Yikes!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Yikes!

Postby FORMOMMY » February 17th, 2006, 8:36 am

Alright - so I TOTALLY misread what we can and cannot have as freebies. Now my 4th week is up this Monday and it looks like I will be at a 17 or 18 pound loss - pretty good, right? Except I think I may have sabotaged myself.

I have had the 3 celery stalks AND 2 dill pickles - not every day but most of the days. I didn't realize it was OR not AND!!!! Duh! I also had a fast soup yesterday AND MF crackers. I guess that is an OR as well! I feel so stupid! :oops:

Does this mean I have to start all over again? Will I have to endure the first 3 day issues or even worse stall my losses?

Help! Do you think I've totally screwed up?!!!

Need some reasonable people to calm my psychotic ranting right now! :cry:
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 17th, 2006, 8:43 am

Hi Michelle! :hug: I think you'll be just fine. After all, you didnt indulge in a chinese buffet or raid the bakery :chef: . I'm sure you won't have to endure the first three days again. Even if you DID read the list correctly, if you were extra hungry, those were good pics :) After all, we can have an extra shake on the extra hungry days, so I doubt an extra pickle or adding the crackers would have thrown you off too terribly. Just think of this as "fine tuning" the program :)

You're doing great!!!!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby stelar » February 17th, 2006, 8:44 am

:D Michelle! You lost 17-18 pounds! That's awesome! I don't think it has hurt you at all. Now you know better. :hug: Heck, I've been op since 1/18 & I've only lost 10 pounds. Pat yourself on the back, give yourself hugs & kisses :partytime: Congrats!

Shakin' with you,
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 17th, 2006, 8:51 am

I am with the others on this. I am quite sure you are just fine :thumbig:

Now if you misread the list and had a 1lb box of chocolates than yeah there may be a problem there but we learn as we go. No chocolates for us.

You have lost a great deal and you are doing great!!

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » February 17th, 2006, 8:51 am

Wow you guys answer quickly :lol:

Thank you so much! I knew I needed to "hear" a voice of reason. I do realize that it isn't like I at the plate of brownies that they had here at work yesterday (yup -you heard me) but I would hate to think that a silly error like that would ruin my hard work.

Again, thanks you guys! :heart:
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Unca_Tim » February 17th, 2006, 9:59 am

Hi Michelle,
I'm afraid you have to take those pounds back and start all over....:(

Sorry....i couldn't resist.
:roflmao:

You'll be just fine and you're doing a great job...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby FORMOMMY » February 17th, 2006, 10:05 am

Very funny Unca!!!! Very funny!!! :tongue:

O.K...so I was looking at another post and Nancy said only one snack a day. So I just added boullion to my minestrone soup for lunch which means that I can't have any other "Extra" for the rest of the day? I'll never get this right!!!! I thought bouillion/fast soup was a freebie and that only the celery or dill pickle was a "snack". So now I have to chose one of those and that is it - right? How the heck did I lose what I lost having both - geesh! The Lord must have been with me for sure!
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Lauren » February 17th, 2006, 10:09 am

Hey, Michelle-

I TOTALLY had to laugh when I read your post, because I completely related to the panic! When I first started, I didn't see that we could only have green peppers, I thought we could have red, yellow, orange, whatever...it's a pepper, right?

Well, I am happily munching away at my peppers and thinking how much I am enjoying the sweetness of them, and it triggers some thought in my head that I am enjoying them a little "too" much, and I checked the book and the forum, and only green peppers allowed!

I totally panicked, which sort of cracks me up now, because at what point in our lives did we EVER think that an extra celery stalk or some red pepper would be BAD for a diet? :-) The good news is that I was fine, and you will be as well.

All of these rules that are in place by MF are what I like to call the "path of least resistance." If we comply completely, we will see the most success with the least difficulty. But I am sure that an extra celery stalk will not be your undoing! (and what a sad alternate universe we would live in if it was a problem!)

You are doing wonderfully well, and you will surely be successful because you are being so meticulous!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » February 17th, 2006, 10:22 am

Thanks Lauren! How true - worrying about a stalk of celery or a pickle! If I was that thoughtful in what I put in my mouth before I wouldn't be in this situation now - HAHA!!!

I appreciate all the support and seeing what you have lost makes you an expert in my book. I guess I am worrying TOO much. I will follow what the plan says but won't obsess - that is the key because I can tend to do that. What? You didn't notice? My post didn't give it away???? HA!
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

LOL

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 17th, 2006, 11:17 am

I This is cute! :) I can relate tho and I think I am still a bit unsure about the difference.

I thought SF jello and bouillion were freebies too.

And that the 3 stick celery,2 pickle, 1 mf fast soup OR crackers were the one snack.? :?

Also, Michelle you reminded me of this morning..I was making the kids peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches for their lunches...and got a teensy dab of peabutter on the side of my finger...before even thinking.. I popped it in my mouth then froze :shock: I was like a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar.. I immediatly removed it and wiped off my tongue and finger...then started laughing. Funny that moment of pure panic over something like that. hehe

Your doing great!!!

Hugs,
Gna

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby falisamarie » February 17th, 2006, 11:24 am

Gina--That is too funny and reminded me of something I did the other night. I was making my hubbys B-day dinner :candle: of steak, salad, and for the rest of the family baked potatoes. Well to test to see if the potatoes were done I poked them with a fork and before I knew it the fork with potatoe on it was in my mouth!! I started spitting it out all over the kitchen which my kids and hubby found hilarious. It was such a itsy bitsy bit of potatoe probably a fraction of a calorie but I was so freaked out by it that I could not get it out of my mouth soon enough. Quite a change from my former mind set!

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby stelar » February 17th, 2006, 12:08 pm

:tears: I'm dying!! FOMAL!! We're either obsessed or REALLY dedicated. :shades:

Shakin' it!
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » February 17th, 2006, 1:22 pm

The visuals of one wiping of their tongue and the other spitting out potato is cracking me up!!!!

It is funny to think about how many times we automatically licked something or "finished" something as we were cleaning up afer the kids or our spouses or whomever.

I agree with stelar - we are either really obsessed or dedicated....I'll let you know which one I am when I figure it out! :eyecrazy:
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Return to Come on in.