HARD to deny yourself things that you want. And things that you see other people having.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Zinkette99 » June 19th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Right on, DogMa, I know you are right. I think that came out wrong... I don't want to belittle anyone on here, I know everyone has the same struggles with food as I do. It's tough for everyone and on some days its even tougher for others. I applaud you for doing this a year. I am envious you can wear size 4 jeans. It's what gets me through knowing there are people DOING this and doing well.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2006, 6:00 pm

No, I knew that's not what you meant. But sometimes it DOES feel that way; I see the people who never, ever cheat and wonder how the heck they can do it!!

But I hope it helps to know that we're ALL struggling, at least some of the time. (And I love those jeans - but it's only in the one brand that comes right out and SAYS their sizes run big. I'm nowhere near a 4 in normal clothes. Yet.)
Last edited by DogMa on June 19th, 2006, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elke » June 19th, 2006, 6:14 pm

Stay strong, I know you can do this. The fact that you keep posting says you are stronger now.
You asked if anyone became angry....I think most people that I know will say I am always angry, God forbid it becomes worse! :x :lol:
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » June 19th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Zink ~

It is not easy.

I've been at this for three years, 11 months and three days. It still is not easy - but it is a whole lot easier than when I started. I am one of those that did not cheat while I was on the weight loss phase. I knew if I did, I would have a :twisted: of a time getting back on it so I just ate an extra packet or two of Medigrub when I thought I was gonna cave in.

I have not been perfect this side of the weight loss phase. I do not feel guilty in any way for having extra servings or for eating some unwholesome food because once in a while it won't hurt me; but daily dalliances would/do so… almost every day I eat the healthy BeSlim™ Way. I like being healthy more than I like eating pizza, buttery popcorn and other artery-cloggers. When I was in Philly, I ate a Philly Cheese steak sandwich, I ate crabcakes in Maryland, knishes in NY and sourdough bread in San Francisco – those were special things and special places but on a day-to-day pace here, I eat low fat/low calorie/low glycemic food.

My s-i-l is a cordon bleu trained chef; he prepared a wonderful barbecue buffet for our grandson’s first birthday Saturday. I chose tossed green salad with no dressing, had some grilled teriyaki chicken and pulled pork and a tastette of the choc cake because I knew Sunday was coming and we were having a Father’s Day stop Sunday Morning on our way to church that included blackberry pie (made with Splenda) - ala mode of course and we had an afternoon dinner outing planned. I pick my battles!

I viewed my weight loss phase as a temporary time – a training session for the rest of my life. I just knew that because I was so out of control with food that I was going to make the eating and food changes necessary for me to get healthy. I was afraid of dying prematurely; I was dying for a change. I struggled then and I struggle now. I am not cured. I am a foody at heart but now I have a healthier heart. It takes a commitment every day to do the things I need to do to remain healthy. I feel like I am like an alcoholic. I truly am a foodaholic. I view my day in three hour intervals and choose the healthy way every three hours. As times goes by, Zinkette, you will learn the strategies necessary to help you stick to the program.

Re: food arrival. I’ve had orders arrive later than I expected, too so we try to keep a week’s worth of Medigrub on the shelves at all times but we know how life goes sometimes – we were so very low on packets ourselves a couple of weeks ago that we had to borrow some from our daughter. I have a diabetic client in Biloxi that was without his Medigrub delivery due to Hurricane Katrina and we kept him going with skim milk, eggs, canned veggies, tuna, etc. until his order arrived. Blessings to you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Zinkette99 » June 19th, 2006, 11:18 pm

Thank you, Nancy. You are great at saying the right things. I think from now on I am going to take your advice and look at this weight loss phase as boot camp for the rest of my life.

Always harder then it sounds but I can do this. I already am. I am not qutting. I am making mistakes but for once I will learn to live with them. I never seem to finish anything I start. I will finish this.

Thank you so much, Nancy.

Well I actually did get my package today! I was so excited. I ordered a whole case of RTD's (choc) and was hesitant because I was afraid I wouldnt like them. Well I had an RTD as my last meal today... Ok, I am SO glad I bought a whole case, those things are awesome. So much better then my choc shake in a shaker jar. Much smoother. It tastes a bit like SlimFast and I thought the packaging was really cool.

I cant wait to try the chicken and wild rice tomorrow. And the famous mint bard lilgorg was raving on. Tomorrow will be a good one. :)
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby Nancy » June 19th, 2006, 11:34 pm

Atta Girl, Zinkette! Each day we learn new things and new ways. It took me a lotta years to find the Take Shape program and now that I've found it, enjoyed my new and improved life, I view each day as a new opportunity to live life to the max. It took a lot of diet mess-ups for me to figure out that what I had been doing was not working. I decided to do it right this time and from the beginning day of my program, I followed each step of the plan as closely as possible. I did not start transition until I had reached my goal, and then followed transition exactly right because I viewed this as my last 'diet' ever. I knew that once I reached maintenance that I could have some of my former foody friends again - I just wasn't going to have has many of them or have them as often as I used to. I like being thinner more than I like those fatty foods. It isn't such a sacrifice any more to avoid them.

Yep, those RTDs are great and so are you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Zinkette99 » June 20th, 2006, 12:10 pm

Thank you, Nancy! I am blushing!

So today has been pretty awesome.

I woke up, chugged a 24 oz bottle of Aquafina and had my RTD. Delish. Then about 10 minutes ago I had the famous Chocolate Mint Bar.

Holy crap, it was good. Real good. I would eat those things even if I wasn't on a diet.

Next up at about 430 will be my chicken rice soup. I am pretty curious about that one, I have never had it before.

Hope everyone is doing well.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

Postby Zinkette99 » June 20th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Thank you, Nancy! I am blushing!

So today has been pretty awesome.

I woke up, chugged a 24 oz bottle of Aquafina and had my RTD. Delish. Then about 10 minutes ago I had the famous Chocolate Mint Bar.

Holy crap, it was good. Real good. I would eat those things even if I wasn't on a diet.

Next up at about 430 will be my chicken rice soup. I am pretty curious about that one, I have never had it before.

Hope everyone is doing well.
25 years old
5'8
267/247/135

Zinkette99

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal