afternoon of day one, somebody gave me a cookie~

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

afternoon of day one, somebody gave me a cookie~

Postby carolannjeanette » April 26th, 2007, 3:18 pm

Ugh!!! I just returned to my desk and my co-worker left me a home-made cookie on my desk. It looks so good, and it would be rude to throw it out in front of her. I wanted to eat it so bad!!! However, I just kept it on my desk, once the co-worker left I tossed it in the trash can.

Wow, that feels kind of good that I did that. When I was debating on whether or not to eat it, I told myself "choose health" and that is what I did. Although part of me wants to dive in the trash can after the cookie, but I won't act on that feeling.

Thanks for everybody's support!
carolannjeanette
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby nickieluv » April 26th, 2007, 3:27 pm

I'm with you on that one. I work in a primary school and I teach music, so whenever someone in the building has a birthday party you can imagine what comes to my door.

On that score - someday you won't have to throw it away, unless you want to (of course you wanted to today and that was awesome!). All things in moderation. How often does someone bring in cookies anyway?

Bide your time - your tastes will soften and change - and the day will come when you don't want to put anything but quality fuel in your body.

Congratulations again on throwing it away. That's a big deal and I know how hard it must have been. But it's a great show of your committment!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » April 26th, 2007, 3:35 pm

Well carolannjeannette, kudos to you. I might have had to flush the cookie down the toilet or something... that way, I KNOW it can't be retrieved!!! :roflmao:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » April 26th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Good job! It get's easier as time goes by and you see the weight coming off. The hardest thing for me to turn away are any dessert or pizza. But then I have to remember it's those things that got me fat in the first place! :mrgreen:

Keep shakin'! You're doing great! :woohoo:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mickeyz » April 26th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Wow...throwing out a cookie, you are strong. I probably could have done it but I would have cried! One time I actually squirted hand cream on a brownie in my office before I threw it out to keep me from dumpster diving. :lol:

I admire your committment. Keep it up and you'll be at your goal before you know it.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » April 26th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Great choice there. Keep it up and you may find that it will get easier as time goes on.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 27th, 2007, 12:06 pm

Mickeyz wrote:Wow...throwing out a cookie, you are strong. I probably could have done it but I would have cried! One time I actually squirted hand cream on a brownie in my office before I threw it out to keep me from dumpster diving. :lol:

I admire your committment. Keep it up and you'll be at your goal before you know it.

Mickey~
Ha........ one time I sprinkled pepper all over a brownie a co-worker brought me so that I wouldn't eat it. Whatever it takes, I guess. :mrgreen:

Carol~
Good for you. You should feel good. Your taking your first compliant steps. :yippee:

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Guest » April 27th, 2007, 1:46 pm

Way to go!
You should be proud.
I know the feeling, I passed up chips and popcorn today at work.
Best wishes!

Return to Come on in.