New to this Forum

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New to this Forum

Postby granolagirl » February 14th, 2004, 5:16 am

Hi folks,
I've already responded a couple times, but I will put this out there as my intro.

I started Medifast last year in the summer. Lost 25 pounds after several months (modified, diabetic plan). Had a surgery and some other interruptions, but have maintained my loss up to this point. Now I am ready to lose the remaining weight (about 25 more pounds) and I am really hoping to get off of this plateau.

I have been back on the precise diet for 5 days and feel bloated and yucky...no weight loss yet and the ketosis seems to kick in and then I feel like I'm slipping back out.

Anyway, it is so nice to have this forum to read about things I've forgotten over the months (like how much water I really need to drink) and to have people to talk to at all hours (like right now at 4:00am!).

Looking forward to "meeting" y'all.

Granolagirl
granolagirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 14th, 2004, 7:15 am

Hiya Granolagirl!

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby moutoncove » February 14th, 2004, 9:08 am

Hi Granolagirl,

Welcome home. Good job on keeping those 25# off. At least you don't have to start over with the whole 50# again. Stick with this program, ask questions, come here for support and there should be no reason you can't lose that other 25#.

Good luck, and oh by the way Happy Valentines Day! Watch out for those nasty chocolates.

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Feeling Yucky

Postby Lisa Castro » February 14th, 2004, 10:08 am

Dear Granola Girl,

First of all, what a journey you've been on. Glad your back on the program. I also went through feeling yucky when I started the program last summer. Serveral of my family members, starting about the same time, all seemed to have this new-found energy while I felt light-headed, nauseous and tired. I contacted the Take Shape for Life Advise Nurse and asked her when I was going to get that energy everyone else was experiencing. She said because of my auto-immune disorder, I should be on the Modified program and consuming one extra shake a day. I also figured out I needed to drink more water than the recommended 64 ounces. I feel best drinking around 90 ounces. I know it sounds like a lot, but my body adapted and I started enjoying the rewards of good nutrition and a skinnier me.
It took me longer to lose than the rest of my family (30 pounds in 3 month), but I have now enjoyed my maintained weight and health for several months! It was so worth it!!

Hang in there!
Lisa CHA
Lisa Castro

Postby hecate » February 15th, 2004, 8:55 am

Apparently, the weight loss catches up. I wouldn't get too despondent over it yet.

I started on this and only lost 5 lb in the first week.
Today is the end of the second week and I've lost another 5lb.

BUT that's 10lb total and more than I have done in that amount of time in any other diet I have tried.

I guess we all lose at our own rate. I've heard that the closer you get to your target weight, the more difficult it is and the slower the loss.
It's not my problem as I have a LONG WAY to go. You are much closer to your goal.

It will work, there is no doubt about it!

Michele
hecate
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 15th, 2004, 11:37 am

Granolagirl

It is great to have you. You are helping alot of us that are on the program and wondering if we will keep it off. It is great to hear that you kept off 25 lbs.

Welcome, we are all here for you. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

welcome!

Postby BonitaGirl » February 15th, 2004, 3:25 pm

Hey Sweetie!! Glad to see you made it here and are posting. This forum has helped me make it through the really tough times, like when I almost attacked our coworker for her chicken salad, and I know it will help you. Something about all of us with a commn goal and going through the same steps that will forge a bond that is hard for others to understand.

Granolagirl and I are coworkers and sit next to each other. She is actually the one who first introduced me to this program. She has been a huge support for me! She and another coworker saved me the other day when I had finally given in to the 300 pastries in the kitchen. I came back to my desk with it and they made me realize that I really didn't want to do that, and I gave it away to the skinny dude who could really use the extra calories. :D
-----------------------------
"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't"

Started on 1/14/04 at 269, today I am at 251.5
BonitaGirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.