WEIGHT LOSS

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

WEIGHT LOSS

Postby Duane » August 11th, 2004, 11:04 am

Hello all-

I am so excited to see a place that supports the Medifast Program. I actually did the program about one year ago. SInce then I got ill and then had a kid. (HE IS 7 MONTHS OLD TODAY) Needless, to say I picked up some weight and am starting Medifast again. :shock: I attempted to start about three weeks ago but did not even last a day. Reading the posting I am ready to roll. I have official started TODAY. I am doing the complete meal replacement. I weight 240 and would like to go back to 150. I will consider it a stride once I have reached 215. I do have a couple of questions that maybe someone can help me with. What can you use to help with hunger until you are in a state of ketosis? Secondly, I get a build up of flem at the back of my throat and tongue. What is this about? I do not have any sensitivites to milk. Has anyone experience this?

Dee
Duane

Postby LongWay2go » August 11th, 2004, 11:26 am

Hello Duane!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I'm new around here myself, having just started the plan last Friday, but I'll tell you, you won't find support anywhere else like you will here!

Those first 3 or 4 days are the toughest and you'll just have to get through them. Munch some celery stalks or dill pickles, but don't go overboard!

If you're having a lot of phlem, it could be from not drinking enough water, believe it or not! Or drinking too much artificially sweetened stuff. That stuff gives me phlem like crazy!

Again, welcome aboard!

-Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Dee » August 12th, 2004, 1:33 pm

Thanks for responding. I am probably not drinking enough water. I did not know that dill pickles where okay. (I don't particularly like celery.) You go with the weight loss. I am am excited.

Happy Losing :-P
Dee

Postby explorthis » August 12th, 2004, 2:10 pm

Hey, Dee… Welcome by the way.

I am also a celery hater, BUT – the bouillon thing is a life saver. You will need additional sodium, because with Medifasting, your body is going to lack that everyday salt you were used to getting. Give it a wing, take about 2-3 stalks, and dice it up real fine and with some good flavored bouillon, and some seasonings, add the celery into your “soup”, you will become a believer. I still to this day will not eat celery, but in a hot 2-cupper of the faux soup, trust me, it’s worth a shot.

And... get used to water, it's a lifesaver, and prepares you for after, when Medifast is behind you. You NEED lots of water, no matter what. Additionally a huge glass fills you up in times of need.

Glad your here!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 12th, 2004, 4:16 pm

Hi Duane! :wave:

Welcome to DAY ONE on the train to thinville, better body bus, losers lounge, and other fond handles for this lifesaving forum. Happy to hear from others with prior MF experience!

Happy 7 month birthday to your baby son! :bounce:
Think how much thinner you're gonna be when he's a year old or even another 7 months from now!

Yes, the skurge of the mouth hits me too, and drinking LOTs and LOTs of nature's champagne keeps it at bay.

Here's to your success! :toast:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » August 15th, 2004, 12:28 am

Howdy doooo, Duane ~

Sorry I missed seeing your question but bless their THINNER :heart: :heart: , the Forum Friends have come to your rescue!

If you are hungry, have 1-2 more shakes in these first few days or so - don't drink double-sized shakes but have them closer together -like every two hours, rather than every three hours.

YES!! Drink more water, it will help with the ahem...cough, hack, hock-pooey...phlegm prob. Use your fang brush to scrape your tongue. Gosh my tongue felt so furry at first when I started Medifasting. I use a tongue scraper now every day!

Congrats to you for your new little guy!

Shake it off!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Duane » August 16th, 2004, 11:21 am

You guys are awesome!!!!! I am so digging this website. I will keep everone posted. I will weigh in next week.

DEE :D
Duane

Return to Weight Loss