YIKES!!!!I gave blood

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

YIKES!!!!I gave blood

Postby sheila » April 5th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Hi everybody. I gave blood this morning for the 1st time, and didnt even think about them making me eat or drink anything afterwards. But I had a capri sun, and I did choose those 100 calorie cookies. Anyways, I think I should skip a supplement today and try and balance things out alittle. What do you guys think?
Last edited by sheila on April 6th, 2006, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 5th, 2006, 2:29 pm

they MADE you eat it???? really? I thought it was just there in case you felt shaky....ANYWHOOOO...you should not give blood while on Medifast....I know there is a post out there about it...I'll do a search and if I find it, will post the quote :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 5th, 2006, 2:32 pm

You should not donate blood while on the weight loss phase of the Medifast Program. When you donate blood, you risk putting yourself into severe dehydration and/or shock. Being on Medifast is not compatible with blood donation. When you reach your goal weight and are transitioned back to regular food you may then return to your regular blood donation schedule.

While Medifasting it is really important to consisitently keep hydrated -that's the reason we frequently mention the importance of water intake.

Found it....Quoted from Nancy :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sheila » April 5th, 2006, 3:42 pm

Joyce,
Thanks for that tip. I will definately not do that again until I am off MF! :? Scary, ya? Anyways, I hope the capri sun and cookies dont mess me up too much. I dont think it will. Just hav to watch it today for the rest of the day. Thanks again.
sheila
sheila

Postby ascicles » April 5th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Well, I would guess that the sugar will probably be enough to throw you out of ketosis. Both the capri sun and cookies are probably pretty high in that area.

Regardless though, it's just three days :)
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby sheila » April 5th, 2006, 4:39 pm

i sure hope it doesnt. Guess thats what I get though, but I was only trying to be a good samaritan. Really dont want to feel like poo again for 3 days... but if I must....I must. Typical me!
sheila
sheila

Return to Come on in.