New to forum

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New to forum

Postby jewelz » August 16th, 2004, 1:59 pm

Hello All,

I am on day 16 and feel alittle frustrated I lost 10 pound very rapidly then haven't have a change in the scale in 10 days??? I am trying to think of what might be causing this but can't figure it out. I am going to try working out 45 min. a day instead of 30 min. and drink more water than the 64 ounces I have been. I am on the full fast, just 5 shakes a day no food and am being monitored by a doctor. I guess I have a very slow metabolism? I just wanted to introduce myself and share my frustration. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
262/222/150
jewelz

Postby LongWay2go » August 16th, 2004, 2:03 pm

Hi Jewelz!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I'll leave the advice to the experts, but wanted to say "hello" and welcome you to this forum. You'll find some great support here, as I have!

- Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 16th, 2004, 6:39 pm

Welcome Jewelz,

Wow 10 pounds already! Congratulations! I too get frustrated not seeing a progressive steady loss so I only weigh once a month to avoid that. My body is extremely efficient and holds on to every little morsel like it's my last, and when I'm not giving it the usual amount of food, it just goes into lock down and holds on to every bit of fat I have as a reserve. Eventually, it's giving it up, and hopefully realizing that the smaller amounts of foods are now the usual. When you think about it, the human body is an incredible machine. Hope you see more progress sooner rather than later as I know how frustrating that is. Take good care and drink lots of water.

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » August 17th, 2004, 12:02 am

Hi there, Jewelz ~

We are glad that you are here.

I am curious about a few things.

Did you receive The Quick Start booklet with your first order of Medifast Products?

Have you read it? If not, turn right now to page number 11 and read it out loud.

You are exercising and you are exercising way too much! Don't even think of upping your routine to 45 minutes. This is Day 16 and you ought to be doing no exercise. Yet. AND when you do, it needs to be gentle and then gradually increase it...

How much do you weigh? How old are you? I assume that you are female, correct?

Is your doc familiar with Medifast?

IF you are female and fairly active, you ought to be using Medifast 70.

IF you are on the full fast, depending upon your weight and health issues, you ought to be having 6 shakes a day...
Last edited by Nancy on August 17th, 2004, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Reply to Nancy's questions.

Postby jewelz » August 17th, 2004, 8:11 am

My doctor was listed as a Medifast doctor on the medifast website. Hence, why I started going to him. So yes He knows about medifast since he is a "Medifast" doctor. I am 29 years old and weigh 249 as of know. My doctor has me on the Medifast 70 plan (5 shakes a day) no food. At least 30 minutes of exercise a day.. I am following his orders to the letter. He has me coming in every 2 weeks for weigh in and measurements, as well as any blood work or anything else he deems medically necessary. I tried to do Medifast on my own but do to the medical issues I have (High blood pressure, asthma) I decided I needed to be supervised by a doctor. My doctor intends to take me off the full fast after the next 2 week visit that is on August 26. He will then add a 300 calorie meal and maybe change the medifast plan I am on. Do you disagree with his plan>??

Thanks,
Jewelz
262/222/150
jewelz

Response to Nancy's questions

Postby jewelz » August 17th, 2004, 8:44 am

Oh, Yes I am female.

Sorry forgot that question.

Jewelz
262/222/150
jewelz

Postby Nancy » August 17th, 2004, 5:51 pm

Jewelz ~

I dare say I do not disagree with your doc's plan for you - he knows you far better than I, especially your medical issues.

I wouldn't suggest that you increase your exercise routine to 45 minutes yet. I think that it is way too soon for a vigorous workout - your body really does need time to adjust to Medifast. You DID say that you tried Medifast on your own so perhaps that was fairly recently. Exercise is important during the weight loss phase but even more so when one reaches transition and maintenance. During the initial stage of weight loss it is difficult for most people who are obese or overweight to exercise without injuring their joints or taxing their heart if they are not accustomed to exercise. We suggest that exercise begin the fourth week of the weight loss phase and that it begin with walking and stretching and then gradually increase in duration and intensity.

I'm glad to hear that you are on MF 70 and your doc's plan to add a meal or more protein soon may be just the ticket for your needs.

Like with any weight loss plan, it IS frustrating when the pounds don't fall off instantly. We live in a society that expects efficiency and instant gratification. Medifast does a terrific job of delivering safe and fast weight loss - faster than any other weight loss plan I've tried - but I find that many of us are just not patient enough at times, me included!

We are thankful that you are getting a handle on your weight while you are still young - you'll have even more years to experience life to the max! My joints have been ground away by hauling excess fat around all these years. I didn't realize the toll it would take on my body over the course of time.

Wishing you all the best, Jewelz!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.