Greetings! Just started Wed. afternoon, July 23rd...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Greetings! Just started Wed. afternoon, July 23rd...

Postby Meka » July 24th, 2004, 6:56 pm

Hi, all! This is Tomeka from Oklahoma City!

Can you tell me what my body is doing?...I started taking shakes at 2p on Wed 7/23/04. I am on the full fast and I do the 8a (w/appetite suppresant),11a,2p (w/appetite suppresant), 5p, 8p. The shakes are 100 calories each. I cheated on Thurs. at 5p and had a croissant sandwich with some roastbeef and cheese and tomato slices (mustard for dressing)and then got back on the wagon:x then I cheated at 5p on Fri and had a bowl full of steamed brocoli w/a teaspoon of country crock and a little mrs. dash then, at about 11p had a bowl (about 2Cups) of froot loops w/1Cup of 2% milk :? Tonight at five I ate about 10 popcorn chicken pieces :| I've been doing my shakes and suppresants and water on schedule...have I hindered ketosis? Let me know...
Meka

Postby Echo » July 24th, 2004, 7:52 pm

Hi, Meka, welcome to the forum. When starting Medifast it's not uncommon to have a lot of questions and to make a few mistakes. Check out the forum and you may find people going through just what you are, and the answers to a lot of your questions.

Going off plan, especially with things high in simple carbs (sugary cereal, croissants, breaded chicken), can prevent ketosis, and weight loss. There are accepted extra's you can have on plan, like broth, pickles and celery, you can find them in the FAQ section.

This is a pretty strict plan, but if you are faithful to it you will succeed. If you get bored with only shakes try the soups and bars. Even on the modified plan (5 shakes, one lean and green meal) the meal is a small amount of lean meat and salad or green vegetables, no added fats (butter, margerine) or crispy coatings and croutons. This takes discipline and can be hard for some people, harder than staying on the full fast.

Things that I have found to help me stick to my plan are having my shakes spaced evenly apart, having the pickles, broth and celery when I need it, drinking lots of water and diet green tea, and distraction-when I am tempted I will do anything to keep me from cheating, going for a walk or to the gym, taking a nap or bath, using my teeth whitening strips-anything!

It's hard to break old habits, but if you are serious about losing the weight you can do it. Just ask if you have any questions.
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Meka » July 24th, 2004, 8:38 pm

so do I just start over tomorrow as a new day and go through to the 3rd day? :shock:
Meka

Postby Echo » July 25th, 2004, 6:52 am

Today is a new day :D You can have your do over whenever you want. I don't know what you mean by 'go through to the third day'. If you can make a commitment to yourself to stay on the plan for a week without anything off plan I promise you that you will see a change in the scale.

Take it one day at a time, take it one hour at a time if you need to. Remind yourself of your goals. It's not easy, I won't lie. If you are used to eating anything you want, when you want, how much you want, that's a hard habit to change. The good news is that habit can be changed. Just look around the forum, you will see people just like you who commited and have lost 10-20-100+ lbs!

We are in this together, Meka, one shake at a time. :stroll:
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » July 26th, 2004, 6:57 am

Yes indeed--Do-Overs are allowed!! :)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.