you can NOT take a day off of Medifast!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

you can NOT take a day off of Medifast!

Postby Lisa Renee » September 15th, 2005, 9:24 pm

Well folks..The rumor is true...You gotta be faithful to Medifast and it will be faithful to you... After being sick this past week from what I think was a mild case of food born bacteria (i ate the chicken wild rice soup after it had been mixed with water the day before), I decided that I would take a day off of Medifast. Being almost 25 pounds down I figured I was worth it and it would be okay. I unzipped my jeans and indulged in obscene pleasures that included pizza and other unmentionables. I DIDN'T EVEN ENJOY IT. Not to mention I had even more trips to the bathroom after the soup incident. Guess my digestive system is not junk food friendly anymore after being treated so well with Medifast for over a month. Junk food doesn't even taste good anymore. What the heck?! When will I ever learn? Tomorrow is weigh in and I know I am up, not down. Why oh why? Can anyone tell me? Why would I think it would be okay to take a day off? I have no excuses. It was my choice and I made it. What the heck was I thinking? I came here to get some inpiration, not tissues. I am a dummy and I know it.
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

slip up

Postby LoriO » September 15th, 2005, 10:53 pm

Lisa~ I am new, I have just received my first order today and will be starting MF Monday, but believe me, I know how you feel. I have tried every form of weight loss imaginable and I never stayed true to any of them. The closest I ever came, I lost 80+ pounds counting fat grams in 1993. That was the last time I saw ONEderland. The thing I plan to differently with MF is if I slip up, I will get right back on! I am not going to say "oh well, I already ate this so I may as well eat whatever I want today". I think that is the key to making the program work. We are human, we make mistakes and bad decisions, but we can get right back on program and not do too much damage. Don't beat yourself up, keep on shakin'!!! :-P

Start Date 9/19/05
319/244.5/150
Lori
LoriO
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2005, 11:42 pm

Strawberry ~

You may have a really bad bad baddy stomach ache if you ate greasy pizza after having eaten nothing but Medifast...I have not had pizza for three years...I DID have other :twisted: things recently and am avoiding the kitchen for a while...my Prince Charming is bringing all my meals to me in my office.

I hope you recover quickly and do not have a crap attack at work...it ain't purty...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 16th, 2005, 5:07 am

crap attack!! lol Is anything like a Mac attack or a Shaq attack? Too funny.
Lisa Renee

Postby Lisa in NY » September 16th, 2005, 6:06 am

Thanks for sharing Strawberry.....
I had entertained the thought of going off program for a day or two - but decided to struggle through my stall - I KNOW it will be worth it !
But don't beat yourself up over it - just get back on track - these are the times that either make you or break you (you will make it !)

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby kimalexrn » September 16th, 2005, 7:16 am

Strawberry, We all learn from our mistakes. Dont continue to beat yourself up. Get up dust off the pizza crumbs and move on with MF. Whats done is done. Now get back to losing, you're doing fine.

Kim
Kim

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Thil4/]
[/url]

Started MF 5/09/05
250/200/170
Started AGAIN 07/15/08
249/200/160
kimalexrn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 16th, 2005, 7:31 am

Honey, there were no crumbs...I licked my fingers too! Oh the shame! :oops:

I am back on track and never looking back, so I don't have another crap attack.

bet you didn't know I was a poet. ;)
Lisa Renee

Postby Gwenski » September 16th, 2005, 3:29 pm

OMG!! You are human. Not to worry - we all are and that is how we got here.

Free will really isn't too much of a blessing when it comes to pizza and other forbidden fruits. Poor Eve, did she stand a chance to that nice juicy and tempting apple? :oops:

At least if it came out the other end it isn't in there causing more trouble for you.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep moving forward. Looking back strains the neck anyhow and makes you feel all blicky and wanting to kick yourself.

One foot in front of the other - all is well, you are alive, there is Medifast and this Forum. :mrgreen:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby mytime » September 16th, 2005, 8:01 pm

SS- you are doing great. One trip down memory lane does not make for a 100% trip backwards - back in the saddle and you will be on your way. Sorry your tummy hurts :( no more crap = no more crap attacks. I thank you for your post - needed the reminder - fear is a GREAT motivator and I don't like the potty or anything coming out either end in there that isn't the day to day :shock: Keep the faith and Keep on shakin - thanks for keeping it real, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 16th, 2005, 11:56 pm

Keepin it real mytime...Keepin it real on my dime...Keepin it real, got no whine.. Not gonna fool my own mind...Keepin it real.

OMG...It's late and I need sleep.
Lisa Renee

Postby martha » September 17th, 2005, 12:13 am

SS--

So glad you are doing better.. the pizza certainly didn't help with the crap attacks :shock: too cute but I know it wasn't cute to you at the time :oops: .Glad you are back on program and I too hope to restart Sunday and begin my journey to goalsville.. hold your head up and keep on shaking friend..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby smiller » September 17th, 2005, 8:32 am

I came to the forum today to ask what 1 day off progam would hurt - I'm really struggling with staying on MF today. My mind is playing games on me. It's funny how my answer was already here. Thanks everyone.
Keep looking up, blessings on you, Sheila M.
Psalm 40

Restart 11/2/05
238.8/228.2/175

smiller
Regular Member - #10 Club

i know how you feel

Postby deecee » September 17th, 2005, 9:52 am

i know how you feel. i actually told my self that i would have a treat when i got to my half-way point. but, jan encouraged me to shop instead. when i think about it, it was the "planned" break that caused my diets to fail in the past because it was more difficult for me to restart.
just look at it as a minor infraction and get back in the groove :dance:
you can do it
dee
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
deecee
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 17th, 2005, 1:28 pm

As an update, my weigh in this week shows a wash. I didn't gain or loose. Stayed at 359. Next week I am gonna blow the scale away. lol, that could mean anything I suppose but I mean I am going to have a good loss this week.

I agree, the planned breaks are not a good idea. However, I would rather plan to go off and know when I am getting back on and plan that, instead of impulse eating. I tend to eat more when I do that, so I plan everything ahead of time. I plan to stay on program this next week and the week after and the week after...You get the idea ;)
Lisa Renee

Return to The Weight Room