weight loss

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

weight loss

Postby buterpecan » February 3rd, 2004, 12:07 pm

Hello everyone, its me again, just needing some encouragement. Stepped on the scale after 6 days and had only lost 4lbs, and i thought, BOY IS THIS REALLY WORTH IT, all i have gone through, the constipation, the going to the bathroom all times of night after drinking all the water, the being so cold ( i have been roasting my kids with heat) wearing 2 shirts, bypassing all that good smelling and tasting food. I know i didnt put it on in 6 days so i know i cant take it off that fast but 4lbs, I thought i would lose more than that with just the water loss. I know it gets better and i am going to hang in there. I do notice that i m not hungry as much anymore and sometimes i have to force that extra shake or bar because sometimes it seems so much (i said sometimes hahahah) and the bars and food have started to taste better to me (I'm doing the 5/1 modified) but my goodness i hope this Saturday i have lost more than 4 lbs again. I know the plan says 2-5lbs a week but i thought by me being so big at least 10lbs would come off for the first few weeks.
buterpecan

Postby Jeanette » February 3rd, 2004, 12:39 pm

Hold on!!!!!! You might be surprised at what the scale will say on the seventh or eight day.

Have faith in the program!!! It works!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

dont give up

Postby TamiL » February 3rd, 2004, 2:07 pm

Dont give up!! that scale will budge again..I know this by reading all the forums and from what others have experienced..our weight fluctuates to much..for so many different reasons!! today is only my first day..and Im not weighing in till next week..once a week will be good for me!! same time..same place every week!! and yes..in my birthday suit!! 8)

dont give up! hang in there butterpecan!!
we are all routing for you!!

play with the shakes...get them in a blender and spice them up a bit so you dont get bored!!
when your down or lonley..or need some support...just come here and read the posts!
its gotten me through day one...almost!! going strong!!
;) TamiL
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 3rd, 2004, 10:42 pm

Hi BP,
You got quite a few reasons there for wanting to stay fat, but are they good enough?

I'll bet if you think a little, you can think of many more reasons why you should give this the best shot you can.

Whenever i see someone struggling here, I just hope with all my heart they can just be true to the program for 30 days. By then you'll know all the benefits from sticking with it and won't turn back.

Ok....let's say all you lose is 4 pounds a week (I bet you do better than that). I want you to search the net when you have time, and if you can find another program that's clinically proven, and you can safely lose 24 pounds a month on, I'll personally buy you a month's supply of Medifast.

Let see...this is about the 1st of Feb. By around the first of June summer will just be kicking in, and you can be nearly 100 pounds lighter. (If you have that much to lose and stay true to the program)

You can do it. The program can do it. It's up to you. We'll all be here to help you keep it off when you get there. Just give it 30 days.

:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby finalstraw » February 4th, 2004, 7:27 am

You will have good days and bad days. That is why this forum is here, we will celebrate with you and we will cry with you and we will encourage you.

I agree with Unca, give it 30 days, then decide. :D

I have been on it for 18 days and lost 21.5 lbs. I have 5 days at a time sometimes when I don't budge on the scale, then all of a sudden 2 to 3 lbs at a time.

It is frustrating, take it one day at a time, on days you don't loose, go to bed and think ' Hopefully Tomorrow'. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

30 days?

Postby explorthis » February 4th, 2004, 8:36 am

You will have good days and bad days. That is why this forum is here, we will celebrate with you and we will cry with you and we will encourage you.

I agree with Unca, give it 30 days, then decide

I agree with what was said, the reason Tim wants you to go 30 days, is because IT WORKS, in 30 days, you will see progress, and realize it is the only program that works like this. There is not oppertunity for you to fail. Do what Tim said, search the net, yada yada yada, healthy, medically proven etc.. I had heard it all, I just wanted the weight off as 99% of us here do. Yes I want to be healthy, but I was tired of being FAT. Medifast is common CENTS. Yes it is proven, yes its healthy. You are here to lose weight. Since you are comitted, (you bought the produce, you are taking the product, and you ar here for support) you MUST lost the weight. You are consuming only 500 calories a day. This is the easy part - the part where you lose weight. Its hard at first, trust me whan I say it is a lifestyle change. Realize it is going to happen. It will not happen overnight, but IT WILL HAPPEN. DO not give up. DO not even think about leaving this program. Where are you going? Some other "portion controlled" diet? THis IS THE LAST STOP. This is the program that works. Take my advice, from the guy that started 1000 diets, and had no control, and that ate everything in sight. This is the last stop. It was the last stop for me, and it WORKED. You have to give it time. GIVE IT A CHANCE to prove itself. I will help you in anyway I can, as I am sure everyone else here will. DO NOT GIVE UP.

BOY IS THIS REALLY WORTH IT, all i have gone through, the constipation, the going to the bathroom all times of night after drinking all the water, the being so cold ( i have been roasting my kids with heat) wearing 2 shirts, bypassing all that good smelling and tasting food.

Trade off: Constipation for a short time, or staying overweight?
Trade off: lots of water or, staying overweight?
Trade off: waering 2 shirts, or staying overweight?
Trade off: roasting kids, or staying overweight?

Easy answer, I will gladly trade thin for any of the above!!!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Born to Run » February 4th, 2004, 10:48 am

Amen!!!

Mike you are so motivating, what an inspiration you are!! I keep telling myself if you and the others can do this I can too.

Today is my 9th day on the plan, however I did slip up a bit on Sunday at a Super Bowl party. I think everyone there was out to sabotage me. I felt like I was having a bad dream where plates & plates of food were being shoved at me, none of it healthy of course. I did try to stick with lean & green (baked chicken & salad) and really limited what I ate, but am sure that that I ate more than I should have.

I can totally relate to Butterpecan... I have not weighed myself yet, because I don't want to be discouraged by what the darn scale says :x . But what I can say is I feel so much better. I was popping Advil everyday for all my aches and pains and I don't think I've taken any for the last week. So, I'm not worrying about the scale right now but I do know I am feeling great. Just give it some time and maybe put your scale away for now.

So here's to being thin and healthy!

B2R
Born to Run

where are you butter?

Postby TamiL » February 5th, 2004, 10:43 am

Butterpecan...where are you? been a few days, and hope your shakin is going okay? let us know!!

dont give up! were all here for you..just come to the forum!! :lol:

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room