Weight Loss & the Opposite Sex....

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby alpha femme » September 10th, 2006, 12:00 pm

this is the time when you figure out how emotionally heathy you are and how much work you need to do.

an emotionally healthy person will be flattered by the attention, say thank you to compliments, and keep their existing committments (if any).

an unhealthy person will begin to seek out attention, act impulsively, and cause destruction in their life. often the people who choose this route feel like something is "owed" to them.

people already know, instictively, which they will be. the key to success in life is to bend your reality to fit the life YOU want. isn't that what mf is? creating the body you want through the means you decide most acceptable?

i have, personally, seen bypass patients behave so out of control that i was embarrassed for them. (and in one case simply devasted). those people are the ones i feel the worst for-- because they have traded one addiction for another. you know the weight is coming back once the cycle comes back to the start.

dating is great! but remember that we are each whole without someone else around to tell us we are. attention is flattering! and we should be able to feel flattered without craving more. learning this is as important as learning to pass on the candy dish.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Amber » September 10th, 2006, 12:22 pm

I think that, maybe, what people are reacting to is attitude more than appearance.
We (yes, the collective we), for the most part, feeling pretty good about ourselves and quite confident in general. People feed off of others' confidence. I know, that when I do not feel good about myself, it shows in a myirad of ways. Ditto when I am feelin' "phat".
There are always the shallow folk for whom appearance is everything...; but, it seems, many good people are attracted by attitude and positive energy.
Keep putting out the positive vibe, Losers!
:hi5:
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'