Ok, it was me this time...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Ok, it was me this time...

Postby junglejane » March 28th, 2005, 11:41 am

Ok, someone was bound to not do well over Easter and it was me. No chocolate bunnies but not really compliant. I'm afraid to weigh myself until next Sunday. I don't know if it was the stress of traveling with the family or my father having a stroke but I was back to my old ways in a hurry. I've got to find a new coping mechinism that is not edible. I seemed to be fine until my mother in law made her famous chocolate water cake. I usually am not a fan of cake but she KNOWS it is my favorite in the world. She also insisted that I take the entire cake home with me because she and my father in law are "dieting". I told her I couldn't take it home because I was not ready yet to have the temptation around me. She guilted me into it by saying she would throw it away if I didn't take it home. How is that for sabbatage? She said the kids could eat it I didn't have to. This is true but now I wish I would have said "Ok, throw it away" because it is calling me every time I cut a piece for one of the kids. I've tried prayer, exercise, and crafts to busy myself today. I admit I did eat a small bit this morning. Nothing else is tempting me but this stupid chocolate cake without a brain or thought process. I can't let an inanimate object talk me into something when it doesn't have a mouth to speak. That's IT! I feel better now! Thanks for reading my babble all who did. I just needed this to kick myself in the pants and back on plan. Now I will look at this cake like this: :x and walk AWAY!!
We will emerge to show the beauty within...

junglejane
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 28th, 2005, 11:46 am

Go throw the cake in the outside garbage can! Fast!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby raederle » March 28th, 2005, 11:51 am

Yes! Yes! Throw it out! I have done this, and though it makes me feel bad to waste food, that feeling soon passes to be replaced by relief-- relief that I will NOT be tempted by the stupid cake one more minute! Don't let your mom's insensitivity to your needs ruin your hard work any longer. Dump the cake!!!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby junglejane » March 28th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Thanks Rae and 24K. I will cut one more piece for each child and my husband wrap it up tight and put it in the fridge and empower myself by not picking one bit and throwing the rest away! Outside! Just needed you girls to tell me it is OK to pitch it. I didn't realize what a hang up I have about the whole waste the food thing. Hmmmm....must be harboring a childhood memory there somewhere. Thanks again!

junglejane

Postby kassilou » March 28th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Yes, THROW IT OUT!!! and don't feel guilty about it!!!!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Postby junglejane » March 28th, 2005, 12:01 pm

Thank you too, Kassilou! I was writing my reply when you posted!

junglejane

Postby raederle » March 28th, 2005, 12:07 pm

Here's a trick I used sometimes: If you need to pitch food (this includes leftovers from a family dinner that are not MF compliant, stuff you shouldn't have bought, and stuff other people foist on you) because you know it will tempt you but you feel too guilty to toss it, take a few dollars (whatever you think the food would cost to replace) and put it in a piggy bank reserved just for buying new clothes for YOU when you reach goal. That way, you're not really wasting money because you're saving an equal amount, and you are symbolically investing in your future skinny body.

And wouldn't you pay someone $5 or $500 or $1000 (or more!) if you could be skinny in an instant? Well, start saving! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby 24KaratGold » March 28th, 2005, 12:08 pm

If it makes you feel any better, you aren't wasting nutrition, you're wasting empty calories. Better to waste them than waist them....
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby raederle » March 28th, 2005, 12:10 pm

24KaratGold wrote:Better to waste them than waist them....

Ha ha ha!!! That's so terrific I think I'll post that on my fridge! :roflmao:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby doglover » March 28th, 2005, 12:19 pm

We actually are involved in several dinner groups and I have taken food forced on us to the local Fire Department! I cut the cake in 1/2 to be sure no germs are spread. The fire men know me so well that they know what I bring them is safe! Is there someone like that you can pass things along to? Then you won't feel like you are wasting it!

But if not - THROW IT OUT!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 28th, 2005, 7:25 pm

raederle wrote:And wouldn't you pay someone $5 or $500 or $1000 (or more!) if you could be skinny in an instant? Well, start saving! :mrgreen:

Rae...prior to Medifast...I would have remorgaged the house...in a heartbeat!!!!!

Junglejane....I can definitely relate to the temptation and God knows..before MF I would have finished it completly so it wouldn't be in site... :oops: ...and give it away?...oh no ..not little Miss Piggy....not when it was my favorite....this is only an analogy....If we thought that cake or whatever the temptation is would give someone we love Cancer or a Stroke we would not give it a second thought...it would be in the garbage with no guilt....well in a sense too much cake leads to too much weight ...which leaves our bodies vunerable to disease..... so if you have to ...think of it like that or like a timebomb ready to explode ..HURRY GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE.... :coach: HURRY....HURRY ... ;)

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room