I Gave up but I'm back because of you all!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I Gave up but I'm back because of you all!!

Postby xalisax » July 14th, 2005, 10:05 pm

Hello everyone. I was so excited when I got my package and started. I did 3 entire days. Then I just gave up! :( I had ordered the medifast980 offer off tv and I think that is kinda why I gave up so fast. I just didn't like most of the flavors I got and it sort of discouraged me. I came back and read your messages...especially from those of you who started about the same day I did and I was excited for you all....I see 10 pounds gone already or more for some of you. I felt very happy for you all but I was so sad that I didn't keep going so that I could be right there along with you. Well, I just went to the medifast site and ordered some new flavors and this time I WILL DO IT!!! :mrgreen: I like the choc so If that is what I have to drink the entire time then by Gosh thats what I will do. I ordered the choc, a vanilla, some bars and some chili. I just want to say Congrats to all of you guys for sticking with it and I also want to say THANKS so very much for this board because without coming back and reading your messages and your successes I may have not given it another shot. I just can't let you all get skinny without me...heehee. I will be starting in the next couple of days and I hope to come back soon with some results to post. You guys are the greatest!
Keep up the good work!
*~*~ALISA~*~*
~Sometimes I Think I Understand Everything,
Then I Regain consciousness~

xalisax

Postby Unca_Tim » July 14th, 2005, 11:59 pm

Welcome to the forum Alisa,
We're as excited as you are to watch those pesky pounds start melting away.

We're glad you found us.
Keep us posted.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby martha » July 15th, 2005, 5:45 am

ALISA--

We are sooo glad to have you back.. I too really only care for the dutch chocolate shakes.. I never did like all the flavors of sodas or other things.. BUT I love CHOCOLATE!! YEAP-YEAHPI do :mrgreen: )like we couldn't tell :D at 267#) anyway.. I am really proud of you for restarting.. try selling or trading the products you don't like ..at least it will help you to get rid of them.. alot of us on here will trade with you..CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN on your wise decision to come home and we don't want to get skinny without you..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LeeannNH » July 15th, 2005, 10:24 am

hi alisa!

good for you girl! coming back and buckliing down is just awesome! the first 3 days are pretty awful and i would imagine they are worse if you arent liking the product.

good luck on the restart--you can do it
leeann :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby fatfree » July 15th, 2005, 11:29 am

Alisa
Welcome to you! I know it is hard some days but believe me after the first week I would say it gets so much easier! I am hardly ever hungry at all, and believe it or not I sometimes FORGET to eat!! Now coming from a person who could basically eat all day that is just a downright MIRACLE!!
So there is hope , and of course comming here to read about everybodies struggles and their successes too helps beyond measure. Good luck to you, I know you will do great :mrgreen:
fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby want2Bthin » July 15th, 2005, 11:32 am

Alisa-

I am glad you are back on the program. You should call Nancy (her #'s up top on the screen) & talk to her about her being your Health Advisor. You will get so much more support if you have a HA then not having one.

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

YAY, you're back!!

Postby Alisha » July 15th, 2005, 12:36 pm

Alisa I'm SO glad you're back! Don't worry about the little slip - we all make them. The important thing is that you got back on that horse and you're now racing your way to slim success! I'm so happy to have you back. :)

All the very best.

Alisha :rose:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 15th, 2005, 7:03 pm

My Mom started with a similar mixed up starter kit. She didn't like 50% of what she got (she has "doctored" them now with allowed spices, diet sodas, nonfat creamers and such and is much happier with them) But she almost immediately ordered LOTS of Dutch Chocolate.

So, don't give up - stick with us all. I have only been going with it for 2 weeks and I haven't been an angel the whole time for sure! BUT DON'T QUIT ON ME!!! You give it your all and I will too! Just visualize your next 2 weeks and get losing!!! :D

:yay: You can do it all the way! :yay:
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » July 15th, 2005, 7:44 pm

Hi, Alisha ~

Getting used to a weight loss program can take some time. I didn't care for the smell or the taste when I first began either but you know what? I didn't much care for the state of fatness I constantly lived in either. I decided I wanted to be thin more than I wanted to be fat; therefore, if the food tasted like cat doo but helped me to lose weight, I was willing to eat/drink it.

Sometimes we just have to buck up and do it, no matter what!

Best wishes to you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

***Smiling***

Postby xalisax » July 16th, 2005, 1:53 am

I'm not exactly up and running yet but as soon as my new goodies arrive I will be on my way. Alisha...I went back and checked your weightloss because you started when I did the first time and it was seeing your success so far that actually gave me the nudge...so keep it up girlfriend..and a special congrats to you! Nancy...LOL..I'm telling you...I will probably turn into a walking choc shake when all this is over but I'm ready! :mrgreen: When I told my husband that I am going to give it another shot and I had ordered more products he gave me a little lecture about all the money he has spent for diet products over the years. I am out to prove him wrong this time....heehee. I have to do this for myself first and for my family. I am so tired of being tired. It kills me to wash the dishes even...I get such back pain. I know it will only get worse if I don't do something now. I am 38 years old and as age keeps catching up me so will the weight. I'm about to Nip it in the bud...haha. Well I will see you all around the board and I will let you know when I have some pounds gone. :-P
*~*~ALISA~*~*
~Sometimes I Think I Understand Everything,
Then I Regain consciousness~

xalisax

Starting again

Postby Jan » July 16th, 2005, 9:22 am

Hi Alisa,
Good for you!! You are up and running again -- you'll make it. One thing I do --to change my mind set -- you know you are not alone in "trying" all kinds of "diets" -- we most likely all have-- is to think of this not as a diet but rather a Medical Program. Very few of us will fool around with our meds and just decide to have a few more one day or not as many another. Realize this is just the same -- you're body is being treated for a problem -- we are too heavy -- we are putting a tremendous strain on our systems -- something must be done before it's too late. Ah Ha!! We have started on a medical program to help us with our problem. We will be very compliant because we know its essential -- and it is -- this has helped me and others and perhaps thinking this way will help you too. It doesn't give us much option to fool around or "cheat" does it?? That's just what we want. To be successful!! I'll be watching for your big and little losses -- they'll come
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » July 16th, 2005, 9:29 am

Howdy Doody, Alisha ~

:shock: The Husband gave you THE Lecture?

I have heard it so many times, I just about have it memorized...I heard it for the last time ever in July 2002. It was the LAST time I ever had to go on a major weight loss program...Take Shape For Life Program and its featured Medifast Products work!

Happy shaking and losing! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » July 16th, 2005, 10:00 am

HI ALISA--

Hi again-- My story is a little different as I gave myself that lecture.. you know the one where you set your own self for failing and then use the money thing as an issue to talk about..THE reason to quit only after I had already quit .. GOOD EXCUSE for me.. He never really said anything other than he hated the way I HATED myself when I got to the larger size!! I blew up(weight wise) faster than a balloon running out of air.. :mrgreen: BUT since finding MF the world is changing for me.. the skies are sunny again and all of the people on this web along with Nancy and Bonnie(HA) have made the rainy days fade out.. I thought about MF for along time.. got a video sent and all -- it sat around for months then just threw it in the garbage.. never even opened it..Thought I could never go without eating--WRONG! I love this plan and it really WORKS!!!!! I still can hardly believe it.. You can do this and we are all here for you.
Nancy--I too have done the lectures for the last time and since Doug has done the program with me--he now understands how hard it was to get to the point of being really free of food controling us and on to us controlling it.. Have a good week--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 17th, 2005, 5:38 am

Alisa,
Welcome back kiddo and you and I can turn into a choco shake together.......I don't drink anything but choco myself :D I love it so why mess with a good thing?? I don't eat any of the soups or anything else except the oatmeal and bars too :shock: I could care less!! I love everything I put in my mouth and it works for me!! :D

I know EXACTLY what you mean about back pain while washing the dishes. That ABSOLUTELY happens to me........not NOW.......but did for years and years and years and years. But notice I said NOT NOW!! ;) I will be 36 in November so our ages are basically the same so I feel a kindred spirit with you. We are YOUNG!! Now when all our weight is off we will be FREE and SASSY!!!

Jump on the wagon of weight loss with us doll and LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

Hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Alisha » July 18th, 2005, 6:23 am

Aww Alisa, that was the sweetest thing you said. I never thought my weight loss could be inspiring to anyone but I'm SO glad that it got you back on the program! Way to GO!!

Someone mentioned about changing your mindset... that's exactly what I had to do too. I don't have a hubby and I don't live with anyone but my 3 cats - however, I'm the one who shouted at myself from the inside. I have decided that this is IT! I'm fed up of trying this and trying that - only to end up heavier than where I began. I tell myself every single day that if I can't stick to this then I will be fat forever because this is as easy as it gets. I figure if I can't even stick to something as simple as this program, then it's a waste of time. And of COURSE I don't want to be fat, so that really kicks me in the backside. I even bought a stuffed pig to sit on top of my TV so everytime I see one of THOSE commercials (fast food, restaurants, etc.) I stare at Mr Pig and ask myself if I REALLY think it would be worth the cheat. I see that little rolley polley pig and think, NO WAY! I don't even bring food into the house! I have water and my shakes and that's it! So, unless I want to binge out on Splenda packets, I stay true.

Just remember when those times get tough, we're here for you. Don't give up. Log on here and vent. The chances are that you'll see such dramatic results that you'll put cheating completely out of your mind. I get tempted - but I would NOT cheat. I'm scared enough of my first plateau without adding to the frustration by setting myself back 3 or more days to get back into ketosis.

You are strong, you can do this, and you're worth it! We're all behind you 200%!

Welcome back!!

Alisha :rose:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.