Second Time

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Second Time

Postby ochiatl » October 28th, 2005, 9:25 pm

This is my second time on Medifast and it is harder this time for some reason. The first time I lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks, but I ran out of money do to a family emergency. However, this time I purchased enough for a month. It has been to days and I am finding myself extremely hungry. I had 2 slices of lean turkey sandwhich meat for a snack yesterday and today. They have only 2g of carbs each, but they have 90 calories. How bad is this? Will this cause me problems? I don't plan on continuing this, but I am worried that I have not entered into ketosis because of this. Please let me know. Oh, I also had a stalk of celery each day. I have 60 lbs to loose to be at an acceptable weight for my height and frame. I would appreciate any advise or information you can give.
One day at a time!

ochiatl

Also

Postby ochiatl » October 28th, 2005, 9:29 pm

My birthday is on Monday. My husband and I are going out to dinner. Is lobster okay and is a little butter allowed? I really want to lose at least 20 lbs by Thanksgiving:)
One day at a time!

ochiatl

Postby missahc » October 30th, 2005, 7:10 am

Hi Ochiatl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Congratulations on starting your road to good Health!
Here's my advice:

Study the quick start book. 7oz of turkey is ok for your 1 meal.
Are you eating all your supplements? The 1st 3 days are difficult but it should get easier if you are following the plan. 64oz's of water....5 supplements and 1 lean and green meal. Eat every 2.5 to 4 hours. Lobster is ok but not butter. If you keep doing this over and over you will lose the 60 lbs . Good luck, it will get easier ....
06/11/05
350/250/170
missahc
Regular Member - #100 Club
Regular Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » October 30th, 2005, 5:29 pm

But "turkey sandwich meat" isn't the same thing as turkey, especially if it has 2 grams of carb per slice. Real turkey has no carbs (plus a whole lot less salt than the processed stuff it sounds like you're eating). Also, was this a snack or part of your lean and green meal?

Being hungry the first few days is very common. I'd stick with celery or pickles or sliced cucumber when you're hungry, or if it's really bad you can also have an extra shake or soup or whatever.

And since you're just starting out, if it were me, I'd wait till AFTER my birthday so I could enjoy the lobster and butter. Because butter's not really allowed.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.