Worse than last time!!!!!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Worse than last time!!!!!!!!

Postby mama2benandrachel » November 7th, 2005, 7:29 pm

It is with a heavy heart and a sick, sour stomach that I once again come to you all, guilty. I cannot believe that I am SOoooo stupid!!!!!!!! My four year old beauty, Miss Rachel wanted brownies, which I made late last night. When I came home for lunch today, I cut one for my husband and had some bites myself. I had my MF meals on time today, but the brownie (I am so STUPID) was calling me!!!!! Then I had 3 deviled eggs, some crackers, and two pieces of string cheese. I took the rest of it to work for my co-workers to eat up and they did. When I got home, I fixed my MF chili, then after I ate that, proceeded to eat a bag of ranch doritos with chip dip, about 4 oz. of cheddar and some M&Ms.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? I have been doing so good. After my back sliding on Friday night, I was 100% compliant Saturday. Yesterday, I had some chicken, but didn't go any further. Maybe my anti-depressant isn't working well anymore? Maybe the shorter days are affecting me? Maybe the complete fast is too much for me right now? Maybe I am an awful, horrible, sinful glutton!!!!!!!!

I am afraid if I do L&G that I won't be able to stop eating!!!!!!!

I'm hating myself pretty well right now. Go ahead and let me have it! You won't make me feel any worse than I already do.

#1 I am getting all of the snack food out of my house!!!!! Cookies and ice cream don't bother me, but salty junk food, i.e., doritos, chips, crackers, etc... They are my WORST enemy!!!!!

#2 I am NOT baking anymore treats until and when I am delivered from this gluttony!!!!!!!! Like after losing 150 lbs., and being on maintenance, and stabilizing my weight for about 3 years!!!!!!

#3 I am going to listen to all of my fellow MFers and follow your wisdom, advice, and understanding!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby mytime » November 7th, 2005, 10:46 pm

Mom 2 B&R - It is sooo hard when you have the snack demons in your home. I started on the full fast and quickly shifted to 5 &1 everyone in my family eats the same one. If they want a snack we buy it out and they eat it out - my son used to ask for treats but has now given up. If he wants a treat I make him MF chocolate pudding. It can be really tough - but so is being overweight. The only way we change this is to change this - and MF is the tool. Check with your MD about your antidepressant - depending on which one it may be making you anxious - a trigger for me to eat. Also the time change and less light decreases our production of neurotransmitters - the stuff that makes our mood stable - another reason people crave carbs - so if you have suffered from depression in the past you are probably more sensiitive to it - I know I am. I also think there is this thing that occurs when you lose around 30 pounds that is like well I have lost X and done so well, so I can have y. That is false information from your brain and very similar to the addiction cycle. I hear myself telling me this as well - but I won't listen b/c I know that this is not the truth and will ultimately lead me back to the zero pound club. Love yourself, love your MF and GET IT DONE !!! I am not convinced that you need to know why you went off - just that you want the wt off and know what you need to do. Good luck to you. No more head meets wall - we have ALL been there and I hope you will be there to help when it is my turn. Take care, GET SHAKIN, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Hyperion » November 8th, 2005, 5:02 am

I know it may sound simplist, but when I'm in front of a situation like that, I repeat this over and over in my head:

"Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want right now, and what you want the most."

Repeat it, yell it in your head, but remember that. And by the way, seeing you have already lost 45 pounds, it's not THAT bad for you to have done that. You just have to be aware of the consequences!

What I try to do is when I *need* that food, I try to find another way to "reward" me. Like asking my girlfriend for a LONG kiss, or going on the computer to play something, or going for a ride in car... I really think the key when you want to be a glutton is to reward yourself with something else. After all, it's part of readaptation to be able to supress junk food as reward and replace it with something less... body-hurting!!

So, my two cents would be:

- Repeat the quote I told you
- Try to clear your head and get another reward instead of food

Good luck, I'm sure you can do it! 40 pounds prove it already! :D
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ljm498 » November 8th, 2005, 7:37 am

Judy, I know you feel aweful, but please don't let this get the best of you. It's just ONE day out of many many many other GREAT, compliant days. We're bound to slip and fall at some point. The good thing is you recognize what triggered it. I know, I tried too to make baked goods for my son and husband but, it just doesn't work. It's just too great a temptation. Especially if you happen to be in a certain time of the month when it seems all reason goes out the window (for me anyway). You need to say to the family, sorry guys, but I can't do it right now. I need to stay on track and that will slip me up. They love you and want you to be healthy, I'm sure they will understand. And you're right, get all of the junk that will tempt you out of the house! It's your enemy right now, treat it as such.

Overall, just keep plugging away, no matter how long it takes and no matter how many re-tries. You will get there! Look how well you've done so far!

Good luck!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby josephine » November 8th, 2005, 7:53 am

Hyperion,
I typed out your quote and I'm going to post it on my computer. I do great during the week but out of 3 weekends on Medifast, I've cheated two of them. This past weekend was absolutely awful. I regained 5 lbs over the weekend and am beating myself up and feel really bad. Like why am I spending all this money on this program if I'm just going to blow it on the weekend? Anyway, thanks for your words of wisdom.
josephine

Postby Hyperion » November 8th, 2005, 8:01 am

Hi Josephine,

Actually the credit for this quote goes to someone (I don't remember who) who had that in his signature on the forum.

Let's be there for each other! If you have a food attack, come in there, type in the problem, your state of mind, anything!

I'll be there to help (I hope so!!)

And repeat these words over and over again!

Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want NOW and what you want THE MOST.

I know you can do it!!
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby josephine » November 8th, 2005, 8:51 am

Hyperion,
Thank you SO much. You made me feel so supported. Thank you, thank you, thank you, you've given me encouragement. And yes let's be there for each other. That's what this board is all about.
josephine

Postby Gwenski » November 8th, 2005, 12:41 pm

Judy-

No more negative talk about yourself. You are working hard and struggling. This is SO not easy. Being human we are not and cannot expect to be perfect. Free will is a blessing a curse.

Having little ones around puts you around non-MF food and that makes it every more difficult. I too like the salty snack foods. All the baked goodies are no match for Cheetos and Doritos in my office. Just smelling them makes me drool. I do a 180 and take a walk, drink water or chew jum to get it out of my head.

You will find your stride and this can work for you. Maybe you can alternate full MF and L&G? Talk to your hubby and see if he can step in and help you out some in the kitchen so you won't feel so alone with all the goodies avaible.....clearing it all out helps too.

Remember, you can do this!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Postby mama2benandrachel » November 8th, 2005, 8:42 pm

Thank you, EVERYONE!!!!!!! You ALL rock! I had a wonderful MF day!!!!!! I'm going to stay away from MF bars for a while. I think they may be making me crave carbs.
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room