Week 2 and new to forum.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Week 2 and new to forum.

Postby elle4nelly » February 4th, 2004, 10:59 am

Hi!

I started on Jan 20th and as of today I have lost 17lbs. I lost 14lbs the first week and 3 lbs week 2. I admit I was a little upset. I really thought I'd be loosing a steady 5lbs a week??? I am so desperate to loose fast!! I can't bear another diet with a lb lost here and there..you know? The kind that takes 1 year to loose 40 lbs. I started at 244 and today I am at 227. Does anyone weight loss decreases on week 2 and then pick up again afterward?? Help! don't want to get discourage oh so soon!

Thanks
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby finalstraw » February 4th, 2004, 11:03 am

First, don't be discouraged. :cry:

You are losing. Yes, I experienced a drastic slow down after the first week and I too was disappointed. The one thing we are have to keep an eye on is that we are losing.

Have you noticed that you feel better?

Oh, I almost forget - WELCOME! :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby moutoncove » February 4th, 2004, 11:23 am

Hi Nelly and Welcome

Whow! you did really great your 1st week. 14 lbs. It would take 2 to 3 months on other diets to lose that much. Losing 3# a week is great. We all want it to go away in a couple of weeks but we have to be realistic - it ain't gonna happen. If I can lose a steady 3# every week I would be soooooooooo happy. I would much rather 5 but I'll be glad to take 3.

Don't get discouraged. Look how much further you are already on MF than you would be on anything else. According to all the posts on this Board this is the only diet I know of that works fast. Keep the faith. It will come off. It'll take time but not as long as on the other diets. The way I understand this diet works fast - just not in two weeks.

Keep shaking!
Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby shineface » February 4th, 2004, 12:11 pm

Welcome!!!

I'm fairly new also and on week two. I would love to be losing as much as I did the first week - but it's not gonna happen.
Actually, I am SO glad you posted today because I've been feeling really rotten today due to the slower loss of weight.

BUT what has been said is so true. A consistent 3 to 5lbs a week is an awesome result! I have to remember this - everyday is part of the journey. I do have more energy since I started this plan --- I have seen true miracles right here on this forum. The people. I want to be one of those people --- yeah, my driving force may be wanting to look good --even though I do understand the health benefits----- and yes the health benefits long term for the rest of my life are endless.
I always get what I need - thank you GOD. I saw the ad for Medifast when I was so desperate about my weight and convinced there were no other plans of value to even try - then a new opportunity for success --- then I found the forum-people that understand and are doing it everyday and are willing to do it with me together.

I'm home today and - I still can't think of this without feeling so sad - I was channel surfing while I was slurping .... I stopped when I saw a picture on the screen of a woman - a huge woman - I had no idea so I watched - because I identified. Unfortunately I found I'd stumbled into an episode of "The Best (oximoron)of Springer" --The episode was a 14 year old who takes care of her 1600 pound mother. I watched for a while - one of those couldn't look away ---- because I heard about and saw parts of me and my life. The pain, the frustration, the family hurt, the woman herself not really living and feeling it and getting in deeper and deeper and other people not really understanding anything when they looked at her other than she was FAT. Her pain, her pain, HER PAIN!!! There but for the grace of GOD go I --- I understood so many of the things she had to say --- the progression of her situation. IT SCARED ME TO DEATH - sadly, at the end the update was that she had died not long after taping the original show ----to get her on the show -she was taped in her own home and promised help and treatment and support that her insurance did not cover -- she never lived long enough to recover. I think she was younger than I am - pleasant, pretty and so tortured - what I tragedy. I don't want to be a tragedy. I want to be HEALTHY in those tight jeans or high heeled boots ....

Sorry for going on and on but today I've been touched once again with the fact that I can't do this alone --- I need all of you --- thanks for listening. Take Care of YOU!

Pam
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Thank you for replying

Postby elle4nelly » February 4th, 2004, 12:24 pm

Thank you all for replying! You made me feel better! I intend to stick to it. Right now I try a complete fast only 2 days a week...not because I'd like to eat but because I was a little scared to do more than a couple days a week. Do you all think I'd get an extra pound off a week if I did a complete fast or it doesn't really matter!!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby finalstraw » February 4th, 2004, 12:52 pm

Thanks Pam for that wonderful post. :D

Nelly, I don't know how to answer your question regarding modified vs. full fast. Here is a post where we were discussing the two. It has some great ideas about mixing the two together. http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/view ... =full+fast

Hang in there all. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Thank you

Postby elle4nelly » February 4th, 2004, 1:28 pm

Wow!

Thank you for the forum link! I read it and it gave me more courage. I realize that I have no reason during the week for food intake..On weekend I couldn't do a full fast with all the stuff that goes around me. But I can do a Monday thru Thursday complete fast and have a modified fast friday thru sunday night. I think that would be reasonable for me. BUT..should I stay away from exercise on those full days fast? Don't want to pass put on a machine or something! I know I ask a lot of rather stupid questions! Just trying to get it right! I thank you for your help.

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Jeanette » February 4th, 2004, 1:36 pm

Nelly (It's gettin' hot in herre....so take off...oops! Sorry! Singing a Nelly song!):

I lost 12 pounds the first week, 2 pounds the second and 6 pounds the third. It's kind of wacky, but in the end, it is all about averages.

My average weight loss is 4 pounds per week. Hang in there!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 4th, 2004, 2:25 pm

Thanks Jeanette! I have all the intentions of hanging in there! Not Quitting at all. So do you exercise at all? Not sure if working out on complete fast days is a good idea!!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Jeanette » February 4th, 2004, 3:04 pm

Do I exercise? You bet I do!!

I go to Curves 3-5 times a week. I did not start, however, until about the 4th week in the program. You need at least that long for your body to adjust to the lower calorie intake.

I have a shake right before I work out, and then about an hour after I am finished. I haven't experienced any dizziness or other problems by doing this.

I feel so much better having regular exercise in my life. It helps me sleep better at night, and I am so much more flexible than I ever have been!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 4th, 2004, 3:28 pm

:D

Ok! I am so glad everyone is so kind and supportive. This was my first day in the forum and I am amazed at how everyone really cares! I'm touched! Thank you very much! I did exercise 2x this week for 30 minutes. I'll keep it to 3 times a week until week 4 and add one more session and keep it at say 4 times a week for 30 minutes. Prior to starting this weight loss ..I exercised intensely. I love exercising!! I was 244lb and at the gym 5-6 days a week for 5 months working out for 1.5 to 2 hours each session...eating 1200 to 1400 calories...yeah...I lost that 1lb a week deal for a whoping 20lbs in 5 months!! ( originally I was 263 lbs) No Thanks! I know I started this forum with complains about loosing only 3 lbs at the end of week 2 but I guess it beats the 20lbs I lost eating 1200 low fat high carb and exercising like a freak!!
This is far better. I also like not having to think about every little thing that goes in my mouth!! Right now until I reach my goal of 133lbs, all I want to do is concentrate on the weight loss. I'll go back to the 1.5 to 2 hours workout( which I really loved) when I reached my goal. combine with a moderate calorie intake and healthy food choice. I am sure never to see this body get fat again!!
HUGH!
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Hey Nelly

Postby TamiL » February 4th, 2004, 10:19 pm

Hello Nelly...welcome to the forum. I am on day #2..and still going strong!! :-P
got a ways to go!!

I like to work out as well...heavy or not, I honestly think that working out keeps me sain!! If I work out in the mornings..I feel better, think better, react better to just about everything!!
I am going to follow the advise of the program..and really cut back on my workouts for about 3 weeks..then speed it up a bit!

I really like to do strengh training as well. I lost alot of weight (one of the many times) long ago..and noticed that when I weight train...I loose INCHES like nothing!! lean muscle is great for loosing fat...
I figure when I weight train..that will be a great time to eat a bar right afterwards..it will give you the protien/carb ratio you need for the muscle to start building!!
for now..IM just taking it easy...walking 20 min a day...after a few weeks..Ill step it up and do the 45 min a day walk..along with a few days a week of weight training. :weightlift:

Alot of women go to curves...but its too far of a drive for me...combining cardio and strengh training in a circut session is very similar to curves!! gets your heart rate up to boost your metabolism..and gets your muscles working as well...an all around good workout!

CANT WAIT TO DO IT!! another think to keep in mind is that when you do work out with weights...your loss wont show up much on the scale..but it will reflect in inches...your clothes will measure that!!
keep on shakin girlfriend!!
this forum is awesome....I spend alot of time reading over posts and replying..its medicine to me. Its nice to know that others are doing just what I am...and we are all feeling/hoping/striving for the same things!

;) Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 5th, 2004, 7:02 pm

Hi Tami!

I hear what you're saying about exercise. I 've always loved exercising. I usually do it in the morning too..keeps me sane as well! I use to do a lot of weight training and still subscribe to these 2 magazines " oxygen" and Muscle fitness for her. I love strengh training for the way it makes you feel stroger and stand taller. But i guess for now...I have to keep real light... I don't want to overdo anything. Had a tough evening last night...i got really moody and found myself fixing one small meal after another and then throwing it all away 'cause I didn't even want to eat it?? I thought:" Gee! Soon I'll be skinny and Psycho too!!! So i got so moody and frustrated i went to bed without my mini meal. in otherword I had a complete fast day!! I'm laughing now! Anyway..Thanks for the encouragement! I intend to stick to this!! till the end!

:)

nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

life is hard..food is easy

Postby TamiL » February 5th, 2004, 9:56 pm

Hey Nelly! I love both those magazines as well!! I also like shape for the inspirational stories they have every month!! I normally go to Barnes and Nobles on boring nights...and read all the magazines I like instead of buying them now!! I slowly ended up with piles of magazines that I read thru once..and threw in a pile!!

I am going to start working out with weights in a few weeks. but I will be sure to take measurements first..or just try on a pair of tight jeans and let those be my guide since the scale may increase at times when working out..and your still loosing inches!!

if you have a chance to get the book thats offered to buy on the web site where you order your supplements...theres a book called Life is hard..food is easy..Ive read almost the whole book in just a few days..it helps in learning why we are tempted to eat the way we WANT to...and our behaviours that got us overweight in the first place..its a great book!!

IM just hitting the sack now...got a bit of insomnia I guess you could say..along with the other lovley symptoms of day 3!! but in just 8 minutes..its going to be day 4!! keep shakin!!

we will all get to our goals....one by one!! pound by pound!!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 6th, 2004, 8:20 am

Hi!

I will get the book! last 2 days have been hard at night! trying hard to fight the demons of food craving! I 'm not hungry...but I keep wanting starch. Everytime I go on a diet...my desire for starch increases...yet when I'm not on a diet I eat very little of it!!! Go figure. I'll get the book! Thanks for the info! Keep on shakin!

Nelly

Start: 01/20/04 at 244lbs
01/27/04 230lbs
02/03/04 227lbs
Goal : 133lbs
Down 17lbs 94 more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Next

Return to Come on in.